Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drivers driving on full headlights

Options
  • 26-11-2007 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I know it gets dark in the evening sooner but why do drivers insist on driving without dipping their headlights? It's so annoying and dangerous for

a)cars who are in front of offending driver
    b)cars who are oncoming to the offending driver

The normal practice for this is to switch the rear view mirror to night mode but it doesn't help if your going in the opposite direction to the bright lights

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

While you don't often come against people who forget or refuse to dip, I often have people who don't dip after you overtake them.

I've even encountered people who use full beams in the city. I've only ever seen women do this though.

If a person behind me has full beams on I give them a few flashes of my fog flights to try to tell them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Gosh it's amazing the amount of Light (ie fogs brake dips high beam) related threads have appeared since the changing of the clocks.

A lot of people are simply not used to dipping as they spend most of their time driving under city/town lights and driving in daytime conditions. But I think you'll find a vast majority do manage to dip eventually.

However I do find it annoying when ppl don't dip after been overtaken a couple of flashes of the rear fog usually sorts that out. Oh before the muppets go mad do not leave your rear fog on permanently
    Niall1234 wrote: »
    I've only ever seen women do this though.

You have done well to notice this fact despite the other car having their headlights on and in the dark

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What I've noticed recently in the city is a lot more people having their dips on, but angled up as high as possible. Particularly when they're driving a bigger car, they can be angled pretty high, almost as bad as headlights. I'd guess that most of these people either don't realise that they can change the angle of their dips or do it to look cool :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

I do alot of driving in the dark and i have to admit 90% of people no and do use there lights properly , but what drives me made is people with one headlight out and using there one good one on FULL beem so they can see better, get it fixed or dont drive the car and blind people. Rant over. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Cadzer wrote: »
    I do alot of driving in the dark and i have to admit 90% of people no and do use there lights properly , but what drives me made is people with one headlight out and using there one good one on FULL beem so they can see better, get it fixed or dont drive the car and blind people. Rant over. :)

Have to echo this, I do close to all my driving at night - other than to and from work which is good as night this time of year - and the biggest problem on the roads (other than the hour after closing time in rural areas) is drivers with one light out, or trying to balance out dodgy lights with their beams - sidelights (or even worse, foglights) on one side, full beam on the other...

• Advertisement
Advertisement