Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Storing cloths in those vaccum sealed bags

• 26-11-2007 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    A two part question.
    I have a lot of old stuff that needs to go into storage, and I'm thinking of using those vacuum seal plastic bags that you suck the air out with a hoover. Do they actually work?

Secondly, most of the ones I've seen (in Argos and the likes) are quite small, and I am looking for really big ones for storing long clothes that I dont want to bend or crease. (they arent mine so I'll not risk being murdered for leaving big creases in them). I suppose ideally I'd be looking for vacuum bags maybe 5 or 6 feet long and as wide as possible to fit more in. Anyone know if such a thing exists and where to buy them?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

They were in Dunnes around a year or two ago, don't know if they're still available. I think they could have been distributed by JML so you might get them in places like Heatons too. From what I heard they're not actually that good, but I haven't used them myself so I can't honestly say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

AFAIK the main advantage to using them to compress stuff for storage is to use them for very bulky things like duvets as they are bulky and impossible to fold and pack tightly, unless you do the vacuum bag thing. I can't see how they would be good for compressing "normal" clothes (unless they're chunky knitwear etc), you might be better off going for a suitbag to store the items you want to store uncreased, to protect the clothes and make sure they don't wrinkle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭lucyburn

They were in Dunnes around a year or two ago, don't know if they're still available. I think they could have been distributed by JML so you might get them in places like Heatons too. From what I heard they're not actually that good, but I haven't used them myself so I can't honestly say.

Yes Dunnes stores had them last year,my mother bought some and they are great.

I have 2 that I got in Argos a few years ago. BIG ones and they do work. I store out of season clothes in them, and even after being compressed for a few months they do not come out creased.

Advertisement