Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could I get away with this jacket...

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That looks very similar to the one that I have, but with the skirt, I haven't a clue what it might be called though. As long as you have a waterproof/ windproof top layer, and enough room under it for a couple of other layers such as fleece/ tshirt/ thermals then you'll be grand. A big huge thick warm jacket is a bad idea though as you'll then have a lot less options for when you get too hot. Remember that skiing/ boarding is a very physical activity so you need to be able to move about in whatever your wearing so being wrapped up nice and snug in some huge jacket won't be doing you any good at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

It's the North Face Varius. I'm tempted to bring it but nervous I won't be warm enough, I've always worn a heavier jacket than it when skiing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

As robinph said its all about layers.The jacket should be fine for stopping you from getting wet from snow or rain but at VT dont think rain is your prob.
    Remember VT is colder than other resorts as its so high but once you have base layer,long sleve teeshirt and a heavy fleece you should be fine.If its your first time your going to be sheading layers like theres no tomorrow.

Enjoy

Advertisement