Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just recieved a Gillette Fusion in the post - WTF?

Options
  • 26-11-2007 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

What the hell is going on here. I'm always very careful about not giving out my real address whenever I can avoid it and I always (un)tick the boxes such that I don't receive any spammy crap. Is there any way I can find out where these w$nkers got my address?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Surely there's a return address of some sort on the package?

I received one via Tesco. Used it once, found it rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

You sure you didn't sign up for it through the freebie list here? I got one from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Is there any way I can find out where these w$nkers got my address?

I know spam can be annoying but your going on like its a Horses head that got delivered.

Maybe one of your mates signed you up cause they thought it was a good deal....?

Sorry, but getting something free doesn't make it acceptable. I get free paper through my door every day, and I'd like to kick the head off the people responsible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Oh FFS! It's quite obvious YOU gave them your address at some stage, could have been months ago. Stop f*cking whining!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

dahamsta wrote: »
    Sorry, but getting something free doesn't make it acceptable. I get free paper through my door every day, and I'd like to kick the head off the people responsible.

Do you have sign in your door asking people not to put stuff like that in your letterbox?

I did as a matter of fact, a few years ago. Black on yellow, NO JUNK MAIL. I took it down again, because people ignored it. As far as I'm aware, the postie - the prime culprit these days - is actually told to ignore them. Junk mail marketing is An Post's bread and butter these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Oh FFS! It's quite obvious YOU gave them your address at some stage, could have been months ago. Stop f*cking whining!!!

No I definitely didn't because as I stated in the OP, I'm very careful about that.

As a matter of interest, what % of people do you think they expect to send back the evaluation form they sent with it?

Advertisement