Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "Get it off your chest" thread-Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Homework, homework, homework.... when will it ever end? :(

When you leave school dude.... ! :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Owning a property sucks ass. It means your responsible for everything that goes wrong, even when it isn't your fault.

Lectures suck too.

I wish I was asleep right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Eircom's bloody twat they have as the automated system wrecks my head!!!!!! :mad: If anybody knows who he is, let me know and I'll go get my hidden sniper rifle!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Went playing a match of indoor soccor yesterday. My right foot started hurting but i kept on going until the end. Somehow a lot of skin got torn off the bottom of my foot and I can't walk with the pain. The five minute walk to college took twenty minutes. :/
    Also, it is not fun to have to remove layers of skin from your foot, I suggest biting something so you don't scream. Bring on next mondays match...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

No house phone and no mobile credit is a bad combination when you need to get in touch with email-allergic, previous employers for a reference asap. :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I hate people who are "Breast aware". Its the stupidest most annoying thing to have on the back of a car since the jesus fish.

I also hate Novenas. Particularly solemn novenas. They sound like a great ****ing laugh don't they? Hey, Priestie, people dont like going to church anymore, maybe we should spice up the mass a little, you know, attract more folks? "Sure, I know, lets make em longer, and solemner... Doesnt everyone love long and solemn?"
    I hate people who leave their mobile phones turned on in the cinema. (And also accidentally going to the cinema on scumbag day, why does this always happen to me?) And people who drive and use their mobile at the same time. I ****ing hate them.

I hate the fact that on sky digital, all the tv channels have a different volume level. And all the ads have a different volume level again on each individual channel. That barry scott cnut nearly had me hitting the ceiling last night he was roaring so loud.

And finally, for now, and most emphatically, I hate unicorns. And people who like unicorns / believe in unicorns / have an altar to unicorns somewhere in their private space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Giles wrote:
    When you leave school dude.... ! :p

haha ... yesh. But that won't be for awhile. I was up early this morning just to finish what I couldn't finish last night. :rolleyes: Craziness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

cant stand people eating crisps or smelly sandwiches on buses, its horrible to say the least.

Trilla wrote:
    cant stand people eating crisps or smelly sandwiches on buses, its horrible to say the least.

that problem here is easily solved: we're not allowed to eat on buses. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I have an FYP proposal to write for the fourteenth, and I haven't got a clue what I want to do for it yet. Any ideas I do get are either rubbish, or likely to be rejected.

Also, the damned college is giving me the run around. Owing to having to repeat a subject last year, most of the subjects I am supposed to be doing are on a two year rotation, and all ran last year. I'm waiting nearly two weeks for anyone to get back to me with possible options.

This means that a) I have to go back again next year (last year should have been just that), b) I only have a short number of hours per week, and c) my timetable is all over the place. Four hour gaps in the middle of a Tuesday? Piss off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've worked 40 days without a day off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Oneupmanship is really getting on Pigheads nerves lately. You know the fcukers who always try and steal your thunder by making out that they've done the same thing as you only better.

At breakfast this morning I was telling a story about how I ate 14 cream crackers in 3 minutes without water when all of a sudden Larry "the Liar" Lennon pipes in with "Jesus fair play to you Pighead, thats impressive. I ate 16 of them in 2 and a half minutes last week. I know how hard it is"

Fcuking bull****. I know this because Its impossible to eat 16. Jesus, I was lying when I said 14. Even 14 is a crazy number. He makes me sick

Oh and another thing thats been pissing me off is work. Pigheads worked for the last 41 days solid without a day off. Absolutely shattered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

One upmanship gets on my nerves even more than it gets on Pigheads. Much more in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭smallpaws

Roger Quest. I hate that guy, the mere sight of him just ticks me off.

I also get completely ticked off when I am going the speed limit through a school zone complete with flashing lights on large, easily read signs stating the speed limit is 15 MPH when the lights are flashing because it's a SCHOOL ZONE and I am followed closely by some fool who apparently thinks I (and everyone in the opposite lane) are not following some law of the road but instead are suddenly, cruelly, randomly and mysteriously trying to slow them down and freak them out as much as possible while driving past a children's school at roughly 8 AM. The urge to get out of my car and drag them from theirs to the large, flashing sign posted nearby and force them to read it before they consider flipping me off again is just unreal some days.

Pighead wrote:
    Oneupmanship is really getting on Pigheads nerves lately. You know the fcukers who always try and steal your thunder by making out that they've done the same thing as you only better.

Cho (that's me) feels your pain. I hate that too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have been asked(ie forced) to teach leaving cert students from 10 schools physics, and one first year NUIG class, for a month or two.

Nooeeeeeeee. Damn kids, albeit they are just a few years younger than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

There is a woman who works just behind me, and she must have one of the most nerve-worrying voices I have ever heard. Her dial must be turned permanently to "whinge".:rolleyes:

Ah, that's better!

#Elites wrote:
    start shouting at it!

if your voice reaches a certian vollume it transfers you to a supervisior:D

no kidding...? :eek: :confused:

*bump*!

Worry. :( I wish I didn't worry so much. It ruins everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭WunderFull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I forgot to get the number of the Finnish girl I met on the tube yesterday, and she's been playing on my mind all day - she disappeared into the night at Acton Town.

And guy-beside-woman-who-whinges, I sympathise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

There's been a phone book on top of the bus stop outside the the Botanic Gardens for about 2 years now and no ones bothered moving it. I'd do it myself but I'm afraid I'd catch lemon-aids or that it's there for some special reason that I am unaware of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

agamemnon wrote:
    You know the ones I mean, perfectly able-bodied people who refuse to walk properly on a crowded footpath. They're in front of you, dawdling along, and you move to the right to overtake them. Then they move to the right and block your path. So you move to the left and then they move to the left to block you again, all the time without them ever realising you're behind them.
    I've resorted to shouldering them as I finally get past them, so I'll probably get into a fight soon. I don't care, bring it on!!! GET OUT OF MY FUKKING WAY!!! ASSHOLES!!!
    So annoying!
    Wertz wrote:
    **** that intonate up at the end of every f*cking sentence....jesus you deserve your tongues cut out of your damn heads. You are not australian, you are not from south california....you're f*cking Irish; speak like you are
    I am Australian and I don't do this any more. It's horrible, I'm going to need ear plugs when I move back.

I'm sick to death of people who are late. If you say you're going to meet at 10:00 then 10:01 is LATE! You should be there with a couple of minutes to spare. At 10:00 you should BE THERE, not walking up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

People who do not know how to drive and do not know how to use their indicators. They think they own the bleeding road. Sometimes I will punch their heads in.

People with no manners! Saying thank you and please costs nothing. My 3 year old uses it more than a lot of adults.
    1. Ugh, cant stand that, especially people who wont indicate when they are on roundabouts. And people that tailgate when I am sticking to the speed limits. Oh, and fecking motorbikes that over/undertake you when you are in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Nothing annoys me more then a motor bike that pulls up on my right and then as soon as a gap opens between me and the car in front, just swerves in front right as I am taking off :rolleyes:

2. Well, I dont mind people who dont say please and thankyou, although i say it myself, but genuinely rude staff in stores really annoys me.

Also on my list of peeves:
    Eircom - Holding back irish broadband and ripping us off with extortionate line rental since they started. Thank you very much assholes :mad:

High Petrol tax - The main reason petrol costs so much.

Monopolies (e.g. Sky, Microsoft etc)

Those eejits that hog the fecking footpath and then crawwl along when I am in a rush, and you just cant go around them because people are walking down on the other side and every time you try to go around them, they block your move AAGH!

I wish I knew all the right answers and the right things to say. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I hate drivers who sit in the middle of the road and make it harder for you to over take, we don't want you driving in the ditch but at least pull over a bit and give us a chance.
    I also hate drivers who pull out onto busy 100kmph roads and come right out in front of you, stay to the side of the road til you've picked up enough speed then pull out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I did very little in work last week, and as a result, I have loads to do this week, and even though I brought it on myself... well I am still dreading it!

Why couldn't I have been born into a family of millionaires? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bongo85

I'm just back in work after a week long bender in the dam :(:( work is shiiiiiiiit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

My time is depleted from what i really want to do,
    collage?maybe Ill quit but then what?maybe ill go to Canada and live in a forest and come back with the greatest novel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I had to run to make the bus this morning and made it...

Then just as i got on i realised i had no ticket / change. so i had to get off again and wait in the freezing cole for the next one... :mad:

• Advertisement

Well about 2-3 am on Monday morning the alarm on the house next door to us decided we were sleeping far too well lately and went off.

I being the optimistic one ignored the alarm when leaving for work yesterday thinking there would be someone in the area with a key and code to switch it off. But alas my misplaced optimisim bit me in the ass as I came home yesterday evening to the high pitched scream of that f'n alarm.

The sound is really magnified in my bedroom so as much as I tried to block the sound by wearing sennheiser headphones,lined with extra tissue paper of course, it didnt make much of a difference and so another night of torture beckoned.

Unfortunately the house is not being lived in and is on the market to be sold so therefore there is no one around to switch the alarm off! I made a point to ring the estate agents responsible this morning so hopefully it will be turned off when I get home.

