Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "Get it off your chest" thread-Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

well rain tends to make roads wet, which in turn means it's probably wise to slow down a bit... what's with people getting more grouchy when the weather changes? :D

far from grouchy :p , just wellll.. ok grouchy lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

i thought first year in college was going to be a bit of a doss.A nice relief after the leaving cert,NO work,partying etc
    well no..

its HARD :(

(way way better than school....but still work...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Bah! You thought your course was hard! I just came out of my final year in Physics and have started an MSc in London. First exam was today, touch and go if I passed. Thought I was doing OK until I realised I'd misread the question. grrr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Oh these people, these self righteous, up their own ass, egocentric mot******kers. I hate, and i mean HATE when people say this to me. They think that because they are having a good day they can demand you hide your feelings just so they can feel better about themselves.

First off, if i feel miserable i'm entitled to look however i want. The thing about these people is that they never say it when you do feel bad. They'll just say it as a random comment to emphasise how happy they are pretending to be. I dont know how many times its been said to me when i was just minding my own business doing nothing. The annoying thing is when someone says it to me it puts me in a bad mood.

Its a very judgemental thing to say. Especially if you dont know the person. I mean how would they know "it" didn't happen already. Smug gits!

or people who say 'it takes x muscles to frown but only x-20 muscles to smile'.

In 1988 the biggest condescending pr*ck in our school said the above to a guy sitting at a table beside which my friends were drinking. He got a pint glass in the face for his comment. It subsequently emerged that the guy's girlfriend had dumped him that night and he was feeling pretty miserable.

As nobody had an ounce of sympathy for the instigator and his presumptuous / arrogant remarks no charges were pressed given the lack of witnesses willing to testify - citing collective temporary blindness. He had to get a number of stitches inserted in his face and several people took great pleasure in jeering him along the lines of

'it takes x muscles to frown but only x-20 muscles to smile - oh I'm sorry I didn't see those stitches - it must make facial movements of any sort a pain in the face'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

F*cking officer in charge of elections ruled my nomination form for a election in university out of order based on rules that were just introduced this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    or people who say 'it takes x muscles to frown but only x-20 muscles to smile'.

In 1988 the biggest condescending pr*ck in our school said the above to a guy sitting at a table beside which my friends were drinking. He got a pint glass in the face for his comment.

You seem like a cool guy. Can I be in your gang?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Was the buses failure related to the rain, or what the hell are you blathering on about?

Why do you insist on sticking your nosey nose in everywhere on Boards there now our Aido? You seem to have an opinion on everything.

Whats your thoughts on Madonna's new African baby?

IvaBigWun wrote:
    You seem like a cool guy. Can I be in your gang?

I think you need to go back and read the post again.

The incident did not involve my friends - other than the fact that they were right beside where it took place.

Reflecting on it some 18 years later I would say that while glassing somebody is not to be condoned you need to bear in mind that it was retaliation to a inane and thoughtless comment.
    i.e. stop condemning the retaliator and focus on the instigator's actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I had 3 Fillings today! 2 on top and 1 on the bottom, and because I missed so much time in work lately, what with a family funeral, and mass, and some personal time, I had to come in after lunch!
    I am feeling so sorry for myself right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭NeiloMac

Ok gots to get this off my chest,

Sunday night, here's me and a mate of mine the the Chipper waiting on some food, while waiting looking forward to my fish and chips two young girls 15/16 come into the shop and start asking can they use our phones,

The were drunk and carrying bottles, of beer, I said no i got no credit, The other guy said no as well, they then start saying stuff like,

"Do ya want a bottle in the face," blah blah blah, after a while i said, "go away you scumbag", at which point the smallest one, about 5`4 punch's me in the left cheek, furious annoyed what could i do, If it were a male scummer i would have gone trough him, im not small 6`1 built well and in shape,

So i did the only thing i could went to the Guards to report it, cos i need to do something, But of course they rang me and said, "Oh we went down to the chipper and the CCTV was not working that night" yeah right PC Plod like ya got off your fat hole,

I think the female scummers are worse,

Ahh thats better off my chest, although i was a test of character and i passed, I did not raise my hand, or get physical in any way, Just feel walked on :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why must my third year project be based in the I.T. department?
    /bangs head off wall.

