Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

itouch?

Options
  • 26-11-2007 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im thinking about gettig an itouch for christmas, i want the 16gb one, has anyone any advice on them? i wanted to know how you type the websites into it on the wifi? also could you say go and write an email on it? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

I have one myself, amazing they are - the album art view is brilliant.

Regards to Wi-Fi, you tap the address bar and the keyboard comes up and you simply tap the keys like on a keyboard - it's a doddle.

aPPLappleipodtouch_cropped_270x373.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

thanks im very excited now!
    could u write a short email on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Lucifer wrote: »
    thanks im very excited now!
    could u write a short email on it?

Yep you can easily do that. It takes a bit of getting used to but it also has automatic spelling correction if you hit the wrong key when typing a word.

yey thats great, one last thing also is the battery life good and also whats all this abut jailbreak or something?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

They're a bit big looking

• Advertisement

Jailbreak is easy - I suggest you eBay one with the 1.1 firmware and Google "Jailbreak"... it's so simple.

ok sorry i have lost you there? what s jailbreak? is it software for it? sorry...

It's software to enable a host of 3rd party apps and original iPhones apps on your iPod.

http://www.hacktheipodtouch.com/unlock/ipod-touch/how-to-jailbreak-the-ipod-touch

I have most the iPhone apps on mine, editable calendar, games, themes and wallpapers.

ok great, is it very complicated to do? so if i just order off apple website is that ok to get the itouch? sorry im so confused....what applications does it come standard with?

thanks

It's very simple to do if you have the 1.1 firmware - you go to http://jailbreakme.com/ on the Touch's browser and install it - that's it. Then when you open the new icon on the iPod (called "Installer") there's a whole host of of new programs to add - games, general software, GPS programs ect.

Defaults apps are visable... and to the right is it jailbroke...

ipod-touch5.giffoo_0-vi.png

The album art is like so.... it scrolls along with a swipe of the finger.

TouchMusicArt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

16GB is very small, does anyone know when larger memory iPod Touch's are becominga vailable as I assume apple will do this soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Passenger wrote: »
    16GB is very small

16GB is big for flash memory.
    Any mp3 players you see with more probably have a hard drive.
    And I don't think apple have any plans to add a hard drive to the itouch as it would make it too bulky.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Could you view boards.ie on the ipod touch?? And other websites such as sky.com for teh fantasy football etc.? Very interesting thing I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Boards does work on the Touch but it is a bit hard to type on forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

tuxy wrote: »
    16GB is big for flash memory.

Aye, it is actually. Would definately invest if they brought out a harddrive iTouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Just to add my 2 cents worth - the ipod touch is definitely the gadget of the year. Buy it for the best small device browsing experience available, gorgeous video, proven ipod audio capabilities and a user interface that points towards the future for all devices in this class. Don't buy it as an ultra portable or PDA replacement - it has neither the apps nor the input devices for those types of tasks. The touch keyboard is fine for a paragraph or two but beyond that I find it frustrating.

Overall though, if you like gadgets this one is gonna kill ya - I still get a buzz showing it to people and I've had it a while now. Definitely recommended.

Cheers,
    C

Advertisement