Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

QUIET RIOT Singer Dead At 52

• 26-11-2007 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali has confirmed the passing of the group's singer, Kevin DuBrow, at the age of 52. In an e-mail to Spain's The Metal Circus, which had requested a comment from Banali on the rumors of DuBrow's death, the drummer wrote, "I can't even find words to say. Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend Kevin DuBrow." UPDATE: The same statement can now be found on Frankie Banali's official web site.

Michael Politz of The Vegas Eye reported earlier today that DuBrow was found dead in his Las Vegas home on Sunday, November 25. According to Politz, DubRow — whom Politz calls "one of my closest friends" — recently celebrated his 52nd birthday in New Orleans "where he ate great food and even caught THE CULT at The House of Blues."

Although the band has yet to issue an official statement on the matter, bassist Kelly Garni, who was one of the founding members of QUIET RIOT, has posted the following message on the Randy Rhoads (late QUIET RIOT/OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist) web site RandyRhoads.tk:

"I ask this to all of you not only for myself but for other friends and family. I ask that no one here offer any speculation or opinions, theories or other things that could be construed as negative or, and I'm sorry for this, even sympathetic, right at this immediate time. I am already within hours of this having to deal with untrue rumors and speculation and that only adds fuel to that. There is a tendency for the subject of Kevin to incite flames on every board and now is not the time for that. I will explain to everyone here the facts and the truth in the next 24 to 48 hours as I realize this will effect us all. So please, until then, be patient. All details and other pertinate info will be passed on to you here when it becomes available to me. Thank you."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

****!!!
    waaaaaaaaaay to many of the 80s bands are dying too young, ****ing randy rhoads, robbin crosby, randy castillo, :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Must have been his poor Metal Health. (*groan*, had to be said though!)

Tis a shame, he was a great vocalist with a very distinctive voice. Bang Your Head in Metal Heaven, dude, you deserve it! R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Great showman, will be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Sad news. Quiet Riot were good and his interviews for Metal Sludge were most amusing. R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

This is literally astonishing, may he find some peace with Randy Rhodes and may they enjoy a song together, he truly was a fine showman. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

hate to ask this but this is the band that randy was in before he was with ozzy right? i must go check out some of there stuff if this is the case, any recomendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Patricide wrote: »
    hate to ask this but this is the band that randy was in before he was with ozzy right? i must go check out some of there stuff if this is the case, any recomendations?

yes it is/was
    come on feel the noiize, cover of slade...immense!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

o i know come on feel the noise, cool song.

Advertisement