Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A place to study

• 26-11-2007 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi,

Will be sitting an exam in April '08. I live in a rather busy house with four other people and the place is hardly ever quiet enough to study in.

I'm in the Templeogue area (not that familiar with the area at the moment) and I was wondering if there are any places that I could go to study??

Thanks in advance.

K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The local library?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

"Town."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Local library

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Ilac library too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

keizer wrote: »
    Hi,

Will be sitting an exam in April '08. I live in a rather busy house with four other people and the place is hardly ever quiet enough to study in.

I'm in the Templeogue area (not that familiar with the area at the moment) and I was wondering if there are any places that I could go to study??

Thanks in advance.

K

If it's a college exam surely the college has a library or somewhere else that would be suitable?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭loadabollocks

you could try to get analumni card to any of the universities. if you know someone who went to any of them ask them to get it for you. will cost €25. valid for a year though and the ucd library is 24-hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

you could try to get analumni card to any of the universities. if you know someone who went to any of them ask them to get it for you. will cost €25. valid for a year though and the ucd library is 24-hour.

Its not 24 hour. Closes at midnight at exam time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

ballyrowan library is your best bet from templeogue - will only take 10 minutes to cycle down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Ballyroan Library can be fairly loud though. The librarians talk in normal voices to each other, they dont whisper. It's really irritating. And there's also loads of little kids running around.

I'm not sure if Tallaght Library would be any better. But that's also near enough for you to get to. Same goes for the library in Rathmines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

Spend 50 eurines and get yourself a set of noise cancelling headphones.

They will block out most of the noise (up to 80%), and you won't have to leave your room.

You don't need to plug them into anything ... just let them cancel noise.
    I use them on airplanes ... trust me ... they are surprisingly effective :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

move out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sorry, i just can't get over what a stupid question this is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Don't bother studying, just drop out of collage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

trout wrote: »
    Spend 50 eurines and get yourself a set of noise cancelling headphones.

They will block out most of the noise (up to 80%), and you won't have to leave your room.

You don't need to plug them into anything ... just let them cancel noise.
    I use them on airplanes ... trust me ... they are surprisingly effective :D

pfft. thats gay.

why use headphones when you can sound proof the room for over 1,000 euro!

http://www.ehow.com/how_15992_soundproof-room.html

he needs constructive ideas here ya know. not stupid ideas like buying a 50 euro pair of headphones!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

buy a tent!!

Advertisement