Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "Get it off your chest" thread-Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

Good Lord. For the second time in my life, I have worn odd shoes by accident. At least the last time, they looked similar, but today I am wearing one black lace up shoe and one brown runner. I really should have stayed in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Archeron wrote:
    Good Lord. For the second time in my life, I have worn odd shoes by accident. At least the last time, they looked similar, but today I am wearing one black lace up shoe and one brown runner. I really should have stayed in bed.

Haha. That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Ok, my boss was in a Major Pisser when I got in this morning.
    Giving out loads of orders and complaining about the tiniest thing (like post being placed in the wrong tray, which really shouldn't matter to him, cos it is my post and doesn't concern him).
    He told me that we were taking someone new into the office and I had to move desks, so better get organised for the move.
    So i spent all morning getting organised and then he gets a call on his mobile.
    After the call he was in flying form, smiles all round, and tells me I only have to move if I want to!
    Jesus Christ!
    I know we can all have our bad days, but seriously, this guy brings his personal life to work every day.
    If he is in a good mood, my working day just zooms by, but if he is in a plsser, well life is a nightmare for everyone around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    Ok, my boss was in a Major Pisser when I got in this morning.
    Giving out loads of orders and complaining about the tiniest thing (like post being placed in the wrong tray, which really shouldn't matter to him, cos it is my post and doesn't concern him).
    He told me that we were taking someone new into the office and I had to move desks, so better get organised for the move.
    So i spent all morning getting organised and then he gets a call on his mobile.
    After the call he was in flying form, smiles all round, and tells me I only have to move if I want to!
    Jesus Christ!
    I know we can all have our bad days, but seriously, this guy brings his personal life to work every day.
    If he is in a good mood, my working day just zooms by, but if he is in a plsser, well life is a nightmare for everyone around him.

Be glad he's not a woman. He'd be like that at least once a month! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

bolliwoodi wrote:
    I hate ignorant people-Like the other day i was in boots and had my 1 year old niece in the buggy-Now the aisles in my local boots are big enough-A normal size person could get past if i was in the aisle with the buggy

ANYWAY i was in the aisle with the buggy- and a woman was trying to get past me-Now honestly she was a big woman-About the size of rosie o donnell-ANYWAY she couldnt squeeze past me so starts muttering under her breath about" Move the ****ing buggy-How are people suppose to get around with u blocking the aisle"

MAYBE IF YOU DIDNT EAT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT YA WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET PAST-EVERYONE ELSE COULD!!!
    I too hate ignorant people

Like the other day I was in Boots, the aisles being so narrow that two people (even of lean proportions) would struggle to get past.

ANYWAY some muppet with her screaming brat of a daughter/niece/granddaughter decides to park her gigantic beast of a buggy, with wheels more suited to off-roading and space for a family of 10, in the middle of the aisle.
    ANYWAY I squeezes my rather slim body past as gently as possible, slightly nudging the buggy to make some more space. Oblivous to the racket her little precious is making I then hear her mutter under her breath "Mind the chisler-you'll wake her up"

MAYBE IF YOU PUT THE LITTLE BRAT IN A MORE SUITABLY SIZED BUGGY I COULD GET PAST, HOW MUCH FATTER IS SHE GOING TO GET BEFORE SHE STARTS TO WALK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

A woman seemingly starting to play little games before we've even started going out properly...
    what... the... ****...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Women, pissed off their gourd, THEIR GOURD, stumbling into the men's toilets to do their business. They could at least wait in line like the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Shauna_K

i havent read any of this thread and this has probably been said before but, I HATE MEN!!!!!!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Arse Biscuits!
    I have spent 2 days inputting information onto the computer systems only to find that the guy who gave me the info has dated everything incorrectly and now I have to reverse all of the mistakes and start all over again!!!!

Jesus Frickin' Christ!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I hate preparing lectures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I have to fill out Masters applications and I haven't a clue what to write or what short stories to send and I don't know which application deadline applies to me. *brain explodes* I want someone else to fill in this shit!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

I'm hating my job right now. It's boring as hell and my manager (being female) seems to think that all men are god's gifts, while women are seen as the enemy!!! My head is done in.
    Time for a new job I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

Neopets must die!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

What is/are Neopets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

Terry wrote:
    What is/are Neopets?

They are the scourge of the Earth. They may seem innocuous until your friends and family fall prey to their mind control.

Create your own virtual pet. :rolleyes: They just turn you into their pet. If you think it's just another way for an idiot to **** away the day think again! My girlfriend was a victim and only shock therapy wrested her from the madness.

http://www.neopets.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neopets
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neopets_controversy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Rant alert!
    Let's all learn the difference between 'you're' and 'your'!!

Example:
    'You're a terrible speller.'

'Your spelling skills are very poor'.

Now I must stop this rediculous procrastinating.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Nicely backed up by your impeccable spelling...

Working lates this weekend, next weekend and nights the weekend after that... I'm really beginning to wonder if they want me to quit:confused:
    Oh yeah, and what the **** is up with women???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Wisheress

Not being able to get a frigging taxi for hours on a Saturday night. Grrrrr:mad:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Blah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ants, especially odorous ones. DIRTY, DIRTY LITTLE BASTIDS! GET OUT O' ME HOUSE! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

I hate work. I hate it, hate hate hate.
    **tantrum**

When i grow up, I want to be unemployed!! :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm frustrated. I'm having Part 1 of my birthday party tonight, and there's still 5 people who haven't RSVP'd. I even texted one of them last night and she didn't reply. Fair enough, one's in Australia and could never have attended, but she could at least acknowledge the invite. (All this was done via Facebook, by the way.) I know several others have been on Facebook this week and just haven't replied. Rude.

Secondly, I got a note in my door yesterday saying I missed a parcel because nobody was at home and it wouldn't fit through my letter box. No details on redelivery, no details on where it is now, no idea how to get it. The post came this morning and there was no parcel. So where the fock is it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

I've never heard of this facebook b4, any use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fantastic Kaz

ALL MEN=COMPLETE IDIOTS!!!!!!:mad:
    The end.

Ruu wrote:
    Ants, especially odorous ones. DIRTY, DIRTY LITTLE BASTIDS! GET OUT O' ME HOUSE! :(
    smelly ants?

I lost my mobile last night. I have no idea where I was when it disappeard.
    My friend rang it and some girl said 'i'll meet you down by the rye bridge and give it back to you', but when we went down she wasn;'t there. now it's switched off. All my contacts are stored there. :(

Yep, when squashed they give off a rotten coconut stench. :( Nearly all gone now, found where they are entering the house.

hmm. almost 3 and i'm wired to the moon. see you over at boards.tv ruu.

why didn't i get the flu vacination?? why? why? why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've come down with a cold this weekend too. I advise plenty of hours under the duvet. Working for me :)

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    I've come down with a cold this weekend too. I advise plenty of hours under the duvet. Working for me :)
    I did yesterday for most of the day.. I have to meet a mate in town soon so I'm going to take 1000mg Vitamin C, 3 paracetamol, a honey&lemon Locket lozenge and splash on a dash of lavender! :p
    What's the bets I'll be better tomorrow in time for work! Bah! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I did yesterday for most of the day.. I have to meet a mate in town soon so I'm going to take 1000mg Vitamin C, 3 paracetamol, a honey&lemon Locket lozenge and splash on a dash of lavender! :p
    What's the bets I'll be better tomorrow in time for work! Bah! :rolleyes:
    I'll be the same. What's worse is I'm glad (I must be REALLY sick) :p

Nah, have to submit my expenses on Wednesday and I'm not done running them up before then ya see! :D

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    I'll be the same. What's worse is I'm glad (I must be REALLY sick) :p

Nah, have to submit my expenses on Wednesday and I'm not done running them up before then ya see! :D

Oh well, that's important "work" stuff! Ya gotta go in for that.
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Wouldn't go meeting anyone at the Rye bridge Terry! Sounds a bit dodge! make it the village if you manage to get through to the phone again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Eircom "customer service" representatives make me want to tear out my hair. How dare you tell me it's my fault you keep putting other people through to my number? How dare you, in the fault repair section, tell me that YOU CAN'T PUT ME THROUGH TO THE DIRECTORY SERVICES SECTION??? An Eircom engineer can't operate a switchboard?

And then how can you try to charge me €25 to change my number - and then tell me you can't change my number but suggest I speak to the people who gave me the number? WHAT, EIRCOM? ISN'T THIS BLEEDIN' EIRCOM?

And then you try and tell me that the manager is off sick AND THAT THERE IS NO-ONE ELSE IN A SUPERVISORY CAPACITY?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

ALL MEN=COMPLETE IDIOTS!!!!!!:mad:
    The end.

Idiot.

A few things actually.

I wrote a big long reply to the 'God Save The Queen in Croker' thread, then when I tried to post it, the thread was closed. Sigh :(

I have no net access in my new job. No wait, I have dial up. Shoot me :(

Bills. :mad:

My fault. Sorry.

If it's still in your cache, I'll reopen the thread for you.

There was just too much trolling going on and no real discussion.

I can barely open the front door of the house with the snow and the immigration people want me in Indianapolis (about 1 hr 1/2 away) Friday week for biometrics at for 9am!:(

Ruu wrote:
    I can barely open the front door of the house with the snow and the immigration people want me in Indianapolis (about 1 hr 1/2 away) Friday week for biometrics at for 9am!:(
    Just send them a semen sample.

They'd love that and drop kick me out of the country! :eek:

Pics might take a bit to load.

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/7316/carbu8.jpg (car a second ago)

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/2614/peekpu4.jpg (me peeking out the door) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Terry wrote:
    My fault. Sorry.

If it's still in your cache, I'll reopen the thread for you.

There was just too much trolling going on and no real discussion.

Tis grand big T, its happened a loada time at this stage. I guess ye're all basically telling me to speed me aul typing up :o

Oh and another one to add to the list.

Bus drivers who either don't see cars, who don't give much regard to the blood pressure of car drivers, or who apparently bought their bleedin licence. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

F*ck ASH Ireland.

That is all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

VB, ahhhhh. What an annoying language. Work damn you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fantastic Kaz

connundrum wrote:
    Idiot.

A few things actually.

I wrote a big long reply to the 'God Save The Queen in Croker' thread, then when I tried to post it, the thread was closed. Sigh :(

I have no net access in my new job. No wait, I have dial up. Shoot me :(

Bills. :mad:

Knob.

Since this year has started I'm left with the uncontrollable feeling that my life is falling apart around me in every area!
    Thinking positive isn't working as as day's go by it seem's to get a bit worse
    I no longer am a smiley girl!

cept my love life but for once I don't care:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Knob.
    Reported.

• Advertisement

Banned.
    Both of them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just got a crappy plain cheese sandwich for nearly 5e, siiiigh.

Why is it that everytime I walk into the pub, every woman looks at me like I'm the one whose mate did them yesterday?
    Funk that.
    I need some new mates.
    Some that haven't screwed every single woman in this town, therefore leaving them out of my reach because you can't do your mates ex and you mates ex doesn't want to do you.
    Sometimes I hate living in a small town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Had an idea for a good AH thread today but now I can't remember! Grizzly grrrrrz!

Really?
    A good one would be nice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement