Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting at Abbeyleix.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Maybe we should take a leaf out of the NASRC's book about how to elect a committee?
    Better than a leaf from the books of some other assocations!
    I would like to invite other nominations for the new committee
    Go on, we need a good laugh. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 Bellerophon

Sparks wrote: »

In the words of some friends of mine, would you ever away and defecate! :D

Ah Sparks, modesty does not become you and your leaning towards learning seems to have dropped of a bit. Maybe you are already changing your image towards the LCD of the boards in order to get elected.

I have to say Bellerophon, initially I thought you'd mischosen your handle though a lack of knowlege of the relevant myth; I'm starting to think you were right on the money...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MortgageMan

Guillotine, as Sidney is away at the moment he cannot answer you. But it is you that are the one hiding, a new log in to make snyd remarks very big of you. Perhaps you might come out of hiding and say something constructive. :cool:

Bellerophon, it might have been a good idea for you to have attended the meeting last Sunday, and to have stood up and had your say. You whinge about existing committes and yet when the actual vote took place for the committee members there was only one challenge for a seat at the top table, and it wasn't YOU. ;)

If you have something constructive to say about the association maybe next November you might attend the meeting and put yourself forward for nomination ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I am slightly bemused about the accusations being levelled at the NASRC regarding the notice of the AGM.

I have had a copy of the NASRC calendar since last February and the date and venue for the AGM were on the calendar then.

Their website lists the AGM for 2008 already!

How much notice do people need????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

rrpc wrote: »
    I am slightly bemused about the accusations being levelled at the NASRC regarding the notice of the AGM.

I have had a copy of the NASRC calendar since last February and the date and venue for the AGM were on the calendar then.

Their website lists the AGM for 2008 already!

How much notice do people need????

Exactly! This was in the public domain for the last year.
    I know the present committee have their apparent shortcomings as rallied upon by certain people, but as Sparks said, and I have said, why not try to make things better rather than pick holes in things, because you have a problem with personalities. A bit counter productive and essentially just trolling. My opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Guillotine

Guillotine, as Sidney is away at the moment he cannot answer you. But it is you that are the one hiding, a new log in to make snyd remarks very big of you. Perhaps you might come out of hiding and say something constructive. :cool:

Bellerophon, it might have been a good idea for you to have attended the meeting last Sunday, and to have stood up and had your say. You whinge about existing committes and yet when the actual vote took place for the committee members there was only one challenge for a seat at the top table, and it wasn't YOU. ;)

If you have something constructive to say about the association maybe next November you might attend the meeting and put yourself forward for nomination ? :rolleyes:

as Sidney is away at the moment he cannot answer you. Hmmmmmm

But it is you that are the one hiding, a new log in to make snyd remarks very big of you. You any time--- in hiding, have you ever declared your true ID on Boards..

Bellerophon, it might have been a good idea for you to have attended the meeting last Sunday, and to have stood up and had your say. You whinge about existing committes and yet when the actual vote took place for the committee members there was only one challenge for a seat at the top table, and it wasn't YOU. Were you there and did you declare your true ID or was it MortgageMan another? ( i.e. Bogey Solicitors) against you. Let's wait until the SSAI AGM and let all be heard and have their say.

If you have something constructive to say about the association maybe next November you might attend the meeting and put yourself forward for nomination. I would not be worthy enough to match the honest people that are doing the Job. Because I would not put up with people like of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Who really cares ? These organisations represent a small number of the actual shooters in this country. There are as many disciplines as there are organisations. One single umbrella group for all shooting, with one committe wouls be a better situation. Many shooters are in NO organisations as a result of this bull....t ! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Guillotine

Who really cares ? These organisations represent a small number of the actual shooters in this country. There are as many disciplines as there are organisations. One single umbrella group for all shooting, with one committe wouls be a better situation. Many shooters are in NO organisations as a result of this bull....t ! :mad:

I think your are right, but one thing most people forget is the majority of shooters are game and not target shooters and we dont have this C--rap.

This has been suggested before Bunny and it just won't work. As you said yourself there are so many disciplines involved, the end result is that the organisation would be pulled in so many directions as to be completely ineffective. You would either have a very large committee with so many voices that nothing would be heard or a small one that would not be representative and equally ineffective.

