Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using the full keyboard ?

Options
  • 26-11-2007 6:43pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

In "The Charter" it informs us that TextSpeak is not allowed (praise be) and suggests that the full keyboard be used when posting.

What happens if the post in question cannot use the full keyboard ? I can't really find a way to introduce Z+*&^%$£@! or indeed ~ into this post in a meaningful fashion....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Every post should consist of the pangram:

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

Other characters are exempt, because, well, that would be a silly rule.

Hope this clears things up...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

parsi wrote: »
    What happens if the post in question cannot use the full keyboard ? I can't really find a way to introduce Z+*&^%$£@! or indeed ~ into this post in a meaningful fashion....
    Simple: I use Z+*&^%$£@! in every post, but to use the full keyboard I have to hit Delete to get rid of them.

Totally unnecessary to delete them all.

You only need to hit delete once.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Thanks for the clarification. That's a load off my mind.

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

I feel that maybe I need to relax the rule a bit, so the following is also acceptable:

Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs.

Please note, I am not soliciting bribes.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

This is a fine example of Boards moderating at its best. Clarifications issued and re-issued without having to resort to feedback and cat pics.

RoundyMooney for CMOD !

Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs - and you can whistle for bribes...

Screw that, I'm aiming to buy my way into adminship within the year.

A quick movement of the enemy will jeopardize six gunboats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Totally unnecessary to delete them all.

You only need to hit delete once.
    Ah, but therein lies the genius of my system: I only hit delete once to get rid of +*&^%$£@!~ but I highlight them all first with the Shift and arrow keys because otherwise those little fellas wouldn't get a look in.

The explorer was frozen in his big kayak just after making queer discoveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

agamemnon wrote: »
    Ah, but therein lies the genius of my system: I only hit delete once to get rid of +*&^%$£@!~ but I highlight them all first with the Shift and arrow keys because otherwise those little fellas wouldn't get a look in.

Touché... (see i got to use alt-gr right there :D)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Cock.

Cock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement