Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drivers seat replacement - '98 Polo saloon

Options
  • 26-11-2007 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

Just wondering how easy (or not) you guys think it may be to get a replacement seat (drivers) for a 1998 VW Polo saloon. The seat back on my drivers seat has been damaged for quite a while (I've left it way too long) and it's not good for the back among other things.

I'm planning to go searching around a few breaker's yards (in Mayo) in the hope of picking one up, should this be easy enough to find, and if so is it a difficult job to replace the seat?

Also, if it takes me a while to source this, I was thinking of swapping the driver's seat back with the passenger one for comfort. How possible would this be and again do you think it would be a big job?

Thanks for any feedback!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

domall wrote:
    I'm planning to go searching around a few breaker's yards (in Mayo) in the hope of picking one up, should this be easy enough to find, and if so is it a difficult job to replace the seat?

This is the best option - you shouldn't have too much hassle finding one. If you do then maybe give Traynor's a call.
    domall wrote:
    Also, if it takes me a while to source this, I was thinking of swapping the driver's seat back with the passenger one for comfort. How possible would this be and again do you think it would be a big job?

Not worth the hassle (especially if you have side airbags) - there are plenty of differences as the seats are a mirror image of each other. But it can be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

I agree with the above. Breakers Yard is the best place to go. Shouldn't be too dear to source. There are plenty of Polo's and Seat Ibizas around (basically the same car).

Advertisement