Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Final - Cork City Vs Longford Town

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'll be in work. Haven't time to check over the thread but if it hasn't been mentioned already... If you keep your ticket stub tomorrow you'll be given first preference for tickets to the Ireland-Brazil game in February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

finding it very hard to get excited about the final.. hopefully it will hit tomorrow, but i dunno..

maybe cause it's been several months since the season ended, maybe it's the shabby treatment afforded the final by the fai, maybe it's the fact we're playing a complete nothing of a team, maybe it's the fact im not going, maybe its all the sh!t off the field regarding contracts, maybe it's the rubbish new jersey and the even rubbisher new crest, maybe its the paying of my ridiculously overdue electricity bill has left me skint, i dunno...

i've been more fired up for league games with UCD and longford then i am for this final..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

SectionF wrote: »
    The sheer neck of it! :eek:
    At least when Dalymount is sold it'll be replaced.

you would have to know what bits of it you actually own in order to sell.....

irrelevent to the original point though. you let your stadium fall apart and ballsed up the property deal to move to the sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

you would have to know what bits of it you actually own in order to sell.....

irrelevent to the original point though. you let your stadium fall apart and ballsed up the property deal to move to the sticks.

why is your forum locked since it was mentioned you had to sell 2 players?

i have to use my pretend rovers fan account and login to view.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    why is your forum locked since it was mentioned you had to sell 2 players?

i have to use my pretend rovers fan account and login to view.

kdjac

the players thing is a wind up.

no idea why it was unlocked for a while, so i presume its BAU to keep herald hacks and gah monkeys away

the players thing is a wind up.

no idea why it was unlocked for a while, so i presume its BAU to keep herald hacks and gah monkeys away

your keeper in england right now in talks with a champhionship side, no offence but hes ****ing good (altho last time i seen him he conceded 5 :D ) i seriously doubt any rovers fan thinks he will turn down a move to UK to stay here. he is very very good and that makes him too good for EL.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    your keeper in england right now in talks with a champhionship side, no offence but hes ****ing good (altho last time i seen him he conceded 5 :D ) i seriously doubt any rovers fan thinks he will turn down a move to UK to stay here. he is very very good and that makes him too good for EL.

kdjac

again, its a wind up. he isnt in england.

heard he was in england also.. why would he want to stay with a rovers team going nowhere?

anyway back on topic, getting a bit hyped about the final now... 3-0 to city i reckon.. in fairness we should be well able to beat a part time first division outfit who dont actually play football and employ a 9-1-0 formation (with the man in midfield sitting just in front of the back 9)

one thing's for sure, it wont be a pretty game..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

To be fair.

I think Matthews let off the shackles this season. Less defensive than last season anyway.

• Advertisement

Roar wrote: »
    heard he was in england also.. why would he want to stay with a rovers team going nowhere?

anyway back on topic, getting a bit hyped about the final now... 3-0 to city i reckon.. in fairness we should be well able to beat a part time first division outfit who dont actually play football and employ a 9-1-0 formation (with the man in midfield sitting just in front of the back 9)

one thing's for sure, it wont be a pretty game..

Jeez, yer man has done well to be top scorer playing just in front of the back four!

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Jeez, yer man has done well to be top scorer playing just in front of the back four!

he likes to run from deep apparently :P

Roar wrote: »
    he likes to run from deep apparently :P

The ultimate counter-attacker so!

Best of luck to all involved today, I'm trying to get off work early to watch it. If it was in Dalymount or Tolka I could walk to it, but the RDS is just out of range for me on a Sunday. Weather seems pretty poxy, really strong winds out this morning. Hopefully it won't affect the game too much.

My moneys on Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Longford are 4 -1. Not bad, considering they've the league's top scorer and Cork are at each other's throats.

1-0 cork

weather was nice compared to last season.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

HEHEH "f ucking have it". always good when the camera is close enough for live daytime swearing.:)

• Advertisement

"two fingers to the board"

ha ha, dan murray is a legend..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Oh well. Have a sore head though, I walked into a wall :(

its like a soap opera down here with all the rico in/out/shakeitallabout stuff, and the players contracts..

the club have also just released this rather puzzling statement
    We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate everyone associated with yesterday’s success, the Players, Damien Richardson Team Manager and Dave Hill Assistant Manager, the support staff that helped to make it happen and the fans for travelling in great numbers to support the Rebel Army. And of course our Sponsors - Beamish, the Evening Echo, Leisureworld, Red FM, Hibernian and hummel for their continued support.

