Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dennou Coil

Options
  • 26-11-2007 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

(電脳コイル, Dennō Koiru?, lit. Computer Coil or Electric Brain Coil), Coil — A Circle of Children, is a Japanese animation science fiction series depicting a near future where augmented reality (AR) technology has just begun to enter the mainstream. The series takes place in the fictional city of Daikoku, a hotbed of AR development with an emerging city-wide virtual infrastructure. It follows a group of children as they use AR visors to unravel the mysteries of the half real, half Internet city, using a variety of illegal software tools, techniques, and virtual pets to manipulate the digital landscape.

Dennō Coil, in development for over a decade, is the series director debut of Japanese animator Mitsuo Iso. It premiered on NHK Educational on May 12, 2007. Due to the animators involved in its production and its unusually high-profile television broadcast time slot, Dennō Coil was highly anticipated by fans of animation production quality.[1]

It's very good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Yeah caught this at EirtaKon and am addicted to it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

have there been many episodes to date as i caught a glimpse of one and looked amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

21 so far iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

Absolutely love it, does anyone know how many episodes they plan on creating? I'm watching episode 21 and I almost wish it could go on forever :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

thanks to the OP i've gotten into this show. Have to say I love it so far. It's like they sat down and said "hmm, all the things kids do on PC's is pretty interesting, but we can't just show kids sitting in front of PC's? How can we visualize it?"

and the results are excellent, although my only gripe is that i think i'm losing loads in the translation, they are kind enough to give a brief description of what a phrase means the first time its used, but 4 or 5 episodes later i've forgotten it.

Its rare a show can make me laugh as much as it can make me enjoy the action scenes, especially when the show is subtitled, definitely one not to miss

• Advertisement
Advertisement