Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Play Asia

2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Well my copy of the Orange Box popped in the letterbox today.
    Still waiting on my copy of Bioshock.
    That reminds me, I popped into Xtra Vision today and they're doing Brand new copies of Bioshock for 29.99.
    Of course I buy it online for 33 and think I'm getting a great deal yet 3 week later it hasn't arrived and I see a European copy for less.
    Usual.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Well my copy of Mass Effect arrived this morning. Finally. Took about 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I didn't think play-asia were this slow. I know I'm not supposed to tout but anyone needing these quicker I have some of the above mentioned games in stock. Thats all I'll say. pm me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm thinking of buying a DS off them, but god knows how long it'll be till it gets here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

they're usually only a week or two to arrive but since its that time of year its taking a bit longer. Got Assasins Creed yesterday, took 3 weeks also.

• Advertisement

Bioshock arrived today so all's well that ends well. Came with a packet of Japanese sweets - Strawberry flavour.
    Not bad really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ordered the standalone copy of 'Guitar Hero 2' off PlayAsia a while back. It was the same day Guitar Hero 3 came out as I had just gotten it and the guitar.

Thought it was odd how it didn't arrived yet.. just checked it's status there:

10835183kw3.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Was it listed as in stock when you ordered, basquille? It looks like it might have been a backordered title. I was waiting ages for Orange Box to ship before I gave up and cancelled. I stick to new releases now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

basquille wrote: »
    Ordered the standalone copy of 'Guitar Hero 2' off PlayAsia a while back. It was the same day Guitar Hero 3 came out as I had just gotten it and the guitar.

Thought it was odd how it didn't arrived yet.. just checked it's status there:

10835183kw3.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

So like 17 days? I think that's ok for the money you save. I use play asia for games I can wait for – for stuff I really want that day it's out e.g. CoD4 I get in Dublin.

Was it listed as in stock when you ordered, basquille? It looks like it might have been a backordered title.
    I'm not sure really..!

The only reason i ordered it from there is because it's the only place you can get 'Guitar Hero 2' without buying the guitar. Unless i look for one on EBay i suppose.

Will give it til the end of the month anyways.. i'm in no rush with it to be honest.
    grizzly wrote: »
    So like 17 days? I think that's ok for the money you save.
    It's not even shipped yet - it still says 'Preparing Order'! :D

Will more than likely be waiting a while for it to get here when it is eventually shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

is there delivery charge? cos if there is how much do you actually save on 360 games?

zuchum wrote: »
    is there delivery charge? cos if there is how much do you actually save on 360 games?
    You can see the delivery charge in the image i posted. It's roughly €2 (first time i ordered so I presume it's per-game).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Basquille,

I've ordered 30+ titles from Play-Asia over the last couple of years
    and it sounds like you ordered it when it was out of stock as
    Sad Prof mentioned.

Cheers Gran.

Should i bother waiting or will i just cancel it? I'm in no rush i suppose.

EDIT: It's listed as 'Usually ships within 5-15 days' here!

they'll come eventually.
    However I'm gonna shop around the place before I order in future.
    I paid 33 for Bioshock and in the meantime I saw it for 29.99 new in Xtra Vision.

Really? Must pop into Xtra-Vision tomorrow so.

just picked up a brand new copy of Rainbow Six: Vegas from play-asia for 20 euro.
    Sweet.

Oh, this reminds me.

My copy of Guitar Hero 2 arrived last Friday! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

basquille wrote: »
    Oh, this reminds me.

My copy of Guitar Hero 2 arrived last Friday! :D

Glad to hear it, I'd have been surprised if Play-Asia had mucked up as
    I've found them up there with the best of the European online stores
    in terms of reliability and customer service. I'd say the Christmas postal
    chaos caused a fair whack of the delay - I know a couple of my orders
    from other Asian sites took longer than normal over Christmas.

If anyone's ordering in early February, watch out for delays with Chinese
    New Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Woah I thought I was waiting long for my 2 games(call of duty 4 and Assassins creed) which I ordered 2 weeks ago but some people had to wait many weeks! Hoping atleast 1 arrives tomorrow

My postman is fairly atrocious though, I once got my college exam results 1 week after everyone else.
    If anyone's ordering in early February, watch out for delays with Chinese
    New Year.

Doh

• Advertisement

wish play-asia would get in a region free copy of Burnout Paradise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Both arrived today in same envelope

Happy days

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

jayteecork wrote: »
    wish play-asia would get in a region free copy of Burnout Paradise.
    There is no such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

So, if I buy a 360 in Asia (much MUCH cheaper), it should work over here with our PAL games and on our TVs?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Assuming its a region free title yes. It says on play-asia what regions it will work in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

how much would it cost to ship a game from china to here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

acri wrote: »
    So, if I buy a 360 in Asia (much MUCH cheaper), it should work over here with our PAL games and on our TVs?

The Video output will be fine if its an lcd your using. if its a PAL 360 then PAL games and region free games should work on it. You might need to get a 220v power brick for it or a 100v Transformer.

Advertisement