Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Satnav DVD for VW/Audi

Options
  • 26-11-2007 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

A Friend bought a new head unit for his touareg ,I think the model is a RNS2, however the dvd disks were not with it. I was wondering if some one had the disk ,in the Limerick area, is there any chance I could copy them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

This DVD is available from any VW dealer - but it won't be cheap. I don't know if TeleAtlas still supply map data for VW but you could try them - it might save a few bob.

http://www.navshop.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

AFAIK, the unit is an RNS-E. I'd try eBay for the mapping DVD, I think they're copy protected, so you'll need an original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Have a pioneer unit myself, which uses tele atlas as far as I know. And I had no problem copying them up and using them. I have looked into getting them on Ebay and the teleatlas site, but the price is crasy, so I would rather try any copy them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

I'm fairly sure it's just Audi that use the model RNS-E. I have a 2006 dvd going cheap for one but again, doubt it's any use to your mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I bought an Audi Allroad in 2003 with the CD satnav. Like your friend, it didn't come with a navigation CD. The menu was in German and couldn't be changed without the CD. I complained to the dealer who passed my complaint on to MSL (Audi Ireland). They came out and changed the language to English and the dealer gave me the Irish/UK CD for free.

It is a bit much that you pay €€€ for a car and add factory installed satnav (which is a rip off and I would never buy again) and you don't even get the relevant CD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement