Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return an Item in M&S

Options
  • 26-11-2007 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi
    We bought a winter Jacket in M&S mary street Dublin.
    We bought it on 18th October and after 10 days my wife started wearing the Jacket. On the first day it self she wont feel comfortble and thought of returning the item. We looked at the recipt and it says we can return the item for full refund untill 18th Jan 2008( i.e 90 days return period)
    We went to return the item in M&S stores and the manager refused to take the item back, she is saying the Jacket is smelling. Honestly speaking it is not giving any smell, she wear it once.
    we are kind of shocked, is there any way can deal with this ?
    any suggestions advise ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

gtsreddy wrote: »
    Hi
    We bought a winter Jacket in M&S mary street Dublin.
    We bought it on 18th October and after 10 days my wife started wearing the Jacket. On the first day it self she wont feel comfortble and thought of returning the item. We looked at the recipt and it says we can return the item for full refund untill 18th Jan 2008( i.e 90 days return period)
    We went to return the item in M&S stores and the manager refused to take the item back, she is saying the Jacket is smelling. Honestly speaking it is not giving any smell, she wear it once.
    we are kind of shocked, is there any way can deal with this ?
    any suggestions advise ??

If it smells, it smells. If you really want to return get it dry cleaned and bring it to them on the same day. Show them the receipt for the dry cleaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Do you seriously believe a shop should allow a return on an item that has been worn? Seriously? They are obliged to give a full refund if there's something wrong with it - if it's not fit for its purpose. You can't just change your mind because you bought it a size too small and then wore it! I would be very annoyed if I went into a shop, bought a jacket and then found that it had already been worn.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

M&S have a very good returns policy in that they give you 90 days for a full refund and a refund at last selling price after that. They also refund items that have quality issues, for instance, when I worked there a woman brought back a bikini that had fallen apart when she wore it swimming. The item was not fit for purpose so she got a full refund and an apology.

However, if you buy and item and don't make sure it fits/is comfortable/looks ok before you wear it, that's your problem. If we were allowed wear clothes and bring them back for a refund, then shops would be full of used clothing.

Unless the coat is not comfortable because of a quality issue, then you cannot expect M&S to take it back.

Yes, the receipt says you have 90 days to return items, but it does not say that you can wear something and then return it.

Advertisement