If not then god help me cos I will have no choice but to get a ladder, tie a rope around the alarm and the other end to the car then rip the alarm off the wall.

I can barely think straight right now due to sleep deprivation, its taken me about half an hour to write this post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

not the permananet solution,
    but you can get earplugs in the chemist for about 80c and they block out pretty much everything.

im a light enough sleeper and theyve gotten me through rock concerts that were on a few rooms down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭chubba1984

Report it to the cops, it's a public nuisance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Your local authority is obliged to take action in such a case,look up the government departments in your phone book and see who deals with noise pollution.Really,noise is the one thing most likely to drive you mad and you shouldnt have to put up with it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

We got a letter from the local authority or whatever they call themselves because someone had complained about our house alarm going off all day recently. It wasn't actually our alarm it was next doors and I had barely even noticed it when it was going off so that letter went into the bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

my advice is to rip it off the wall, you're entitled to your sleep and if you start ringing estate agents and the like theyre going to fob you off for ages before they eventually get around to it, in my opinion you're doing the right thing by stopping it yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

A rifle or shotgun should stop it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Oh these people, these self righteous, up their own ass, egocentric mot******kers. I hate, and i mean HATE when people say this to me. They think that because they are having a good day they can demand you hide your feelings just so they can feel better about themselves.

First off, if i feel miserable i'm entitled to look however i want. The thing about these people is that they never say it when you do feel bad. They'll just say it as a random comment to emphasise how happy they are pretending to be. I dont know how many times its been said to me when i was just minding my own business doing nothing. The annoying thing is when someone says it to me it puts me in a bad mood.

Its a very judgemental thing to say. Especially if you dont know the person. I mean how would they know "it" didn't happen already. Smug gits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Oh these people, these self righteous, up their own ass, egocentric mot******kers. I hate, and i mean HATE when people say this to me. They think that because they are having a good day they can demand you hide your feelings just so they can feel better about themselves.

First off, if i feel miserable i'm entitled to look however i want. The thing about these people is that they never say it when you do feel bad. They'll just say it as a random comment to emphasise how happy they are pretending to be. I dont know how many times its been said to me when i was just minding my own business doing nothing. The annoying thing is when someone says it to me it puts me in a bad mood.

Its a very judgemental thing to say. Especially if you dont know the person. I mean how would they know "it" didn't happen already. Smug gits!

So how's that Buddhism thing working out for ya...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

A life lesson from bill hicks -
    People come up to me and say "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile". Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me the **** alone?

So Leave me alone youse bastids ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Women.

got 4 of the bastards wrecking my head to varying degrees at the moment:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Fuppin' stomach bug crap. I'd pick tonsilits or anything over stomach bugs any day. And the worst of all is I can't even fuppin throw up. All that happens is this goddamned dry retching. Argh! I've tried everything to ease the nausea bar shooting it. I'm currently trying those burny aromatherapy oil things. If this doesn't work, me stomachs being cut out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭h2s

Three Rants from me:

1 The stupid bitch who regularly parks her jeep accross me drive when there is loads of space all round the area. I mean all she has do is keep moving a couple of feet to clear the entrance. Always happens when I coming home from a hard day at work, and she doesn't even live here, just visiting one of the neighbours.

2 The fecker with the alarm a few doors up which constantly goes off, mind you could be worse I could be the poor sod living next door to them.

3 The feckers to park their cars contra flow and leave their headlights on, there by blinding you as you try to negotiate around the parked cars. Why can't they just switch them to the parking lights?

Why must people I would like to see, live so far away. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

the one person in the world i want I can not have because he is mates with my stupid ex (even though I was only seeing him for 3 weeks) and he isnt event that good mates with him. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Work finished at 17.15pm.

I am just in my house now at 19.50pm.

Its 4.7 miles from home to work.

What the fuck like?! :confused:

Why must this country always go to shiit when it rains?? Surely we'd be feckin used to a bit of rain by now!!

Grrrr :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

What is the story with this country, when the weather changes ?!!? the whole place stops !!... it was only rain, ud think we d be able to handle that.. obviously not... what normally takes me 20 mins to get home, took me close to two hours, mixed with the bus deciding to break down :mad:

Anywho else have a nightmare of a day ?!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Was the buses failure related to the rain, or what the hell are you blathering on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Was the buses failure related to the rain, or what the hell are you blathering on about?
    Just having a rant sorry ....... just was a mix of everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

well rain tends to make roads wet, which in turn means it's probably wise to slow down a bit... what's with people getting more grouchy when the weather changes? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement