Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imag!ne, Perlico, RegionalBroadband, Eircom ---- HEEELP

Options
  • 26-11-2007 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

The oul head is a bit melted.
    Trying to figure out who the best broadband supplier is.
    Before anyone goes off on one, Im in the country so
    cant get NTL or Smart much that I would like to.

So which is best out of these
    Imag!ne
    Perlico
    RegionalBroadband
    Eircom
    ANOther

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Digiweb, IBB,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 woodsp

Perlico provides the best service. Perlico / Imagine / eircom etc. provide broadband using DSL technology. The speed provided can be significantly better than for fixed wireless providers like Irish Broadband or Digiweb.

Perlico offer the same service as the other DSL providers but offer it at a lower price and with better customer service. I work for Perlico - if you'd like to contact me at paul.woods@perlico.com I'll get someone on our team to send you information on the options available to you. Perlico provide coverage throughout Ireland.

All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Regardless of what Mr. Perlico up there says, They are Jokers and should be avoided. And I personally think its horribly inappropriate to be flogging your products on this forum.

As has already been mentioned try IBB or Digiweb, if you don't need a phone line for calls they would be your best option. If you can't get them or want a phone line for calls you would be best off getting Eircom, although I do hate admitting it :D.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

woodsp wrote: »
    Perlico provides the best service. Perlico / Imagine / eircom etc. provide broadband using DSL technology. The speed provided can be significantly better than for fixed wireless providers like Irish Broadband or Digiweb.

Perlico offer the same service as the other DSL providers but offer it at a lower price and with better customer service. I work for Perlico - if you'd like to contact me at paul.woods@perlico.com I'll get someone on our team to send you information on the options available to you. Perlico provide coverage throughout Ireland.

All the best!

woodsp, your post is considered advertising,

If you want to help people with issues thats all well and good but boards.ie is not the place to spout marketing material.

If you want to advertise on boards.ie may I suggest Perlico contact the boards.ie admins regarding advert banners rates as they will be happy to assist you.

I would also hope that your managers and superiors are aware that you are posting on boards.ie as employee's posting on message boards without prior permission generally doesn't go down well with ISP's HR Departments. in my experience.

Cabaal,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JuncoPartner

woodsp wrote: »
    Perlico provides the best service.
    Thats a completely unbiased view Id say...

And judging by a lot of comments on here and the regular bad press Perlico receive, its possibly not the most truthful statement either.

Product and price wise its much of a muchness between resellers like Perlico and Imagine etc. Except of course if you want 3Mb broadband or above... Oh and if you want any kind of reasonable cap... Compare Perlico's 12GB cap on their "Max" product of 2Mb with Imagines 30GB or 60GB for an extra 92cent. The fact that Imagine are offering 3Mb for 5 euro more and 2Mb for 5 euro less may also be a factor. Oh and that Imagine give a free static IP as standard.

Customer Service wise, having had dealings with both I would go for Imagine again every time. But either way if you have a fault on your line or a problem that is going to require an engineer you can be sure that Eircom will look after their own before they look after their resellers customers.

Having said all of that Id much rather be with Smart/IBB/Digiweb or UPC for broadband than any of the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I'd Imag!ne that Vodaphone will want to migrate Perlico customers to 3G/HSDPA mobile Phones & USB/Datacard Modems so as to actually make profit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

From what I see thei'r no longer offering Three's package on there webiste

Advertisement