Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Italian venue?

• 26-11-2007 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

There a number of Italian venues that could easily be chosen for the Italy-Ireland World Cup qualifier - San Siro, Stadio Olimpico (both Rome and Turin), Artemio Franchi in Florence, San Paolo in Naples, Luigi Ferraris in Genoa, Bentegodi in Verona

Where do you guys hope it's played?

At which venue would you like the game to be played? 31 votes

San Siro
    0% 0 votes
    Stadio Olimpico (Rome)
    45% 14 votes
    Stadio Olimpico (Turin)
    29% 9 votes
    Other venue (please state which one in a post)
    9% 3 votes
    No real preference
    16% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

would not mind the game being played near rimini as was based there for san marino game and its a lovely place..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

During the recent Euro Qualifiers the games were played in a different stadium each time. Naples, Rome, Bari, Milan, Genoa and Modena were all venues so it'd be difficult to choose.

Don't really have a preference but I'll be there wherever it is! I'd imagine there'd be quite a few Irish travelling too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Artemio Franchi would be the best i think. Decent size, 47k so it would be almost full and have a good atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Don't care.

Ireland will lose no matter if they played it on the moon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

DesF wrote: »
    Don't care.

you're an optimist, I see :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

In Genoa as Sampdoria as nominally my Italian team , otherwise San Siro

you're an optimist, I see :rolleyes:
    Realist is the word actually.

Or non-delusional.

Anyone who thinks Ireland will beat Italy, in Italy, is on something from Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Ideally I'd love it to be played in the Stadio Oreste Granillo in Reggio Di Calabria, as I have an apartment being built just down the coast from there so could save on accomodation expense! The Stadio Renzo Barbera in Palermo would be a realistic location, and who could say no to a nice trip to Sicily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I dont neccessarily think we will beat them but you say we will lose even if its played on the moon , I disagree with the right manager in charge we might sneak a draw , its not that long ago we were drawing in Paris and thinking that we could give any top seed a game home or away ,

Don't care.

You don't care because we will lose? hmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Realist is the word actually.

Or non-delusional.

Anyone who thinks Ireland will beat Italy, in Italy, is on something from Waterford.

Can you knock the waterford slagging

gustavo wrote: »
    I dont neccessarily think we will beat them but you say we will lose even if its played on the moon , I disagree with the right manager in charge we might sneak a draw , its not that long ago we were drawing in Paris and thinking that we could give any top seed a game home or away ,
    I think this is delusional thinking.
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    You don't care because we will lose? hmmm...
    I don't know what you are trying to say here?

My post was clearly broken into two parts.

I don't care where the game will be played.

It makes little difference anyway, Ireland are going to lose the game, even if it was played on the moon, we'd still lose.

kensutz wrote: »
    Can you knock the waterford slagging
    Yeah, sorry.

I think this is delusional thinking.

I don't know what you are trying to say here?

My post was clearly broken into two parts.

I don't care where the game will be played.

It makes little difference anyway, Ireland are going to lose the game, even if it was played on the moon, we'd still lose.
    If you don't care, why post? Looking for a reaction like you usually do?

If you don't care, why post? Looking for a reaction like you usually do?
    Well, to be fair, you haven't expressed an opinion on the venue yourself on the thread.

Picking an argument with me, like you usually do?

Also, the last option in the poll is "No Real Preference" - or, "I don't care".

Well, to be fair, you haven't expressed an opinion on the venue yourself on the thread.

Picking an argument with me, like you usually do?

Also, the last option in the poll is "No Real Preference" - or, "I don't care".
    Not going to get into a debate on semantics. But carry with your baiting if you like, but don't be surprised when people take it.

I'm not allowed to have the opinion that Ireland are crap, even though the evidence is there for all to see?

OK sorry.

I've changed my mind. Everything is rosy in the garden for Ireland.

I think the match should be in the most fantastic stadium the Italians have to offer, it would be the most fitting way to showcase Ireland's unquestioned talent and skill at football, we are a brilliant side, and the only reason we have failed is down to managers.

The players are all great, and we have some excellent young players coming off the famous Irish production line.

That better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Much :) good to see you getting on board, if you're opinion has changed, then there's hope for everyone yet :)

I'd love to go back to the San Siro. (although I have vowed never to go to Milan again, but I think I had a preamble in that pledge that I could do it for football matches)

I'm not allowed to have the opinion that Ireland are crap, even though the evidence is there for all to see?

OK sorry.

I've changed my mind. Everything is rosy in the garden for Ireland.

I think the match should be in the most fantastic stadium the Italians have to offer, it would be the most fitting way to showcase Ireland's unquestioned talent and skill at football, we are a brilliant side, and the only reason we have failed is down to managers.

The players are all great, and we have some excellent young players coming off the famous Irish production line.

That better?
    As you've said before....
    Don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You're awesome Des.

• Advertisement

No, I'm not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'd like to see it played in Bari. That was the only stadium I liked from World Cup 90. Looked like a mothership from the outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Italians will continue the rotation and as we are third seeds and not a great draw from an Italian point of view, there is no way it will be Milan or Rome. Think more like Bari,Trieste or Bergamo.

Italians will continue the rotation and as we are third seeds and not a great draw from an Italian point of view, there is no way it will be Milan or Rome. Think more like Bari,Trieste or Bergamo.

Both Wales and Scotland played at the San Siro when they were third seeds in the last few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Both Wales and Scotland played at the San Siro when they were third seeds in the last few years

And now they rotate the games. Keep up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

OK sorry.

I've changed my mind. Everything is rosy in the garden of Ireland.*

Hey! First Waterford and now you're dissing my beloved Wicklow. Quit it:D

They rotated the games then too. I expect the game to be in Rome....would love Naples though.

*edited for my own amusement

Nunu wrote: »
    Hey! First Waterford and now you're dissing my beloved Wicklow. Quit it:D
    :p

my bad :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Turin ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Luigi Ferraris, Genoa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

cson wrote: »
    Luigi Ferraris, Genoa.

How poetic. All we need is David O'Leary as manager .... of Italy hopefully.

cson wrote: »
    Luigi Ferraris, Genoa.
    Pigman II wrote: »
    How poetic.
    Doesn't work. I was in Stuttgart last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Doesn't work. I was in Stuttgart last year.

Ye, so it has to be Rome. We lost there in 1990 so this time we can reverse it:D

Haha! You might be on to something there! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah Id prefer Rome or Milan too. Just easier to get to and should be no probs for tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Bologna
    Direct flights, great drinking city and a nice little stadium.

Advertisement