Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart telecom in Galway

Options
  • 26-11-2007 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

How do you find them? I am thinking of getting the 5Mb package.

It says no download cap. Would I get away though with downloading 150Gb a month or even more.

Just want to make sure I have free reign as I'm leaving NTL due to their ****e download cap.

I'm on the mervue exchange by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

How do you find them? I am thinking of getting the 5Mb package.

It says no download cap. Would I get away though with downloading 150Gb a month or even more.

Just want to make sure I have free reign as I'm leaving NTL due to their ****e download cap.

I'm on the mervue exchange by the way.

I ordered the 5mb package about 2 weeks ago, still waiting for the modem to arrive but they did say that it could take 2 to 3 weeks, I'm the other side of the city to you. If you're going for the 5mb package, make sure to look at the 'Free broadband' bundle they have. They have a deal for a talktime package aswell as 'free' 3mb broadband (you pay for the talk-time/phone service only, add €5 extra a month for 5mb). The 5mb broadband on it's own works out a bit cheaper but obviously there is no phone service, which suits me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    I ordered the 5mb package about 2 weeks ago, still waiting for the modem to arrive but they did say that it could take 2 to 3 weeks, I'm the other side of the city to you. If you're going for the 5mb package, make sure to look at the 'Free broadband' bundle they have. They have a deal for a talktime package aswell as 'free' 3mb broadband (you pay for the talk-time/phone service only, add €5 extra a month for 5mb). The 5mb broadband on it's own works out a bit cheaper but obviously there is no phone service, which suits me

Which exchange, just couriuos?

Which exchange, just couriuos?

Shantalla

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Shantalla

Is this the fastest available to you, or is the 8MB an option.

Am also on Shantalla and thinking of dumping ntl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Smart offer 7Mb. I don't know whether its available there though. Fairly expensive.

15 for 3mb; 20 for 5mb; 25 for 6Mb and 30 for 6Mb

• Advertisement

It goes up to 7MB. It starts with the base offer of 3MB. 5MB is an extra €5 a month, 6MB an extra €10 and 7MB, an extra €15. I'm starting with 5MB and if I want to upgrade, all I have to do is call them or do it online.

Give them a call. In my experience they've been very good to deal with, the girl I was talking to advised me not to take the package which would have actually cost me more in the long run -a talktime bundle (which I didn't realise). As I mentioned, I havn't actually been hooked up with BB yet (still waiting on modem delivery) so can't comment on their service overall but they seem to be one of the best options on the poll on this page (sticky thread). They will also talk you through switching over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

It goes up to 7GB. It starts with the base offer of 3GB. 5GB is an extra €5 a month, 6GB an extra €10 and 7GB, an extra €15. I'm starting with 5GB

In your dreams. speeds are in Mb/sec not GB

In your dreams. speeds are in Mb/sec not GB

Oops, was being a bit generous there alright :D

Advertisement