Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good restaurants in sligo town???

Options
  • 26-11-2007 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

im taking my boyfriend out for dinner tonight for his birthday and id like to go somewhere nice and not the usual pub grub places int own any idea's????
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

If you like indian food, try Classic India on Market Street. I LOVE it, the foods lovely, and the service is always great.

Oooooooooooohh....Indian tonight I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just a timely reminder that if people want to recommend good restaurants then by all means mention their name.

However please refrain from posting negative comments about any named restaurant. PM the OP if necessary but "naming and shaming" is a no no here.

Now then flynnser19 you can think of me eating a sandwich while you are tucking into a 6 course dinner ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

sueme wrote: »
    If you like indian food, try Classic India on Market Street. I LOVE it, the foods lovely, and the service is always great.

I was there a couple of weeks ago. Excellent choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Italian:
    Bistro Bianconi
    Caesers

French:
    The Montmarte

Regular:
    The Embassy
    Fiddlers
    The Yeats Tavern (Drumcliffe)
    Coach Lane
    The Loft

That should get ya started

muffler wrote: »
    Just a timely reminder that if people want to recommend good restaurants then by all means mention their name.

However please refrain from posting negative comments about any named restaurant. PM the OP if necessary but "naming and shaming" is a no no here.

Now then flynnser19 you can think of me eating a sandwich while you are tucking into a 6 course dinner ;)

As muffler said don't post any negative comments about the restaurants.
    The ones i've posted are good in my opinion (otherwise I wouldn't have posted them!).

You'll find their numbers in the Golden Pages.

Anyway Flynnser19 enjoy!

• Advertisement

Gillie wrote: »
    The ones i've posted are good in my opinion (otherwise I wouldn't have posted them!).
    You eat a lot :D

not to mention the demon drink on nights out

Guilty as charged!
    On both counts!

Counting Crows is very quiet today!

Gillie wrote: »
    Counting Crows is very quiet today!
    Something he ate? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

I know i am abit like that, need a fix of curry every week or so. Glad to hear of this place. I go to Poppadom which is very good, o connell street. They are very friendly too.
    Montmatre + !. So its reopened? That restuarant was of another level and romantic spot too. (and thats just the staff!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

muffler wrote: »
    Something he ate? :D
    You didnt take a nip out of him yourself then Muffler?!

• Advertisement

More like something we drank!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

where is market street??what is it beside???

Beside McLaughlins pub (i think).
    Once way street that feeds into Gratton Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 carebare

Has anyone tried out the new lemongrass restaurant in the Clarence yet?

Advertisement