Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fail get away with it again...

Options
  • 26-11-2007 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Shannon is all forgot about again...
    Once again willie and the boys have delivered for limerick... My ass...
    People should stop and tell willie what they think of him when he is marching around limerick with his smug smile...
    This cannot be forgotten...
    Man of the people my ass...
    Man with a state car and nice little wage to mind more like...

Am i the only one thinking like this...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well I am a little annoyed how this has been forgotten about but there is little anyone can do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

smokinp wrote: »
    Shannon is all forgot about again...
    Once again willie and the boys have delivered for limerick... My ass...
    People should stop and tell willie what they think of him when he is marching around limerick with his smug smile...
    This cannot be forgotten...
    Man of the people my ass...
    Man with a state car and nice little wage to mind more like...

Am i the only one thinking like this...

What are you referring to? What has happened now?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think he is saying that nothing is happening. The whole issue has dropped completely off the radar....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Indeed I was going to post about this....

Willie promised "a replacment airline would be in place by January 31st"

That aint gonna be happening now....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah it's old news and even while it was still "news" i felt it was just repeating itself over and over again.
    The only thing Willie O'Dea (and every other politician) cares about is his bank account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Yeah it's old news and even while it was still "news" i felt it was just repeating itself over and over again.
    The only thing Willie O'Dea (and every other politician) cares about is his bank account.

I'm leaving myself open to attak on all sides here...but do you people honestly think that if it isn't in the news it means nothing is happening.

a) politicians don't get into politics for the pay...that's ridiculous. All 5 (or at least 3) of the Limerick East crew would be much better off in the private sector .
    b)Just because YOU haven't heard it in the news doesn't mean it isn't causing consternation in the FG parliamentary party meeting, the LAB pp meeting or the FF pp meeting every week. To think like that is just plain naive!

Not that I'm any more clued in on the progress than any of you...but I don't think any TD in the region has forgotten about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just remember it on election day when we can make a difference. Hit them where it hurts them the most, votes!

Also let them know this everytime they come knocking at your door looking for your support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 smokinp

i agree not all of our TD's got into politics for "the money".
    there are some who are genuine but i believe that the vast majority are in it for the wrong reasons.
    the likes of willie o dea are puppets for the goverment who would not dare go against the party line..
    willie has shown his true colours over shannon... YELLOW...

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

bazz26 wrote: »
    Just remember it on election day when we can make a difference. Hit them where it hurts them the most, votes!

Also let them know this everytime they come knocking at your door looking for your support.

you said it brudder!
    As pointed out here before Fianna Fail will hopefully get feck all votes from Limerick East next time round ........ so no surprise then that Limerick East (Limerick City) is to lose a seat in next election, of course this is under the recommendations of the independant Constituency Commission.

rok wrote: »
    of course this is under the recommendations of the independant Constituency Commission.

Oh come off it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

You had your chance in May and Fianna Fail were voted back in.

To be honest who ever voted for this shower were conned and well you deserve the Govt you vote for.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

angeleyes wrote: »

To be honest who ever voted for this shower were conned and well you deserve the Govt you vote for.

They didn't get my vote. ;)

They didn't get my vote.

Nor mine bazz

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

I'm sick of hearing this crap.... I voted against a Fianna Fail Government last time as did all of my family
    would the results of Fianna Fáil and the PDs losing 10 seats and Fine Gael gaining 20 not reflect that a lot of people voted for change ? so I dont buy this sentiment "well you voted them back in so you deserve em"
    Must get one of those car stickers I've seen around - "Don't Blame me, I didn't vote FF !"

If you get a bumper sticker then I will buy one off you.

But even though "we" didn't vote for FF and PD's but plenty others did. They listened to FF when it came to the economy and conveniently forgot about the health service etc.

So for those who did vote FF - well now you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If you get a bumper sticker then I will buy one off you.

I want one too! Maybe we could get photos relating to all their cock-ups and print them on it ?

Oh, hang on, I don't wear XXXXXXXXXXXL so maybe there isn't enough room.....

But anyone who's complaining about O'Dea & Co doing nothing "since" has been simple naieve.......they didn't vote against the cock-up or back the proposals to reverse the decision (as the Govt could & should have done as shareholders) so what were the realistic chances of them doing anything that involved more work than simply saying "I don't agree" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Indeed I was going to post about this....

Willie promised "a replacment airline would be in place by January 31st"

That aint gonna be happening now....

Silly, that's the 31st of January AFTER the next General Election.:rolleyes:

galwayrush wrote: »
    Silly, that's the 31st of January AFTER the next General Election.:rolleyes:

Don't think so.....it'll be the 31st of January immediately BEFORE the next General Election so that we can listen to FF clap themselves on the back and declare how wonderful they are :rolleyes:

AFTER an election once they're in their cosy overpaid jobs* they just sit back and let **** happen.

