Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions

• 26-11-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

I am back in UL doing a night course and I was in the library studying yesterday, Sunday.

Since when is The Stables closed on a Sunday afternoon.

The new bridge looks impressive, how much did it cost.

Has anybody tried the riverside restaurant (not sure if I have the right name) beside the new bridge. The menu looks good but is it still the same crap food that is served in most of the eating facilities in UL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Since when is The Stables closed on a Sunday afternoon.
    Hmmm since as long as I can recall anyway... Nothing is open on Sundays on campus afaik. Open to correction on that one though.
    The new bridge looks impressive, how much did it cost.
    Highly controversial topic! Came in at around €16m apparently, having been originally estimated at €10m. Pretty, though, isn't it? :p
    Has anybody tried the riverside restaurant (not sure if I have the right name) beside the new bridge. The menu looks good but is it still the same crap food that is served in most of the eating facilities in UL
    I'm presuming you mean the Millstream restaurant? Staff only afaik! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Since when is The Stables closed on a Sunday afternoon

The Stables opens at 5 on a Sunday.
    It may open earlier, but on rare occasions, like when you want them to show a football match :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Mossin wrote: »
    The Stables opens at 5 on a Sunday.
    It may open earlier, but on rare occasions, like when you want them to show a football match :D

Ah the memories of entering the Stables at some stage of the afternoon to watch a match and leaving many many hours later in a rather ****faced state :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Ah the memories of entering the Stables at some stage of the afternoon to watch a match and leaving many many hours later in a rather ****faced state

Oh yeah I remember that day.
    Thats the day that Brendan, Declan and the staff played pool with us and bought us beer and everything...Man they were the good times, and probably the start of my alcoholism....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I'm presuming you mean the Millstream restaurant? Staff only afaik! :rolleyes:
    It isnt staff only its fair game for everyone. Iv eatin up there. Unless of coarse there is sections for staff only or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 rummybyrd

cooperguy wrote: »
    It isnt staff only its fair game for everyone. Iv eatin up there. Unless of coarse there is sections for staff only or something

There are two restaurants there - one is the formal dinning restaurant (looking at the restaurants on the left) which is open to the public - reservations have to be made. Next is the 'cafe' style restaurant (does great fish and chips on Friday's), this again is open to the public. Both restaurants do not have staff designated areas.

However, there is the staff common room which is near the millstream, which has a lounge and coffee/tea area. This is reserved for faculty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I always thought there was a staff-only restaurant up there?! I was informed that there was a regular cafe there too that students can access as well. Hmmm my bad! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

The Millstream Courtyard is most definitely open to students, most definitely the best food on campus, and most definitely the same prices as anywhere else!

Advertisement