Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who wants to see the Codename Baldy movie?

Options
  • 26-11-2007 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

In addition to meeting up for beers later in the month, does anyone want to go see the Hitman movie this Friday? I was thinking a 9ish showing in Douglas but I'm open to suggestions.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I know I said the 30th'd be perfect for me, but it turns out not so perfect, and Saturday's impossible too. You've put the idea in me head now though, could we do it another night?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Can't seem to find it online but would there be previews Thursday? Other than that it'd have to be next week....but that's so far away.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

seeing as i dont finish work till after either nine or ten, id be suggesting a late showing maybe. though that might not suit either. what's teh wonderful world of midweek like for you non studenty types?

Can't do a late show either day, uh, either. Could do Thursday, and midweek in general is usually ok.

What non-studenty types?

Come to think of it, I'm finished early on Monday......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

forgot you're back in skewel. thursdays are excellent for me.i do sod all in general :)

*begins to wonder why he sent pms first

So will we say next Thursday?

Thursday week's good for me.

i shall pencil ye in

Only pencil? We're not important enough for a pen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

I have a quill...

the phone is touchscreen, pen would manky up the screen :P

also, im too lazy to look up the cinema times. who's meeting where and when?

Well I'm off all day so I'm flexible. How about the 8:45 showing in Douglas and a pint/beverage of your choice in Barry's beforehand? 8ish?

penciling has been duly updated.

I'll be there.

Are we still going to the flicks this evening? I'm actually not going to call off for once, despite the horrendous inconvenience. :)

Well I have to go back to town later on anyway so the inconvenience is lessened....

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

i want a life.......... waaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I'm scumming bandwidth off Douglas Village S/C in the car park now, hope ye're on the way. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Enjoy yourselves guys.

Come up with some beer ideas too ;)

for future reference, blitzkrieger is NEVER ALLOWED TO PICK THE FILM AGAIN, it was dire.

beer between xmas and the new year, that lil gap there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'm not surprised although I had hoped it would be good. Really loved the games but suppose nothing could live up to them. Still going to go see it though :o

It's worth seeing just to pitch it on a "worst movies ever made" list. Seriously, "Revenge of the Killer Tomatoes" was art compared to this.

I think I got more out of it having played the games. It was a bad movie but I'm still glad I saw it - I enjoyed it regardless. I now know what to do when people are annoying me.....

I don't know about you two but I had a great time driving home. As soon as I sat into the car, some guy walking across the car park looked at me with a look of such absolute pity. To be honest, I returned it as soon as I saw what he was driving. He wasn't just driving a Golf - the dreariest car this side of a Nissan Sunny - he was driving a tarted up Golf. At any Volkswagen dealer you have to through a flurry of psychometric tests to make sure you have absolutely no personality before allowing you into the actual showroom. They actually remove your brain before allowing you buy a Golf. And this doofus had gone to the trouble of tarting his up - badly! You may not be able to polish a turd but there's whole industries kept afloat by people trying.

Once I got out of the car park, the looks of pity continued, but the sad part was that even though I only had the power of a cocker spaniel under my right foot, I got held up by so many people. Thank god I got my own car back today....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I don't know about you two but I had a great time driving home. As soon as I sat into the car, some guy walking across the car park looked at me with a look of such absolute pity. To be honest, I returned it as soon as I saw what he was driving. He wasn't just driving a Golf - the dreariest car this side of a Nissan Sunny - he was driving a tarted up Golf. At any Volkswagen dealer you have to through a flurry of psychometric tests to make sure you have absolutely no personality before allowing you into the actual showroom. They actually remove your brain before allowing you buy a Golf. And this doofus had gone to the trouble of tarting his up - badly! You may not be able to polish a turd but there's whole industries kept afloat by people trying.

Once I got out of the car park, the looks of pity continued, but the sad part was that even though I only had the power of a cocker spaniel under my right foot, I got held up by so many people. Thank god I got my own car back today....
    What were you driving?

A dinky, basically. If you look underneath it says "Corgi".

I like MK1 Golfs, and some MK2s. Everything after that does nothing for me. I hate the current Golf.

Illkillya wrote: »
    What were you driving?

I'm worried that if I tell you, you'll kill me....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I sense Frank Miller's influence... Whores! Whores, everywhere! :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement