Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L&H- Ralph Fiennes.

Options
  • 26-11-2007 6:57pm

The L&H are having Ralph Fiennes (Red Dragon, Constant Gardener, English Patient) out to visit Ireland's premier degree factory on Thursday, in theatre L at 6.

Come along, take a break from studying and ask questions!

He's the first of a good few quality actors we're having to pop in and say hi!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

any idea what time we will have to start queuing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭lucyburn

I would really love to go it sounds very interesting.I love all his movies and he's very cute.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'm all up for idolising celebs, but I'm going to have to give this a big, fat "meh".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Dram soc had him last year or the year before.

He was ok - not amazing by any standard.

Filled Theatre (one on the left of library corrider) but there was still spaces like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Not to be confused with Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Ralph's 3rd cousin. I think his stories would be a bit more interesting... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

He was fierce grumpy last time... having some sort of bother that was in the papers at the time and a paparazzi type jumped out from behind a pillar in Arts :rolleyes:

Total 'I'm a famous actor' huff time.

So Fienner should be a big attraction so que as early as possible. I would try to be there at least 45 minutes-1 hour before the whole scandal begins! Besides, there is generally a good vibe out side the Arts block when there is an event like this!

Besides, how often is it that we mere mortals get to see someone like Ralph "the c0ck" Fiennes in person (anyone who's seen Red Dragon will get it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

He was savage in Schindler's List!

Amon Goeth: You want these people?
    Oskar Schindler: These people. My people. I want my people.
    Amon Goeth: Who are you? Moses?

Wilhelm Kunde: [Goeth is being driven round the Ghetto in an open top car] This street divides the ghetto just about in half. On the right, ghetto A, civil employees, industrial workers and so on. On the left, ghetto B, surplus labor, the elderly and infirm, mostly, which is where you will want to start. Any questions?
    Amon Goeth: Ja. Why is the top down? I'm f*cking freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I would only wanna ask him why he hates the name Ralph so much he refuses to pronounce it properly :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I was thinking of queueing around 5...?
    Yeah I have bother when I pronounce his name the way he says it and not the way its supposed to be.. people think its just me being all snobbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

While we're on the subject of his first name... I dunno how he pronounces it, but it should be pronounced "Raif".
    Make of that what you will, linguistic afficionados...

Fine actor though, his performance in Strange Days is probably my favourite of his efforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

so what was he like?

I thought he was good but a bit intense. He got pissed at the interviewer at the fact that he had a go at Jude Law. Other then that no real drama!

I got to meet him since I'm on committee before and after the talk. He even said my question at the end was funny! As for my ego now..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I thought he was good but a bit intense. He got pissed at the interviewer at the fact that he had a go at Jude Law. Other then that no real drama!

I got to meet him since I'm on committee before and after the talk. He even said my question at the end was funny! As for my ego now..........

Was one of them your question? The last two were absolutely brilliant

I thought it was great. Made me laugh and he's a pretty beautiful man... for an old guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

I'm dying to know what the last two questions were? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

stolenwine wrote: »
    I'm dying to know what the last two questions were? :D

+1

Yeah the last question was ledge.. would he combine his character from Red Dragon with the char from Maid in Manhattan and freak the **** out of Jennifer Lopez.

He was very good, but the interviewer asked some dodgy questions and made more than a few awkward jokes. I met him briefly after and got him to sign my dvd. He comes across, like his character from The Constant Gardener. So genuine and friendly, but quite bashful.

Yeah the last question was ledge.. would he combine his character from Red Dragon with the char from Maid in Manhattan and freak the **** out of Jennifer Lopez.

He was very good, but the interviewer asked some dodgy questions and made more than a few awkward jokes. I met him briefly after and got him to sign my dvd. He comes across, like his character from The Constant Gardener. So genuine and friendly, but quite bashful.

Yeah the last question was mine! Oddly enough, I had three different people come up to me in a drunken shambled state and shake my hand for it earlier in the student bar. Bizzare or what?!

Fillefatale, do you by any chance have blonde hair? Cause there was a blonde after the show who was giving Fiennes ALOT of attention!

Yeah the last question was mine! Oddly enough, I had three different people come up to me in a drunken shambled state and shake my hand for it earlier in the student bar. Bizzare or what?!

Fillefatale, do you by any chance have blonde hair? Cause there was a blonde after the show who was giving Fiennes ALOT of attention!

I didn't need alcohol to get me on a high that night. It was brilliant.
    I'll give you a virtual slap on the back however!

Nope, I'm a born and bred redhead. Haha, what kind of attention ;) What woman wouldn't really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Schindler's List is on RTE2 now, I'm seeing it for the first time. Fiennes' character (Göth) is as close to pure evil as it's possible to imagine. It can't have been comfortable, acting some of those bloody scenes. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Liam Neeson all the way (sorry just finished watching Love Actually)

Ralph Fiennes is brilliant in Schindlers List. Creeps. You. Out

And he's the new poster boy for www.ucd.ie

Advertisement