EDIT: Yeah, female knacks are worse, I can't bring my self to hit them, even teh one who threw a sheet of glass at my crotch. Thank god for my choice of baggy trousers that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Buying a house is very stressful. Ruu is at cracking point.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Ruu wrote:
    Buying a house is very stressful. Ruu is at cracking point.:(
    It is worth it when they hand you the key. A tiny patch of the planet that is officially your castle. We bought about three years ago (actually closed on Halloween) and we were dancing around when they handed us the keys. Gave out sweeties to the kids while sitting on the steps - as there was no furniture to sit on.

Congrats!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

.....female friends who can't drag themselves away from their boyfriend's for one night out with the girls!

Have a friend at the moment who is unreal for this. I appreciate that she is all loved up, I am too but I can still manage to have a night out with just the girls.
    Asked her on Sunday if she fancied a night out where I live (about 45 minutes from town) for a change and she said "yea deadly!" I described it as a girl's night yet she automatically assumed that the other half would be coming too! Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of time for this guy and have been on plenty of nights out with them, but I just fancied a girl's night since we haven't had one in ages.

When I said that I had intended it to be just the girls from college, she seemed cool with it. I sent her a text today to see if she was still up for it as one of the other girls has to work, and she sent a message back saying that she had been just talking to one of the other girls and that she would probably be in her boyfriends until Sunday but "you and xxx have fun"....

I wouldn't mind if they never got to see each other but they are literally together 6 nights a week! How hard is it to spend some time with your "mates" for fúck sake!

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

im getting pissed off by being lectured to by politicians who earn 100k a year and media types earning vastly above the average industrial wage that im an idiot cause i dont have a pension because

1. i do have one, its called the state pension. ive been paying into it in the form of PRSI for the last 14yrs and if i retired tomorrow id be 100euro a week better off than i am now.

and

2. these ****ers couldnt tell me the price of a liter of milk and a pan of bread yet im supposed to follow their "sage" advice about how impossible i'll find it. this from a bunch of gob****es that'd spend 500euro on a coctail and boast about it:mad:

Today is the first day in years that I have been sick and I hate going to the doctor, might have to go later. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Beebox

My phone was stolen and the fecker used up the 10 euro credit I had in it. My phonebook gone! :(

Did you try ringing it? I assume you did and the person just hung up. Call your operator and get the sim cancelled or disabled in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ruu wrote:
    Today is the first day in years that I have been sick and I hate going to the doctor, might have to go later. :(

Get well soon Ruu! That sad smilie(paradox?) doesn't suit you. Hopefully the doctor will turn that frown upside down.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    I think you need to go back and read the post again.

The incident did not involve my friends - other than the fact that they were right beside where it took place.

Reflecting on it some 18 years later I would say that while glassing somebody is not to be condoned you need to bear in mind that it was retaliation to a inane and thoughtless comment.
    i.e. stop condemning the retaliator and focus on the instigator's actions.

There is literally nothing a man or woman could say that would justify a glass in the face, even among spotty teenagers. An action maybe, and even then that's a stretch. What kind of places were you guys hanging out in those days?? :eek:

The most that muscles yarn could possibly deserve, even on a bad day, would be a sarcastic retort.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Beebox

Ruu wrote:
    Did you try ringing it? I assume you did and the person just hung up. Call your operator and get the sim cancelled or disabled in any case.

Yep I did and it rang out and then was engaged and now it's off. Bothersome. The sim can't be cancelled til tomorrow, there's some problem with vodafone. It's prepay so I'm not going to lose any more money but I don't like the idea of someone with my sim.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Reaches back, unsnaps and flings it across the room. What a relief to have that off my chest after a long day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Reaches back, unsnaps and flings it across the room. What a relief to have that off my chest after a long day!

Laptop leaves a hole in the ceiling.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I'm really pissed off there's a weekend away and my friend in charge can't make up his bloody mind.

Seriously if I have to pack my bag and unpack it again as a result of not being allowed to go.I will be more annoyed at that then not going on the stupid weekend.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There's been nothing but fucking leaks in my apartment since I got it. Over the summer, something above us leaked, causing my ceiling to fall in, and the ceiling of the shop below me. About a month ago, my washing machine was installed incorrectly, causing the ceiling to fall in in the other shop below me. Today, something is leaking above us again, causing much wet patches and ominous hissing noises from the power box thingy for the shower, from which the lead broke off when I moved in so I can't turn it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

/rant
    Ok I know this is a bit of a contentious issue, but I hate clampers, I know people shouldn't park illegally but they are now clamping people in the housing estate right behind where I live. Surely a ticket stuck to someones window the old fashioned way of punishing illegal parking should be enough. I noticed that McDonalds beside the square in Tallaght have started clamping now too. I guess with the run up to christmas they want to keep the traffic flow as smooth as possible.
    /end rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

got tickets to the Borat screening but have to work from 3-11 today :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Got a test in the morning, can't motivate myself to study :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Got a test in the morning, can't motivate myself to study :(

As Nike would say, just do it.

I felt like that more than once. Starting is the hard part, once your an hour in, it becomes easier.

Alright I admit it, I shot JR.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

In addition to my last post, mmm, I enjoyed shelling out that £140 to get part of the problem fixed.

• Advertisement

I have a pile of stuff to do regarding my new house before I go back home and the list gets longer by the minute. Boo-urns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

:mad: i failed my freakin driving test yesterday ,hit the freakin curb when i was reversing, an automatic failing! which is not really why im ranting but the tester gave me 8grade 2 marks(stil enough 2pass if i hadnt hit curb) 3of which were for "going to close to parked cars" ,twice on enterence and exiting the centre where there are a number of cars illegally and very badly parked on the narrow road and once down the town that is being ripped asunder with road works.grrrrrr:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Analogue Devices in Limerick a person and me in my class an interview for work placement. Just two of us and there are two jobs available.
    We have to accept. I don't want to live in ****ing Limerick for five months...
    Come on HEAnet, offer me that interview!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

MY birthday today..........had day booked off for 2 weeks.......other half decided to take day off today and has single handley ruined my whole day......

1) all i want was a dog what did i get 2 tickets to that mixed rules ****e that i have never even once hinted at likeing

2) she gets up 8.30 this morning to make phone calls and informs me that she got me cancelation at dentist WTF now i cant feel may face at all

3) decides we should do major clean of house "incase" somebody calls this weekend

wait till next year ya biotch cause i swear i will do a den on it and serve ya divorce papers for ur birthday:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

GAH! Failed my first exam on my new course. It was a close fail but a fail nonetheless :(

Time to pull up socks!

You are married? Um...ok.

Nonetheless, that is harsh on your birhtday. Ouch.

You are married? Um...ok.

Emmm what do u mean by that? is there a reason i should not be?

She doesn't seem to know much about what you like.

Bingo Tar Fluckin bingo..........so how come when i say that to her she's like "oh your so funny hehehehe fluckin he"

My gf has an operation today...worry worry :(

• Advertisement

My gf has an operation today...worry worry :(

hope everything goes okay.

Thanks a lot. :)

Pushed back to the morning now, agh waiting...

Ah, success! It is horrible waiting on somebody in an operating theatre for hours...All went well and now she is on a saline drip, oxygen mask and some sort of thing that collects blood.

It worse news, I have a crap interview in the morning in Limerick, for analogue devices...Have to leave so early to get to an interview for a job i will hate. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Best of luck Tar. I hope it all works out for you. Analogue Devices isn't too bad a place to work.

Feel for ya Tar. I also had a crap interview today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Oh my God. I saw the Spin Cash Cow this morning, and I txt the code to the number, etc, and got my BF to do the same.
    I came into work, and the guy who shares my office, I said, hey, txt this word, with your details, to this number, you can enter a competition on Spin.

2 secs later, his phone rings, I said 'I bet you that's them', and he laughed, answered his phone..... it's them!

They are ringing him at 9.30 to enter the game.

I 'jokingly' said, "you better give me half the winnings."

And the little fecker just laughed at me!

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Shop near work closed this week. Did great sambos, coffee, etc.
    Used to get coffee, scone & the Irish Times for €3.35.
    The same from Café-bleedin'-Sol (nearest place now) is €5.45.
    €2.10 in the difference. :mad:
    They should be wearing masks - bloody highway robbers!

Edit: Tar - Best wishes for a speedy recovery to your girlfriend & good luck with the interview.

Anytime I turn on my heater it smells. Probably not a good sign. But its so damned cold. My nipples could pierce glass.

<tries>

Nope, apparently they cant. Damnit. There goes my hopes of being a cat burgular. But that sounds really wussy. Why cant I be a panther burgular?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

My fecking bed room is like an ice box, theres a big fecking draft coming through the window and airvent :(

It was -2 last night!

• Advertisement

GGARHH! Came back to my bike yesterday and found the front tyre had been destroyed and the axle had been bent. Took the wheel off, got the train home, bought and fitted a new tyre to the wheel, took it back, refitted it to the back, only to find that the back wheel had been bent as well.

Since the gears are built into the back wheel it's gonna cost me a fortune to fix!

Advertisement