Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting at Abbeyleix.

Options
  • 26-11-2007 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Any news from the meeting yesterday. Got put out of action bitten in the
    arse by this winter sicko bug that's doing the rounds. Better I did not make
    it down after all or the place might have gotten cleared early!;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Now I understand why you call yourself 'Repeating Henry' :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What meeting was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MortgageMan

Good meeting.

Calender of events for next year looks very good. A lot of interesting competitions ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The NASRC AGM Bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Good meeting.

Calender of events for next year looks very good. A lot of interesting competitions ahead.

Indeed, static target shotgun:)

http://www.nasrc.ie/Calendar%202008.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Repeating Henry

I think Sidney & Mort must have caught this same run to the toilet bug and
    missed what got unloaded from the floor at this meeting, from what I have heard just now some guy from Kerry called O' Brien put himself up for the top job and made complete show of himself and to top it off Sidney you missed the finally, something of a jaw dropper that will shake things up in the shooting world, get back when I get all the facts.:eek:

/me baits breath...

some guy from Kerry called O' Brien put himself up for the top job and made complete show of himself .:eek:

And it wouldnt be first time or indeed will it be the last:D

and to top it off Sidney you missed the finally, something of a jaw dropper that will shake things up in the shooting world, get back when I get all the facts

I would be careful of posting that one Henry.

I would be careful of posting that one Henry.
    Yeah, anyone posting that one should really be posting a copy of the letter involved as well.

Sparks wrote: »
    Yeah, anyone posting that one should really be posting a copy of the letter involved as well.

I was considering DeVores sticky..

• Advertisement

The reason for supporting documentation is DeVore's sticky - there being a difference between allegations and proven, public domain facts, and all that.

Like I said, anyone posting that should have a scanned copy of the letter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Kimber

Tricky one that. Your right Sparks.

Now organisations in the states get to see our washing,
    Not saying that our washing is in anyway stained.
    But none the less. MMMmmmmm:o

My view tends to be that if you have dirty washing, you wash it Kimber, and that the washing is more important than the audience. But you also have to keep the law in mind at the same time.

Like I said, anyone posting that should have a scanned copy of the letter...

Had a feeling that would happen:rolleyes:

Agreed Sparks

But back to the washing: I love washing. I really do.
    Is it also important that you use the right machine in getting your whites whiter and that that washing powder is off the right balance and constitution

And if I was a washing machine. I would make sure that my internal workings were free of debry. But if I found some of my internal workings were in need of service. I would open my instruction booklet and view section 1 & 16 and troubleshoot my problem.

Now a good modern washing machine will have at least a years warranty till it has to be renewed.
    So get the troubleshooting index out. Always the last page of a manual.
    And wash those stains out. If the stains dont go. Use Vanish the real stain remover. Available at most Retail Outlets.

I think you broke the analogy Kimber!

I love washing. That is it,

Freud would say, "Sometimes a cake is just a cake",

Now analogies are Copi's theories,

But can a guy be in touch with his feminine side.....Jeeezzzz

I got a call to say a scanned copy of the letter was available to view last
    night on full view did anyone have a look! Where has it gone or are legal
    reasons holding back what was on the table at Abbeyleix in a public form!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The early bird catches the worm Henry :D

• Advertisement

There's a big difference between a scanned copy of a written, signed letter and a scanned copy of a printed-out email Henry...

Recent high profile legal cases have used e-mail as traceable
    evidence used in court. IF hand written it has to be then so be it.

Contact the NASRC to confirm.

Contact John Howard NRA USA.
    National Rifle Association
    of America. NRA National Instructor Trainer.
    11250 Waples Mill RD
    Fairfax, VA 22030 703.267.1423

E-mail JHoward@nrahq.org RE: DK RSO COURSES.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 Bellerophon

This is one of those awfull threads that get inflicted on the boards from time to time. It is a put up job designed to build on the bad mannered behaviour allowed by the NASRC at the meeting referred to. It is clear that the NASRC committee had their own reasons for allowing the diatribe which should have been stopped in the interests of fairness and justice as the targetted individual was not at the meeting to defend himself. The venom being poured forth onto the individual at the receiving end of this "storm in a teacup" leaves me wondering about the sanity and motivation of the pourers!
    This is the third attempt they have made to discredit their target on this board and I wonder why the mods allow it?

It's good to know we have the slayer of the Chimera on hand to look after boards from this vile wickedness...
    ...though if you know the end to the myth, you might not choose such an alias to post with...

Very good Sparks, nice to see a bit of erudition. It was hubris resulting from killing the chimera that led to the bee sting and , as the chimera is still alive, there is not yet cause for any hubris. How about using that erudition along with good judgement to keep boards from being a platform for spiteful malcontents?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Everyone is a spiteful malcontent depending on your point of view ;)

Not a bee sting, it was a fly sent by Zeus that bit Pegasus and caused Bellerophon to be thrown from his mount. The fly was sent because of Bellerophon's arrogance in thinking he could use Pegasus to fly to Mount Olympus after dispatching the Chimera with lead.

As to keeping boards free of spiteful malcontents, I find that that's a term whose definition is supremely subjective. Instead, I find keeping the noise level down and trying to keep the number of libel lawsuit threats to a minimum is a more useful approach.

If you go back to the original Greek Sparks, you will see that the word used for the thing that stung Pegasus was "insect" so who knows?
    Have you ever seen such a venemous campaign before Sparks or are your own personal views on this matter getting in the way of your judgement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

What calibre for Chimeras, and is there an open season?

• Advertisement

Ah Rovi, the voice of reason at last, Chimera are best slain with the lance of truth.

Advertisement