Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance

Options
  • 26-11-2007 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Does anybody know who would be the best to contact about insuring a vehicle with a 3.2 litre engine for a 26yr old? The best price I have gotten so far is €2837 from bestquote.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,496 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I would thnk you'd have to contact a few yourself as i find the cheapest for one person could be dearest for me and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

Dunno its a pretty big car so insurance is going to be high i reckon. Dont FBD or whatever the farmers insurance co is offer decent rates to people who own or live on a farm i think esp for the larger cars. Might be worth checking out if you do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

To state the obvious shop around. For the sake of a few phone calls there are large savings to be made. Ring all the major companies and obtain quotes. I think just about every company has a free phone number or an online facility for quoting customers However a car like that isn't gonna be cheap to insure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ecooney

The problem is that I have shopped around and this is the best quote I could get. I really just wanted to know if anybody knew of a company specializing in performance vehicles.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

There's a company that do a € 1000 policy with a huge excess, can't remember what it was so little help bar get out the golden pages and check all their websites.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

MarkR wrote: »
    There's a company that do a € 1000 policy with a huge excess, can't remember what it was so little help bar get out the golden pages and check all their websites.

Think it is britton insurance, based in donegal. They have a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ecooney

I have tried them and got a quote of €1100 with an excess of €4000. Not really what I want. I have however secured a quote with First Ireland for €1089 with an excess of €200 so I think I will be going with that one. Very cheap.

Advertisement