Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***texting Australian Mobile Phones***

• 26-11-2007 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

can anyone please help me,
    my friend who is in australia recently bought an aus mobile phone,
    now she called me off that number no problem and she can text me no problem , the number that came up i can call her on that no problem
    but when i text her they seem to send from my phone, and i get charged for the send but she is not recieveing my texts at all
    the number prefix im sending to is +6145011.....(and then the rest of the number)
    i can call this number fine, i recieve calls and texts fine but when i text the number she doesnt recieve them
    can anyone help me out here!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kirving

Would putting 006145... instead of +6145... solve the problem? I remember having problems with texts before on holidays. I think it was something simple that was causing the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

what network are you on? Call your customer care and make sure there's an text interconnect agreement with the network your friend's on

unless you're on 3, in which case don't bother calling because they'll tell you to turn your phone off and on to fix the problem. I believe they don't have agreements in australia with any network except 3 australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭ali.g

commander vimes thanks a million
    called the cc team and they asked what network was my friend on and explained i need to get the name of the network my friend is on,
    once i do that im to call them back so they can arrange for me to be able to text to that network.
    seems to be solution as you mentioned commander vimes so thanks again

ok been onto meteor now and the girl hadn a clue what i was on about.
    she kept saying optus was the network in australia that they can text to and my friends network in australia is vodafone......are they able to configure the service so that i can text this person or should i get my friend to change their network in australia to optus. surely this shouldn have to be done....i cant see how i can recieve texts/calls from her.....i can call her but cannot text or she does not recieve them anyways as i do get charged for sending them????? i called up meteor a couple of times about this an one really knows what their on about!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Im the same as well with meteor and texting 2 of my euro friends in finland and czech. They are both on networks without an agreement with metoer so they dont recieve my texts even though i get charged for them. They can text me with no problems.

• Advertisement

i went into a phone shop and the girl there said that vodafone australia is relatively new network over there and none of the networks in ireland have setup agreements with them yet for texting not even IRL vodafone which is ****e really but think well just have to wait ...otherwise get your friends to change to optus network in australia seems to be the most commonly used network for texting to from ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ivoryhunter

ali.g wrote: »
    i went into a phone shop and the girl there said that vodafone australia is relatively new network over there and none of the networks in ireland have setup agreements with them yet for texting not even IRL vodafone which is ****e really but think well just have to wait ...otherwise get your friends to change to optus network in australia seems to be the most commonly used network for texting to from ireland

Vodafone Australia has been around since at least the mid 90's. It would be just as popular network as Optus, Telstra and 3. It's unbelievable that they don't have an agreement?

3.1 million people using vodafone in Australia in June 2006, source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_operators_of_the_Asia_Pacific_region#Australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PRND

Your best bet, if possible, is to put AFT on your phone and then register with voipbuster. It is what I use for all non Irish texts.

What would usually cost me 25c only costs 2c through AFT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 smithdogg AU

mate what is AFT??

and yeah thats crazy talk up there.. i am on vodafone and my family at home is on vodafone AU and there is no problems texting.... except the 25c price!!

i am guessing meteor is just dodgy..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

AFT - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054984709

send texts over data connection, works out cheaper. register with voipbuster to get cheap international texts. using it to text 2 friends in oz as well for the past few weeks, worls a treat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement