Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's filming in Greystones at the moment?

Options
  • 26-11-2007 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Being nosey...

The harbour was being kitted out for a shoot, old cars, pub renamed - looked great. Anyone know what's (and who) filming?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

Its for a flashback scene in the new Star Trek Movie.

Any sign of Zachary Quinto or Simon Pegg?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

The name of the production is "George Gently", being made by Ardmore studios. The setting is Yorkshire in the 1960s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

The Hills Have Eyes 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Halo 3 movie...?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

tc20 thank you!

Two of ye get back to your basket, hoops, jumping around with some kinda ball thread :)

Hammie ;) Had to google it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

W0LFMAN wrote: »
    Halo 3 movie...?
    Germans Can't Jump

I heard it was called 'The Marina - Seconds from Disaster', starring Doug McClure as Chuck Sispar. Chuck is a man on the edge, his wife left him for a Muck Salesman in Clontarf and his teenage daughter thinks he is a failure.

He took the job on Greystones Marina in the hope he would redeem his flagging life but little did he know that the Marina was being built out of old strands of Mike Murphys toupee and the spare brass from Bertie Aherns neck.

Now only Chuck stands between the Developers and an environmental disaster unseen since the Great Friction Fire of Gay Byrnes Polyester Jumpsuit in 1979.

Quotes from the movie -

'Hey Chuck, I only have 2 days to go before I retire and live happily with my wife and kids... I will dive into the pool of burning oil and reattach the pipe that provides cooking fat to Jokers'

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Germans Can't Jump

no but, half man half dog do..!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

The Beachhouse even looks better the way they have painted it!! 1960's seems to suit that building! - Unfortunately they will be putting it back to the previous colour after the filming - only took the painters 5 hrs to paint the whole place. 2 of them. That's fairly impressive it has to be said!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

tc20 wrote: »
    The name of the production is "George Gently", being made by Ardmore studios. The setting is Yorkshire in the 1960s

This is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

mcgiggy wrote: »
    This is true.

Indeed and it is, but i prefer SlinkyToo's perception of reality . . . ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Heres a link with cast etc. Just in case you recognise someone on the street. They were filming on the pier tonight.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0948746/

Martin Shaw - Doyle from the Professionals, lets not talk about Judge John Deed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭MrVostro

Ardmore studios film out along the coast there and in Bray a lot.

You'll probably see them around the place once or twice a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

tc20 wrote: »
    There was a pilot on the telly a while back http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2007/03_march/28/gently.shtml. I recognised a few places including the Sally Gap road, Bray seafront, and I think the North Beach in Greystones.

There was one place I didn't recognise, it was a lonely cafe set high on some bleak looking moorland .. nothing I recognise from around here, but an interesting looking location.

Oh yes, and the setting of the pilot in any case was supposed to be North East England, Northumberland to be precise. Not too sure where the rest are supposed to be based, but here's a synopsis of one of the new episodes ...
    In Bomber’s Moon Gently and Bacchus find themselves investigating present violence and past grievances after a returning German POW is found dead in the harbour of a small fishing village,
    Hmmm, I wonder where that is?

Advertisement