Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guess whats in stock at komplett?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I clicked on it to buy. said 3 left. By time I got to checkout, all gone. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

they don't hang around for long do they

Not even 30 seconds in my case. My girlfriend ordered me a 3870 OC (christmas present) instead, including delivery it's still 20 quid cheaper then that GT. So I'm happy either way!

I picked up my 8800 Gt for 200 yoyos at newegg and that was the most expensive one, the cheaper ones were going for 180, the komplett prices are a monster ripoff, daylight robbery

It's not so much Komplett as it is Europe. Sucks though. How did you get it from Newegg?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

thats just MAD!

there asking crazy money for them and people are payin.

ah well just have to wait another 2 weeks or so for the better GTS :)

my brother is in America, had it delivered to him while my mum was over there, though she missed it by one day and now it's coming in by fedex so I might get stung for import duty :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

would anywhere in germany have them?
    my brother is coming home for xmas, and i dont mind asking him to get a few if anyone wants one??!

let me know this week if anyone does.

haha they must of counted the stock wrong cause another has just appeared!

go on yous know you want it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm tempted to go for a HD3870.

€236 delivered off Dabs is ok, isn't it?

Frankly I think this GT situation has got out of hand, prices are spiralling and while they are still what some might call "good value" for a card of this calibre, they are nowhere near what NVIDIA said we should be paying. How are they not able to keep up? Is it actually the manufacturing process or is it something more sinister? Surely they knew before release that this card was going to be more in demand than Paris Hilton's album??

A friend of mine bought his new rig which we put together but he is waiting for his 8800GT. He has no old card lying around and only wants to play FM2008 and medieval. I said cut your losses and go for a 3870 rather than wait till 2008 but he is a stubborn fellow and refuses to budge.

You can get the HIS one for about 210 delivered from Komplett, though it's out of stock at the moment, same as Dabs. A lot of the GT though are not due in till next year! I really wanted a GT, but I decided to just get a 3870 instead, it's what a lot of people are doing. Ati are going to do well with the 3870, solely because of Nvidias supply problems. Though a monopoly would be disastrous, so it's good Ati has a chance to get back into the game.

The one I got is 245 delivered, the msi OC edition 3870. Probably not worth the extra 10-35 (depending on model) over the regular edition but it's a gift, so I'm not paying. the 3870 responds fantastically to oc'ing. Going to go Crossfire in January.

That Dell GT price is amazing, considering its the OC edition as well...

I swear to jezus i dont work for Komplett but they have another 5 XFX in stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Not sure if its of interest but Asustek 8800gts are in stock on Dabs.ie at the moment for €244. I was watching it earlier and there were MSI's in stock too but they are all out once more.

Not sure whats wrong with the Asusteks that they are still in stock at the cheapest price for an 8800gt on dabs.

Anyway perhaps this might be of some help to some of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

My stubborn friend just got his 8800GT delivered. I couldn;t understand how it was so fast.

He informed me the card was €276 and overnight delivery from komplett was €36....that guy drives me nuts sometimes!!!

I wouldn't pay over €200 for this card, despite its performance. Keep waiting Dirk, keep waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Well it was either a mistake or a clear indication of profiteering on dabs part but I notice that the Asustek 8800gt on dabs (still in stock) has gone from being €244 to €267 since last night!

I added one to my order last night which still has the original price displaying on the order. It will be interesting to see what price they charge when the order is processed fully.

9 XFX card's are in at Komplett.

I dont know if I can hold out much longer.I have all the parts for my new build except the GPU!

I'd be curious if the stock is shared between all the komplett.whatever sites, if there are 9 in stock at komplett.ie are there also nine in stock at .co.uk and .fr etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

9 XFX card's are in at Komplett.

I dont know if I can hold out much longer.I have all the parts for my new build except the GPU!

gone already :(

Advertisement