Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New building opp tesco

Options
  • 26-11-2007 5:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25

Anyone know what the new building opposite tesco Greystones is going to be used for??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

Yes. 2 Apartments and a Donnybrook Fair Deli.

Its taken ages for them to finish this. My folks live near by and they rue the day Pat Flynn sold up.

There is also a rumour that Pat Flynn may or has bought a share in the building.

For anyone who knows and knew Pat's, it was an aladdin's cave of cheap food competing very well against Tesco.

Tesco are building a petrol station on the main road as well, although they couldnt buy the 2 houses they wanted, as one of them didnt have any deeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved to the Greystones forum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭SteM

SlinkyToo wrote: »
    For anyone who knows and knew Pat's, it was an aladdin's cave of cheap food competing very well against Tesco.

Remember it before Tescos? High prices galore as he had Kindlestown, Grattan and Kenmare pretty much to himself.

He was cheaper than Quinnsworth on most things, before it became Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

• Advertisement

This is going to be interesting to watch. Grattan Park and Kindlestown have always been enclaves surrounded by more affluent estates. With the opening of Donnybrook Fair I wonder if it is enough to make Grattan Park move up a class.

It may just be a bridge too far for them. Personally a chipshop would have made more sense and given who the owners of the building are, another Rose and Fred's may not be too far outside the realms.

Only time will tell if the shop becomes rammed with people or rammed with bricks and cars.

Having grown up in Grattan Park I know the issues this building has caused.

The removal of the phonebox, the breaking of the pedestrian lights, the removal of the postbox, not to mention the complete lack of visibility pulling out on the 30mph (ahem!) Main Road.

As for the people renting the apartments, they can look forward to all of the the houses who can see right into them, the drunken shouting at 2am and the constant speed race down the Main Road.

Still these are the things that made Grattan Park such a great place, so I am sure the new tenants will come to cherish them too.

I am in particular looking forward to the situation of people trying to turn right into Grattan Park while in front they will have people trying to turn right into the Deli, with the crossing in the middle of them.

Still you can't halt progress and I know the majority of people in Grattan Park will be very happy they will soon be able to have their daily dose of ciabatta and sun dried tomatoes on their doorstep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement