Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting / Redirection

Options
  • 26-11-2007 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers with the below setup:

I have 3 domains, a .com, .ie & .co.uk. I'm looking at consolidating the content onto the .com website and have ie, uk etc folders on this site for location specific content.

The redirection is ok, am going to automatically redirect (php header) from .ie website to ie folder on .com and likewise for .co.uk website.

With regards to hosting I was going to have .ie hosted in Ireland and .co.uk hosted in UK. The .com is currently hosted in Ireland - should this website be mirrored in the UK for uk searches or will anything be picked up from the .co.uk website? Should the .co.uk be hosted in the UK at all as it won't contain any content?

I was also thinking about using IP Geolocation to direct traffic (coming staight into .com) to the different folders depending on where they appear to be / are coming from. Anything to be wary of here apart from out of date info / reallocated IP spaces?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement