Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapidshare account hijacked.

Options
  • 26-11-2007 12:38pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

I've tried logging into my rapidshare account last night and got the message "account found, but password is incorrect"

Believe me I've used the same password they emailed me when I paid for the premium account, and certainly didn't change it myself.

I've emailed rapidshare with the paypal receipt and I am waiting on a response.

What's worrying me is that if someone got my rapidshare account details, might they have gotten my AIB online banking details etc?

I'm using the (very popular on boards.ie) 3G broadband modem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Mine was hijacked a few weeks ago. You paid through Paypal, so unless they have the password to your Paypal account you should be safe. But change your password anyway, just in case.

Rapidshare were pretty speedy to get my account back, but when they did, all my uploads were gone. Kind of made me think that they just deleted the old one and created a new one for me.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

emailed Rapidshare last night and I am still waiting on a response.

Second email gone to Rapidshare, the tone of it a little stronger than the first.
    Anyone tell me how long Rapidshare normally take to respond to an email?
    It's been like 24 hours now. They'd better be extending my premium account when I get it back.

No response from rapidshare. This is beginning to annoy me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I know I'm stating the bleeding obvious here but RapidShare were really setup to cater for piracy, though they would never admit that of course.
    Anyway, with that in mind - I wouldn't trust my personal information at all with them.

As for hacking rapidshare accounts, little bit of searching around the scene reveals it's so easy that reading the info just sounds rediculous and I'm suprised people still pay them any money at all for any premium services.

I'd open up a dispute claim via paypal if I were you and just cut my losses with RapidShare. Once bitten and all that...

• Advertisement

Well I had no problem with rapidshare for the last few months, I've gotten a ton of cool stuff, lightning quick from them.
    The fact that they're ignoring my emails is really beginning to annoy me.

Ps: how is it "so easy" to hack a rapidshare account?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bet if you tried it from any other network the old password would work ...because I just tried it for you :p

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Bet if you tried it from any other network the old password would work ...because I just tried it for you :p

Not sure I follow?

He's hiding under your bed !

I don't understand.
    Spongebob, were you able to get access to my old password? if so, how?

what the **** is going on here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I get the feeling that maybe, just maybe, Sponge is being a little bit facetious.

Anyway, try the Forgot Password link on rapidshare.
    http://rapidshare.com/en/forgotpw.html

I've tried the forgotten password link. All they did was send me the password from my account that expired on Nov 3rd.
    I still haven't received a reply from them, so I'm just after opening up a dispute via paypal with them. Hopefully that'll wake them up a little.
    And from my experience selling on eBay, I know that paypal take the buyers side 100%.
    I sold a game for 29.99 sterling (45 euro) and mailed the thing off. Anyway your one claimed the game never arrived (I knew from her aggresive tone from the getgo she got the game and pretended she didn't), and paypal debited my account for the 45 euro. I was well pissed. I have an ebay rating of 260 and every single game I've sold has gotten to the destination. The fact that she filed a claim with paypal 2 days after I mailed it made me think she was a scam artist.

So after I filed the dispute with paypal, Rapidshare responded. They gave me a new log in and password and extended my account by 2 days, and stated that my account was probably hacked. Fair enough.

anyway I logged in to my rapidshare account to see if all was well, then logged out again. Anyway I tried it again a couple of hours later and it was hacked again! In that the password was changed again. This time, however, the hackers weren't so thorough. They forgot to change the email address so I was able to get their password sent to my email account. I logged in again and changed the password. All's been well for the lasy few hours, here's hoping.

You really need to check your computer for viruses and any spyware or keyloggers.

Would suggest you get the latest trial version of Nod32 and use it to scan your computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

jayteecork wrote: »
    I've tried the forgotten password link. All they did was send me the password from my account that expired on Nov 3rd.
    I still haven't received a reply from them, so I'm just after opening up a dispute via paypal with them. Hopefully that'll wake them up a little.
    And from my experience selling on eBay, I know that paypal take the buyers side 100%.
    I sold a game for 29.99 sterling (45 euro) and mailed the thing off. Anyway your one claimed the game never arrived (I knew from her aggresive tone from the getgo she got the game and pretended she didn't), and paypal debited my account for the 45 euro. I was well pissed. I have an ebay rating of 260 and every single game I've sold has gotten to the destination. The fact that she filed a claim with paypal 2 days after I mailed it made me think she was a scam artist.

I had the same thing happen. I rang up MBNA and they sorted it out.

MBNA replaced the funds that paypal stole? interesting?
    Nehaxak: I'm one step ahead of you. Before I left the house this morning I started scans with AVG, Avast, and McAfree.
    I'll probably download that one you mentioned and give it a try too - can't be too careful these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

jayteecork it's never a good idea to have more than one anti virus program on your computer. They'll conflict with eachother and pick up each other's definition files as various virii.

Advertisement