Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Query about a used car - heat exchanger

Options
  • 26-11-2007 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a used car and the one I have in mind is a '93 Golf and it's NCTed but the heat exchanger needs to be replaced. Does anyone know how much this would cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A heat exchanger will take a few hours to replace as it is buried behind the dash. IIRC it takes 3-4 hours plus the cost of the part. It really depends on where you plan to have it done and what the labour rate is. If you want to price the part, call your local dealer and ask them for the price of 1H2 819 031 A . I don't know if there are spurious heat exchangers available but it would be worth investigating.

EDIT : You will also need fresh coolant and probably a few hose clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

93 Golf that needs a new heat exchanger? This will likely cost several hundred quid which isn't far off the value of the car so bear this in mind if making an offer for the car. Many older cars with the same fault will end up being scrapped because of it.

Advertisement