Cork City Football Club is known as the Rebel Army for good reason and in the heat of the moment we understand that statements can be made that are not factually correct. Apart from four players that Damien Richardson indicated that he did not want re-contracted all other players have been offered significantly improved contracts with higher basic wages and uncapped performance related bonuses which have the potential to more than double their current wage. The vast majority of players have accepted their new contracts and the only reason four players are currently out of contract is that they have not yet accepted the offers on the table.

In addition, prior to the semi-final of the Ford FAI Cup we told the players that whatever prize money was won yesterday would be split between the team and the support staff. As Cork City won the Cup the €100,000 prize money will now be divided amongst the players and the support staff.

In ongoing discussions with Damien Richardson we have indicated that Cork City Football Club intents to appoint a Director of Football and that that person will determine the club’s future footballing needs. Damien has however indicated in meetings with us that he has received offers from other clubs. Obviously it is up to Damien to decide whether or not to accept those offers or to look to renew his contract with Cork City and we will continue to discuss this with him.

Finally, we would once again like to take this opportunity to congratulate everyone who was associated with what was a tremendous sporting occasion yesterday and we look forward to building on this success in 2008.

no one seems to have a clue whats going on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'd say John Lukic knows.

Well done to City for yesterday.

It was a fúcking horrible game, and so was the weather.

Nice goal, but that's about it.

Highlight of the day for me was meeting Kevin Doyle, Shane Long and Stephen Hunt in Coppers, and accosting Liam Kearney at every opportunity to try to get him to kiss my Shels crest. He wouldn't though, so I still think he's a...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

DesF wrote: »

Highlight of the day for me was meeting Kevin Doyle, Shane Long and Stephen Hunt in Coppers, and accosting Liam Kearney at every opportunity to try to get him to kiss my Shels crest. He wouldn't though, so I still think he's a...

Should have got the other Liam Kearney to kiss it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

DesF wrote: »

Highlight of the day for me was meeting Kevin Doyle, Shane Long and Stephen Hunt in Coppers, .

des, in coppers?? what is going on at all? first off, drinking with culchies in a culchies pub and then coppers....tut tut des:D:D:D:D

was a poor match, but i dont blame the players for this, the conditions were simply horrible. second half was a bit better than the first and i think cork deserved their win. left the ground freezing and soaked....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Awful conditions, I was nearly tempted to stay in Paddy cullens for the game.

Annoyed with some of my friends that decided that werent going to come up the day of the match leaving me with a ticket to find. But it was their loss. I'll remind them next time they start singing "City till I die":D

Got a ticket no problem for the Grandstand but headed up the north Stand. Good craic and kept warm with the jumping.

Game was determined by the weather. General feeling was that Longford needed to score in the 1st half with the wind at Citys' backs 2nd half.

Special mention for Dan Murray. Simply awesome. As Georgie once coined him, "the Franco Baresi of the Eircom League!";)

I must say, Cup champions has a great ring to it.:)

Can't wait for next season to start. Santa knows what I want for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its been a crazy few days. Thank God I dont have to work until tomorrow.

Re the game itself, it was awful, but as mentioned, the conditions dictated that. Thought City played some nice stuff in spite of that in the 2nd half. Longford never looked like scoring, so it was actually quite comfortable in the end.

Hopefully the FAI will look at this final, and the previous 2, and realise the cup final in December is a disaster.

gimmick wrote: »
    Its been a crazy few days. Thank God I dont have to work until tomorrow.

Re the game itself, it was awful, but as mentioned, the conditions dictated that. Thought City played some nice stuff in spite of that in the 2nd half. Longford never looked like scoring, so it was actually quite comfortable in the end.

Hopefully the FAI will look at this final, and the previous 2, and realise the cup final in December is a disaster.

was chatting about this last night, surely the FAI should think about starting the cup final earlier, and having the final August/September direction?

Advertisement