*And please, posters, don't do a Bertie and claim that they're underpaid in comparison to industry.....in industry if you cock up you get fired and you don't get a pension after a few years.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

ninty9er wrote: »
    I'm leaving myself open to attak on all sides here...but do you people honestly think that if it isn't in the news it means nothing is happening.

I really doubt much is happening anyway. Call me pessimistic but with the whole Breast Cancer fiasco going on at the moment The Dail seems all over the place tbh.

Things probably are happening behind the scenes but at the end of the day...nothing will happen...it's just been too long now and no good has come yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

I didn't vote in the last election, simply because there was no-one I felt comfortable with. As far as I'm concerned, it was one goon vs another. I want to see ballot papers with a 'none of the above' option, if this option becomes a majority vote then the parties have to go get some other people to put forward.

Politics in Ireland has a history of corruption and underhandedness, Hence, anyone with integrity is slow to get involved, leaving only the bottom of the barrel for our selection.

Ive had too many experiences of this so called Celtic Tiger to feel comfortable in the future of this country and those who put forward to tun it. We are supposed to be one of the wealthiest countries in Europe, yet we are closing hospitals.

As soon as I can, I'm outta here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The blame over these crises lays firmly with every single moron who voted this useless shower of bastards back in. For years and years, their failure to run this country to an efficient standard has been blindingly obvious, but still, people actually went out on polling day and put them back into government. Shame on every single one of you for signing us up for another 5 years of this idiocy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

The arrogance of these w****ers!
    They ordered all party members how to vote on the no confidence motion in Mary Harney. ORDERED HOW TO VOTE! on an issue that will directly effect every person in Ireland (OUR HEALTH SYSTEM).

No FF member was allowed to think for themselves. God, why do we put up with them!

This "Ordering on how to vote" is Dictatorship in full flow. We are now a dictatorship.

FF obviously believe they are no longer answerable to the people on any issue. No matter how badly they do their job or how badly they represent their constituents, they are never to blame for anything.

And no FF member is better at supporting the dictator than Willie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

There are several things wrong with some of the comments in this thread:
    1. If you didn't vote or voted for FF you have only yourself to blame.
    2. Do people still believe that the government have ANY influence over who does or doesn't fly in or out of shannon? no they don't.
    3. Why do people want to get rid of Mary Harney? Who are you going to get instead? At least she has had some positive effect, unlike her predecessors. She can hardly be blamed for an incompetent radiologist in Portlaoise. Why is Bertie not held responsible ????? Or Micheal Martin and Brian Cowen as previous health ministers? Or more to the point heads should roll in Portlaoise - and also lose their pensions, and go to jail for criminal negligence. That would happen in the private sector.

The problem is THERE IS NO ACCOUNTABILITY IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

Willie O;Dea for taoiseach :)

Willie O;Dea for taoiseach

who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

professore wrote: »
    2. Do people still believe that the government have ANY influence over who does or doesn't fly in or out of shannon? no they don't.

The problem is THERE IS NO ACCOUNTABILITY IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR.

So why bother holding on to 25% of the shares, or incidentally, give American troops permission to land there?

I'm sure both of those things could be influenced by the Government, useless shower of bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

...or incidentally, give American troops permission to land there?

I'm sure both of those things could be influenced by the Government, useless shower of bastards.

Because you can be sure that if the gov decided to stop the troop planes landing in Shannon, the US would take a totally different view of Ireland. You've got to remember that even though we're not officially allied with the US, we're heavily dependent on them - Microsoft, Dell, etc. How many of them would re-consider their position here if we stopped troop planes landing. Whatever about the morality of letting them land here, lets not kid ourselves, we have very little choice.

Delphi91 wrote: »
    Because you can be sure that if the gov decided to stop the troop planes landing in Shannon, the US would take a totally different view of Ireland.

Who says ? I mean who says that Michael Dell, etc, are supporters of an ill-conceived and unjust war ?

Has anyone asked them ?

And as for the greater American public, at least 49% of them would agree with us.

Plus, on a deeper level, you've implied that profit and economic considerations should come before truth, honesty, integrity, ethics and human life.....probably the same thinking that has drug dealers worldwide justifying their actions.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Plus, on a deeper level, you've implied that profit and economic considerations should come before truth, honesty, integrity, ethics and human life.....probably the same thinking that has drug dealers worldwide justifying their actions.

Not really, I'm sure you couldn't give a sh1t about US troops in Shannon if it meant the difference between your kids eating or not due to economic implications, whereas I'm sure you wouldn't go out selling coke or heroin to ensure they eat!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Who says ? I mean who says that Michael Dell, etc, are supporters of an ill-conceived and unjust war ?

Has anyone asked them ?

And as for the greater American public, at least 49% of them would agree with us.

All the US Goverment has to do is apply some excessive tax on goods manufactured here, Michael Dell can't do much about that.
    As for Truth, Honesty. etc, a " moral victory" won't count for much if all US companies pull out of here with the economic chaos that would follow.

Advertisement