I was not at the NASRC AGM myself, although I had intended to go (family commitments intervened), but from reading this thread and knowing some of the people who have posted here, I have drawn the following conclusions.

Those complaining most bitterly seem to be people who did not attend but feel aggrieved that decisions didn't go their way (well d'uh!) and those that appear to be relatively satisfied with the direction things are going in tend to be people who attended the meeting, some of whom are and have been involved in working within their organisations and running their sport.

When people start making comments about organisations losing touch with the views of the vast body of the shooters out there, I tend to raise my eyebrows and ask how anyone can actually know that unless they have actually spoken to everyone or are inflicted with overweaning hubris. I am inclined toward the latter.

It appears that Dev isn't the only person who could look into his heart and know what was best for Ireland.

• Advertisement

Guillotine if you are a game shooting and do not want to put up the crap from target shooters then stop trolling thorugh our threads and stop trying to cause trouble. ;)

The reason I mentioned hiding was because you named an individual, you have no right to name people unless you yourself release your identity. Maybe think things through before you jump into threads. :confused:

I know most of the names that contribute to this forum and they know me, I have nothing to hide and no axe to grind. But I do have a strong desire to ensure that my sport continues and that I can enjoy it into the future.

At the meeting last Sunday I did declare my name and my club and my interest's.

I wish you luck with your game shooting, but if you have nothing constructive to say about my sport, please keep your biased opinions to yourself.

Bellerophon, it might have been a good idea for you to have attended the meeting last Sunday, and to have stood up and had your say. You whinge about existing committes and yet when the actual vote took place for the committee members there was only one challenge for a seat at the top table, and it wasn't YOU.

But I was there MortgageMan. It was obvious from the moment I went in that the meeting had been "packed" and this was further proved by the voting. It was this and the fact that the committee allowed the disgraceful behaviour to take place which removed the rose tinted spectacles from my eyes about their performance. Even afterwards, I may not have been triggered into action if this thread had not appeared and the bad behaviour continued.

BTW thankyou Sparks for your praise for my choice of handle. Remember we are only at the start of the tale and the chimera has yet to be slain!

Those complaining most bitterly seem to be people who did not attend but feel aggrieved that decisions didn't go their way (well d'uh!) and those that appear to be relatively satisfied with the direction things are going in tend to be people who attended the meeting, some of whom are and have been involved in working within their organisations and running their sport.

It appears that Dev isn't the only person who could look into his heart and know what was best for Ireland.

The first paragraph clearly does not refer to me then and thankyou for the Dev comparison. This, along with the praise from Sparks has set me up nicely for the day.

I fully agree with you Bellerophon, the meeting was packed. Voting was never going to be fair, as some clubs brought over 16 people to vote on their behalf.

But apart from voting not being fair, there was only one nomination from the floor to change a seat at the top table. That nominee is now being jeered on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: very unfair.

I fully agree with you Bellerophon, the meeting was packed. Voting was never going to be fair, as some clubs brought over 16 people to vote on their behalf.

But apart from voting not being fair, there was only one nomination from the floor to change a seat at the top table. That nominee is now being jeered on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: very unfair.

I agree and I suspect that the jeerers were the people who used a similar approach from the floor at the meeting. If you look at the way this thread was started it says a lot about the way they have sought to spread their bile.

It was obvious from the moment I went in that the meeting had been "packed" and this was further proved by the voting.
    So, as I said before, when are you calling for the SSAI to be scrapped then?
    And which shooting association in this country would you point to as an example of how to do things correctly?

So, as I said before, when are you calling for the SSAI to be scrapped then?
    And which shooting association in this country would you point to as an example of how to do things correctly?

I think you got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning Sparks. If you look back at my posts, you will see that I already agreed with you that the SSAI/NASRC/NRPAI needs to be changed. If you want a good example you need look no further than the NTSA. Perhaps we could persuade the NTSA to take over as the national committee with you back as PRO?
    BTW, why are you being so catty with me? I have always been polite and even complimentary to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Each club should have a limited number of votes eg 2 x per club, would stop "packing"

The first paragraph clearly does not refer to me then and thankyou for the Dev comparison. This, along with the praise from Sparks has set me up nicely for the day.

