Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Grand Vitara 1.6

Options
  • 26-11-2007 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,
    My Girlfriend is thinking of buying a 3 door Suzuki Grand Vitara 1.6 petrol. They seem a very reasonable price for a smallish 4x4. I was wondering is this a good idea.
    How are they on fuel considering they are petrol?
    How's the power?
    Are they a good buy?

Thanks
    JAck :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would imagine fuel consumption on the 1.6 litre is heavy due to the heavy bulk of the body and 4 wheel drive train.

I would opt for the 2.0TD instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Might be better off waiting till we find out about the VRT changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

our estonaian worker had one and it was costing him huge money in repairs to suspension and other items. he had the diesel version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

The Good lady wife had one, by jasus they are a thirsty fe*ker, 300 miles to a tank. Lovely to drive, just dont try and take a corner too quickley. Their was a face lift available from around '03 on.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

Guy at work said his girlfriend will be getting a Audi A3 to replace her 06 Grand Vitara 1.6 because it is costing a fortune in fuel. Engine revs near 4000rpm at 100kmh. It has to be low geared to get it to move. Avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Saruman wrote: »
    Might be better off waiting till we find out about the VRT changes.

If you really wanted one buy NOW because i tink the tax on that would go UP+++++

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I think the point of these things is that you dont buy them for their fuel consumption but people buy them for the four wheel drive and raised suspension.
    I know people who have them cos they live down a muddy lane or pull a small horse box for the kids pony ect
    they definitely dont drive like a car...tell her to drive one...then drive a car for the same money and see the difference....if she dosnt need it for the "mucky business" then a car is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I know people who have bought bigger SUV's and a lot more expensive ones cos at this time of year there are a few leaves on the road outside their house

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I looked at the new 2L TD version earlier this year and was shocked by the poor fuel consumption of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

prospect wrote: »
    I looked at the new 2L TD version earlier this year and was shocked by the poor fuel consumption of it.

Afaik the Grand Vitara uses the 2.0 litre TDi VAG unit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement