Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware when Shopping

Options
  • 26-11-2007 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just been looking around the shops at lunchtime and kept picking up what could be considered "nice" clothing at not so "nice" prices - and three items I picked up were badly stained. Don't know if they're shop soiled, staff are wearing them, returns - whatever. But it's put me in a really bad mood, as I pushed my way through various shops and thought to myself between the poor quality of material, sewing, the staining - we've just got to be really careful and make sure we scrutinise every item we pick up.

As I came back to my desk to moan with my colleagues they told me they just left a store and whilst looking for a pair of shoes, picked up somebody's old pair - this person must have tried on a new pair and walked out of the shop wearing them leaving the old shoes amongst the new ones.

I tell you all this is turning me right off shopping. Bah humbug - and it's not even December yet. Anyway, felt the need to rant and warn everyone - just be careful when buying. J

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

there's also roving gangs of prescumbags dropping bangers and stinkbombs about. bloody scuts.

tbh, most stains in clothes shops come from customers and their kids. you DO NOT BRING LITTLE JIMMY AND HIS F**KING 99 ICECREAM CONE INTO A SHOP. ANYWHERE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

But I like 99s!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Tree wrote: »
    DO NOT BRING LITTLE JIMMY AND HIS F**KING 99 ICECREAM CONE INTO A SHOP. ANYWHERE

You know, a nice dose of contraceptives in the drinking water would do wonders for this problem within a generation or so... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Couldn't agree more with Jack B!!! You know that children should be seen and not heard moto - when it comes to shopping, they shouldn't be seen either....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mamamia79

Judes wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more with Jack B!!! You know that children should be seen and not heard moto - when it comes to shopping, they shouldn't be seen either....................

HaHa! My pet peeve is the Penney's Buggy Brigade. You know, that particularly aggressive breed of woman driving her buggy into your ankles as though it were a freakin cattle prod. What's great is that the majority of the time, the buggy is full of shopping with nary a baby to be seen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

So my original thread "beware when shopping" has reminded us all - it really is SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST out there.............. maybe a suit of armour - ahh, but that would probably set off the electronic tag machines. OK - shin guards for the prams, helmets for the umbrella poking, breast plates (for the girls!?*) for those hangers that attack you, and get caught in your cardie or coat, so you end up taking a rack of clothes with you. I'm a woman - this shopping lark is supposed to be within my DNA!?*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

get into rugby mode for the coming weeks, get the head down, the elbows out, run for their knees and take them down.

Or do your shopping in November or even earlier, like an intelligent person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

dahamsta wrote: »
    Or do your shopping in November or even earlier, like an intelligent person.

You're the reason why the shops have Christmas decorations up in July, god damn you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Chez Roundy, the shopping was done and dusted weeks ago...

• Advertisement

Actually I haven't done any yet. I'll just buy everything online. Tomorrow, probably, thereby proving the rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I can't claim any great credit either, if it were up to me, all the presents would be money in cards, or hastily bought stuff on Christmas Eve...

The wimmins have their fringe benefits now and then ;)

Cash rocks!

Advertisement