Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile broadband working without sim card inserted???

Options
  • 26-11-2007 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Was just fooling around with my 3 data modem to see if it would work with a card from another network and when i had it all put back together i noticed i was connected to the internet even though my sim card was on the table beside it.

when i set it up for the first time i used the windows connection wizard to create a new connection and this is what i use to dial rather than the 3 software which tell's me to insert my sim when i try and use that now,

Could it be that it is their software that check's for the presence/absence of a sim card and not the network itself? or would anyone have any other explanation's for why this is possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Witch craft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

hmmmmmmm.........interesting!!?!!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

That's all very, very interesting. Unfortunately 3 have their cronies assigned to watching this very forum, so I guess if people are thinking of downloading 30 GBs they can forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

jayteecork wrote: »
    That's all very, very interesting. Unfortunately 3 have their cronies assigned to watching this very forum, so I guess if people are thinking of downloading 30 GBs they can forget it.

What i meant to say was:D...

Well I've been on the net with it most the evening now and it's not complaining about the draft that's getting in the back door. ;);)

I'll know more tomorrow when the usage meter updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Is it possible to download 30Gb on Three? I think it would blow their entire system up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Was just fooling around with my 3 data modem to see if it would work with a card from another network and when i had it all put back together i noticed i was connected to the internet even though my sim card was on the table beside it.

when i set it up for the first time i used the windows connection wizard to create a new connection and this is what i use to dial rather than the 3 software which tell's me to insert my sim when i try and use that now,

Could it be that it is their software that check's for the presence/absence of a sim card and not the network itself? or would anyone have any other explanation's for why this is possible?

You must be connected by wifi....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

culabula wrote: »
    You must be connected by wifi....

Exactly. Only explanation really.
    Is it possible to download 30Gb on Three? I think it would blow their entire system up!

Screw the system. The damage to your bank account would be horrendous.

Advertisement