Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone upgrade

• 26-11-2007 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭

If you get a phone upgrade, when you register the new phone with your sim card for the free credit, can you put the sim card back in your old phone and the credit will get sent to that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kleefarr wrote: »
    If you get a phone upgrade, when you register the new phone with your sim card for the free credit, can you put the sim card back in your old phone and the credit will get sent to that?

yes. the credit is put on the number, not the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Thanks CV. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Depends. Meteor require that you make some chargable calls from the handset before the credit is applied. 5 calls is what CC normally say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

chrislad wrote: »
    Depends. Meteor require that you make some chargable calls from the handset before the credit is applied. 5 calls is what CC normally say.

ah yes forgot about that. OP, make some calls from the phone first :D

ah yes forgot about that. OP, make some calls from the phone first :D

The old phone or the new one? Provider is O2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

O2 just require that you top up x amount every month to keep getting your credit. You can give the phone to your granny for all they care!

Ah ok.

Any idea what X = ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

kleefarr wrote: »
    Ah ok.

Any idea what X = ?
    €20 per month.

+ edit

Actually, looking at the O2 website maybe the €20 doesn't apply to upgrade packs? I can only see mention of the required monthly topups for new connections.

Can anyone confirm? Am I just blind and not seeing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

i think it does apply to upgrade packs as well...
    If getting up to €100 Bonus Credit with your phone, this is the breakdown of the credit:
    As an existing customer you will receive €10 per month for the next nine months subject to minimum top up of €20 for the previous 30 day period. The first €10 will be applied within 72 hours of your registration. If you register your details with us online you will also receive an additional €10. This will be applied in month 10 and is also subject to minimum top up of €20 for the previous 30 day period.

here is the link http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/More%20info/Speak%20Easy%20-%20Existing%20Customer%20-%20Free%20Call%20Credit?pagedesign=O2_PRES_PersonalGeneral

more details explanation here http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Find+out+more/Help/#FAQ8

also take note of this:
    Please note that if you are still receiving credit from another O2 Speakeasy phone, the credit for the upgrade phone will not be applied until all credit from the first pack has been applied to your account.

Cheers
    Marty

Well sim is in old phone and today I got a €10 credit on said phone. Also said thank you for registering your phone. :)

Thought first credit was supposed to be €20?

Edit:

Checked credit status...

O2credit.jpg?t=1196193685

Does the *subject to top up off €20 for previous 30 day period ...
    mean you have to buy €20 top up each month? Total top up €120 with free credit???

• Advertisement

Send an email to O2...

"Regarding my free credit for the phone I purchased. Am I required to top up with €20 each month in order to receive the €10 monthly credits? Kind regards"

Got a reply...

"Thank you for your mail
    In order to receive your free credit every month you will have to top up by €20.00 that month. If you fail to top up that month you will forfeit any credit that is due that month. You do not have to top up by the €20.00 at once, this can be done in any increment i.e. 4 x €5.00 top ups or 2 x €10.00
    Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us."

Sent another email...

"Thanks for the reply.
    When you say "by €20 that month" Which month do you mean. Every month?"

Am I being a bit thick? :confused:

Finally got a reply which answers my question....

"Thank you for contacting 02 customer care by email & we apologise for the delay with getting back to you.

Yes it is every month.

I hope that this helps"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Theyre making it harder to get the free credit at the end of the day!:(

mumof2 wrote: »
    Theyre making it harder to get the free credit at the end of the day!:(

Agreed, I don't remember having to do this when I upgraded my phone a while ago, but then again, there's not much that you can get for free these days.
    Still, worth doing as you will be spending the money anyway. Although I don't use my mobile that much so I'll end up with about 150 Euros credit at the end of the free credit period. It'll take me over a year to use that at my normal rate. :D

Advertisement