Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Warning Buzzer for lights not working - Any ideas

Options
  • 26-11-2007 4:48pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I noticed last night that the a little warning buzzer/alarm for the lights that
    sounds when you get out of the car without turning the lights off is not working
    anymore..

Its a 2001 Audi A6 by the way.

Anyone any ideas? :confused:

Tox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AFAIK, the contact switch is located in the door lock. It is probably faulty - common enough on VW Group cars.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ahh ok, any idea if its an expensive job to get it replaced???

I've only got the car a few months and want to get these things sorted as they
    happen rather than leaven em build up.

Tox

If it is the contact switch, you will need a new door lock. I'd imagine the job could run to €200/€300.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Feck!!! :(

It's an outside chance - but it's not impossible that the buzzer itself is faulty - I've seen this only once before (on a Polo). Anyone with the correct diagnosis equipment can preform a Final Control Diagnosis on the instrument cluster. This test will sound the buzzer (as well as testing the dials and other instrument cluster functions).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Feck!!! :(

It may be the buzzer, as crosstown says. I've seen this before on a late model VW van.
    Oops.. apologies Beruthiel.
    Didnt read the latest rules. :)

I think you've apologised enough by now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Its the light switch itself,pretty in expensive to buy esp on the bay.pretty common flaw on Vag cars

Advertisement