You've conveniently left out the 'overweaning hubris' comment :D

With the benefit of hindsight and (at the time) without the benefit of rose-tinted spectacles, Dev would have been better looking up somewhere else in his anatomy.

You've conveniently left out the 'overweaning hubris' comment :D
    How rude you are. You and Sparks have been working together for so long that you are like Darby and Joan. The more I think about it, the clearer it is that the NTSA should take over from the SSAI/NASRC/NRPAI. I think you should both drop your leanings towards scatological comments though. They are not in keeping with the quality and dignity of these proceedings.

• Advertisement

You and Sparks have been working together for so long that you are like Darby and Joan
    That was fast, it only took one year, which would have amounted to something like 50 hours of actual in-the-same-room time....

That was fast, it only took one year, which would have amounted to something like 50 hours of actual in-the-same-room time....

When the chemistry is right--

How rude you are. You and Sparks have been working together for so long that you are like Darby and Joan.
    Hardly rude, probably descriptive. Certainly I believe that Dev was guilty of hubris to an extent that prevented him from admitting or even acknowledging that things were hardly as rosy as he felt that they should be. As for Darby and Joan, well Sparks and I actually only worked together for a year.
    The more I think about it, the clearer it is that the NTSA should take over from the SSAI/NASRC/NRPAI.
    The NTSA has far too much to keep it busy to start getting involved in other organisations. That doesn't mean or imply that we won't and don't work together whenever necessary.
    I think you should both drop your leanings towards scatological comments though. They are not in keeping with the quality and dignity of these proceedings.
    The scatologicality is in your mind not in my words. I didn't specify which part of his anatomy Dev should have looked into. But now that you mention it, that part would certainly have been appropriate.

The scatologicality is in your mind not in my words. I didn't specify which part of his anatomy Dev should have looked into. But now that you mention it, that part would certainly have been appropriate.

The scatology was in your mind which is why you chose your words. The fact that I correctly interpreted your allusion means you chose your words well.

Enough of this off topic digression--PLEASE, PLEASE will another mod come into this thread and get SPARKS( a moderator) and RRPC(wannabe moderator) to get back on topic, stop being rude and add some value to the thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Oh look, yet another feckin politics thread involving silly behaviour at some meaning or other carrying over onto this forum, with classicly named newbies speaking in riddles.

Why do people respond to this drivel?

At last, a moderator who says what he means. You tell em Civdef! Do you think the NTSA should take over from the SSAI/NASRC/NRPAI to save the future of shooting in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

1. I'm not a mod.

2. I really don't give a feck about the organisational politics I prefer shooting.

Civdef is an ex-moderator or exmod if you will. :D

And actually Bellerophon I was thinking of his nose (which you might remember was big enough to look up).

So don't anthropomorphise. If you thought I meant something else, then it was in your mind.

However, to resume the discussion, the NTSA has no business running sporting rifle or any other discipline. I know some of the people in the NASRC and consider them to be eminently capable people well able to run their own sport.

I find it mildly amusing and not a little frustrating that when the grunt work has to be done, very few will stand up to the mark and take on the job, but when there's the sniff of a high profile assignment suddenly there are numerous eminently qualified people with sparkling CV's tripping over each other to nominate themselves for the position.

That's my opinion for what it's worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

At last, a moderator who says what he means.

Be careful what you wish for Bellerophon. !!!

Just to remind everyone who wishes to disguise issues by misdirection and deflection. I will not tolerate gross departures from the subject in hand.

This includes references to either mythology or codology.

Keep it on the original topic or i will delete the offending posts ...first and last warning.

• Advertisement

Civdef, you were a mod who was sometimes unhappy about the direction some threads were taking and although you hid it well you were not happy about the personal involvement of other mods in the arguments. I agree with your feelings that you cannot be a referee and a fighter at the same time. You know Sparks and RRPC through your experience of their capabilities demonstrated as Mods. Should we have them on the new Governing body for shooting?

Advertisement