Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skateboard advice

Options
  • 26-11-2007 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im looking to buy a good skateboard for my son (10 yr old). I have no idea what type to buy. Any advice on the best type would be great, also best place to get one.

Thanks

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Whatever you do, don't buy him a skateboard from the lieks of Argos, Smyths of Banba. They really are toy skateboards, poorly designed, made from cheap materials and won't last in the long run. If your son has an interest in skatebaording and he sees other people being able to do tricks on their boards he will inevitabley want to try to get better and start learning tricks himself. These toy skateboards (with the likes of WWF wrestlers or Spiderman graphics) will hinder his progress.

Granted a proper skateboard will cost a bit more but the quality is much better and it will serve its intended purpose alot better.

Try www.theboardroom.ie I know they do skate, BMX and surf stuff. I've bought abotu €600 worth of bike parts from them.

Pete.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

in most skate shops they should have complete blank setups ready to buy. These blank decks are just as good as any professional board, only a LOT cheaper.

Advertisement