Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Song ?

Options
  • 26-11-2007 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

I heard this tune a few days back and it seems to be stuck in my head but I do not know what it is.

It had a whistle in it, I think it might have been the chorus. It was quite calm and relaxing.

Sorry for been a little vague, but any suggestions, I would welcome. :D

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

No, does that sound calm and relaxing.

Does to me! guess I'm easily relaxed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

did you hear it on the radio??

did it sound like a new or old song

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

MRPRO03 wrote: »
    No, does that sound calm and relaxing.

If you dont describe Young folks as calm and relaxing then there may be problems trying to find your song out based on your descrtiptions of it.

Thats is such a chilled song....<slight head bop, as whistling along>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

Flute?
    Definitely Relaxing

Belle and Sebastian - Boy With The Arab Strap

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is it that song from the 80's/early 90's with a guy singing something like heeeeeere we are something of survival, then it has whistling in the middle. And no, it's not Queen - Princes of the universe, it's a bit more relaxed then that;)

Voice kinda sounds like Brian Adams too.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Scorpions - Wind of Change?
    It's of the era and features whistling, dunno bout the lyrics though.

That's it, thank you!! It was wrecking my head (and I'm not even the poster originally looking for a song lol). I have the song and everything:rolleyes:

If you dont describe Young folks as calm and relaxing then there may be problems trying to find your song out based on your descrtiptions of it.

Thats is such a chilled song....<slight head bop, as whistling along>

Thank you!

• Advertisement

It is not the one I was looking for, but is sort of similar to that whistle.

It wouldn't be Ennio Morricone would it? Doubt it would be on Irish radio though. What station?

I do not know the station, I just heard it walking by.

best thing to do is record yourself whistling it and post it up (cmon, it's only whistling, it's not like your being asked to sing:D).

I have no recording device. :D

Phone me... lol. only joking :p

you must have something to record to?!

haha, cool, unfortunately I'm not too sure. It may pop into my head but if it's anything released in the past year or two I'm not your man, I haven't listened to radio in a long time:o

• Registered Users Posts: 28 twomill

anyone know what happened to jackie quinn who released an album called don't hold back the river. i have the tape version at home but i can't find out if it was ever released on cd. also i don't know if she ever released any material after that. i think she was a niece of brendan quinn the country singer

No one know it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ThousandLeaves

This one?

give it a second to get started.

Yes, thats the whistle. Do you know song it is ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 smurf32

Is it twinkle twinkle little star
    :D

lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ThousandLeaves

I wasn't sure myself, but according to IMDb it's a Goldfrapp song called 'Lovely Head'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 simonmoody

twomill wrote: »
    anyone know what happened to jackie quinn who released an album called don't hold back the river. i have the tape version at home but i can't find out if it was ever released on cd. also i don't know if she ever released any material after that. i think she was a niece of brendan quinn the country singer

Actually, I managed Jackie during the period that she signed to Virgin Records and made "Don't Force The River". In fact, you will see me mentioned on the album. I am also trying to locate Jackie as I have not heard from her in years and I now live and work in NY. So if anyone has any news, it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

It is a goldfrapp song. It's the first track of the Felt Mountain album. It's called Lovely Head.

Advertisement