Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDC World Champs - Draw, Results and Discussion

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

A deserved win by John Part 7-2 over Kirk Shepherd. Part started the better of the two with Shepherd obviously being nervous. Once Part got in front he was never going to let go of the lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Not the best of matches in all honesty, that said fair play to Part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Well done Part.
    I have to say some of Shepperd's comebacks were fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 DublinDutch

GG Sir!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well done to John Part, for me he was the best player throughout the week and deserved the title. He won me a few quid as well :)

Quality Wise it wasnt the greatest World Championships but it did have some good matches.

Part will surely get the final place in the Premier League now, they couldnt have it without the World Champion in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Well done to John Part. Deserved. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Part will surely get the final place in the Premier League now, they couldnt have it without the World Champion in it.

Well he should get it anyway. Thought there were two places available though. Gary Anderson anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Bad final. Shepherd one of the poorest players to reach a final imo. Part didn't even have to be at his best for a comfortable 7-2 win (as I predicted ;) )

Has a very awkward throw for a pro player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,148 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

saw this in several reports on the final:

"The 41-year-old lifted his third title to become a member of an elite group who have won either version of the world championship more than twice.

With previous victories in 1994 (the BDO crown) and 2003 he joined 13-time champion Phil Taylor, Eric Bristow (five titles) and John Lowe (three) as the only other player to have completed the feat."

eh - Barney anyone? He was champion as recently as last year and he's won both versions a total of 5 times dammit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Watched this at home with the surround sound and thought the crowd were a disgrace lots of booing when Part was throwing for Doubles for sets and the score would have been 7-0 if it wasn't for the thugs, the Ally Pally seemed to lack the intimacy of more recent venues with a lot of office parties etc on in the earlier rounds, players didn't seem to get the respect and order they deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Or when they booed him when he was trying to give the interview after the match.

ENGERLAND ENGERLAND ENGERLAND :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Company Sgt

well done to part worthy champion but i thought shepards 160 outshot was brilliant a player for the future

Advertisement