Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DFA Records Night with...

• 26-11-2007 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Forum-Header_1-2.jpg

DFA records is on something of a resurgence at the moment, not that it ever really took a
    dip but recent releases from Holy Ghost, Still Going, Shocking Pinks, Bo'Tox and the
    new release 'Chasm' by Sh*t Robot have re-asserted the brilliance of James Murphy's label.

Marcus Lambkin aka Sh*t Robot moved to New York in back in 92' and started DJing in
    various bars around the East Village. This eventually led to a residency at the legendary
    Save The Robot night. Marcus then formed Plant records with Dominique Keegan (The Glass),
    running Plant Saturdays at Centro-Fly and nights at the sadly missed Plant bar (A victim of
    then mayor Giuliani's strict dance licensing laws) It was at Plant that Marcus teamed up
    with LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy and became part of the DFA's artist roster.

1_61_giuliani_rudolph.jpg
    'no dancin paddys'

This night is to support his latest release Chasm which is another slowly building polished
    slice of hypnotic disco, which is sure to make an impact alongside tracks like Triumph,
    Wrong Galaxy and of his classic mix of Dondolo's Dragon.

Part two of the line-up is The Juan Maclean, Juan started out as guitarist and synth player
    with obscure, gonzo--punk band Six Finger Satellite who provided rigidly mechanised disco
    beats and oddly sumptuous synth melodies work in New York in the early 90s. Juan left the
    band and after a series of lows and a battle with heroin addiction left New York, he was then
    hassled by Six Finger Satellite’s former live soundma to start making music again, the
    enginear in question was James Murphy.

The resulting work Less Than Human refines what that tentative first effort only hinted at.
    It’s a precision-tuned rekindling of Maclean’s love affair with everything from Kraftwerk
    to Derrick May, Funkadelic to Giorgio Moroder & Lipps Inc, DAF to Talking Heads and
    Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

Maclean declares that working without Murphy and Goldsworthy (DFA) was never an option.

'Even now, if I weren’t going to work with James and Tim, I just wouldn’t be doing this
    at all. The thing that James does is something that he and I had been formulating for
    years and years, when I was in Six Finger Satellite – his recording techniques, his
    approach, the determination that he was going to put out the best thing he could
    possibly put out, or else it just wasn’t going to be put out"

As well as their obvious production talents, these DJs really know their music & also
    know how make a party, expect a mix from disco to acid house and techno from
    artists like Kevin Saunderson, Holy Ghosts, D.A.F, Trevor Lovelys, Wighnomy
    Brothers, Mike Monday, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, LFO, Model 500, Bocca Juniors,
    My My, Shut Up And Dance, Sunshower, Diskokaine
    and many more.

Support comes from the Shock DJs,

www.dfarecords.com | www.pod.ie

For more info & ticket comps join our mailing list by clicking right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3E696qN-c

Shock Christmas Party with The Black Ghosts + more TBA
    Crawdaddy/Lobby Bar. December 21st 9pm

CS286657-01A-TN.jpg
    **** Robot - Chasm
    Click here to listen

CS236048-01A-TN.jpg
    **** Robot - Wrong Galaxy
    Click here to listen

CS253469-01A-TN.jpg
    Kaos - Panopeeps (**** Robot Mix)
    Click here to listen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Shock Info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Shock Info

The Juan Maclean on Beats In Space:

http://www.beatsinspace.net/audio/2007/may1/bis050107part1.mp3
    http://www.beatsinspace.net/audio/2007/may1/bis050107part2.mp3

1. LCD Soundsystem - Freak Out/Starry Eyes - DFA
    2. Mudd & Pollard - Villa Stavros - Claremont
    3. Lindstrom & Christabelle - Music In My Mind (Harvey Remix) - Feedelity
    4. Discotheque - disco Special - Environ
    5. Roxy Music - The Main Thing (Rub N Tug Remix) - Virgin
    6. Barfly - 2 Copies - Rong
    7. 40 Thieves - Point To The Joint - Smash Hit Music
    8. Reverso 68 - Especial - Eskimo
    9. Casco - Cyberbetic Love 2006 (Dexter Remix) - Radius
    10. J.T.C. - Take 'Em Off - Creme
    11. The Acid OG's - The Freak Inside - Chicago Housing Commission
    12. MD III - Face The Nation - Clone
    13. Booka Shade - In White Rooms - Get Physical
    14. - - Spectral
    15. Black Devil Disco Club - The Devil In Us - Lo
    16. Jupiter Black - We Like Moroder - Clone
    Part 2
    16. Jupiter Black - We Like Moroder - Clone
    17. Hot Chip - No Fit State (Audion Remix) - DFA
    18. - - Gomma
    19. Kano - I'm Ready - Emergency
    20. Marianne Faithfull - Broken English - Island
    21. Fabrizio Mammarella - Allunaggio - Bear Funk Gold
    22. Alexander Robotnick - Problemes D'Amour - Clone
    23. Alexander Robotnick - The Dark Side Of The Spoon (Lindstrom & Prins Thomas Remix) - Creme
    24. Danny Armstrong - Kill The Machines - vs Sign Language (Shiloh Remix) - Rococo
    25. Putsch 79 - Doin It - Clone
    26. Amplified Orchestra - Electricity - Amplified
    27. Cut Copy - Hearts On Fire (Joakim Remix) - Modular

Advertisement