Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can anyne help me find a couple of 8800gt's

• 26-11-2007 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

all places i checked are out of stock
    seen any on your interweb travels in stock?
    let me know
    thnaks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Few came into Komplett today, by the time I had gone through to checkout, all gone....again. Nightmare. I just went for a 3870, hopefully be here in time for christmas.

If this is accurate and not awaiting to be updated, then you can get them here:

http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-052-BG

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-125-LT&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1008

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-002-PN&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1008

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-015-PV&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭jasperok

thanks for your time much appreciaated.

its funny you know, with amd on the backfoot nvidia seemto be really rolling out their stock and new products slowly (which as a business they ae entitled to do its just a pain for the comsumer) even to the extent that higher clocked versions of the same models seem to be hardeer to come buy-
    or is that down to the reseeler/manafacturer - like xfx.evga/ ettc?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Did you try eBay ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Dont bother with the GT, wait a efw more weeks and pick up the new GTS it will be a hell of alot more powerfull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anti wrote: »
    Dont bother with the GT, wait a efw more weeks and pick up the new GTS it will be a hell of alot more powerfull.

there will also be hardy no stock tho ! :rolleyes:

nivida are having problems world wide with stocking the new 65nm gfx's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭jasperok

Anti - you really think so?
    i had been debating this but cant make sense of what nvidia are doing right now as regards to their next cards.

not to start a stupid topic but it would of made more sense to hab=ve the 8800gt as a 9800gt then it would stand to reason that a 9800gts would be better than a 8800gtx.
    however will they alloy an 8800gts be it g92 to outperform gtx and ultra? or at least flog it by a mile regarding price/performance.

the 8800gt has kind of shifted the expectation bar to an unknown level and maybe it is best to wait to see what they do

i just worry that ther''ll be something else worth getting a little after that again as i dont purchased so often

mmmm

Nvidia are doing this to piss off Ati, the g90/g92 archetecture is so good that they can get 2 generations out of it. While ATI are trying desperatly and failing to match nvidia, althought this is AMD's fault for getting ATI to concentrate on onboard gpu's and a mixed cpu/gpu.

Coroprate take overs.. What a bitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Nvidia are doing this to piss off Ati, the g90/g92 archetecture is so good that they can get 2 generations out of it. While ATI are trying desperatly and failing to match nvidia, althought this is AMD's fault for getting ATI to concentrate on onboard gpu's and a mixed cpu/gpu.

Coroprate take overs.. What a bitch

worng this is not a new generation of cards.the ati chip is the R670 and the nivida chip G92.these are the same gen just with smaller cores.

the new generation will be the D8E dor NIVIDA and R700 for ati.both due out l8 O1 2008.

• Advertisement

Nope, it's just going to be a refresh on the existing GTS line. It will actually be made in the same .9 process... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I have two 8800gt's on order for two weeks now, one from pixmania and the other from dabs....both retailers keep putting forward their expected delivery date without any reason even though both cards showed in stock when I bought them.....bit miffed have to say but hopefully they will come next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Chosen wrote: »
    Nope, it's just going to be a refresh on the existing GTS line. It will actually be made in the same .9 process... :(

Getting down to the nitty gritty there are some key details we should make mention of. Based on the new G92 core, we have the standard features to come with it such as PCI Express 2.0, a 65nm die and 1:1 texture addressing units : texture filtering units.

Thats from the link havock supplied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

just ordered 2x 8800gt's off ebay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

just got mine delivered from overclockers.co.uk, only took them 2 days to deliver ;)

gline wrote: »
    just ordered 2x 8800gt's off ebay :)
    gline wrote: »
    just got mine delivered from overclockers.co.uk, only took them 2 days to deliver ;)

err.. ?

Chosen wrote: »
    err.. ?

yeh cancelled the ebay ones as they would take too long

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

There is a very good ebay seller with lots of Leadtek 8800gt (plural) didnt want to put an S after it or it would confuse people :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Grim. wrote: »

whats this , is it the new gts, ie better than the gt, how can you tell whether it's an old one or a new one, do komplett do the new gts yet, is there any point buying this card are totally new ones coming out in january

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

MooseJam wrote: »
    whats this , is it the new gts, ie better than the gt, how can you tell whether it's an old one or a new one, do komplett do the new gts yet, is there any point buying this card are totally new ones coming out in january

If it has 512Mb it' a new one.

No point buying a 512MB 8800 GTS after getting a 512mb 8800GT. The perfromance difference is not that huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

uberpixie wrote: »
    If it has 512Mb it' a new one.

No point buying a 512MB 8800 GTS after getting a 512mb 8800GT. The perfromance difference is not that huge.

quite true.

for the difference, its hardly worth the extra 100 euro's.

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=544&card2=548

Advertisement