Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "Get it off your chest" thread-Part II

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

oh and i'm hating the rain too. will it ever end. i'm going home to work on my ark at the weekend. :mad:

Goddamn alcohol...making my head sore and making me crave junkfood :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Having Boring ****ers for mates!!

Ya know the kinda friends (Excluding a couple) who you only really see when theres a Birthday. You dont need a REASON to go out Godammit!! god forbid we meet up more often.....:mad:

god....what is that about!? some people actually enjoy being Boring!! lol.....
    i really shouldnt get started coz ill go off on a major Rant!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I HATE BOY RACERS!!!! I wish Fast & The Furious was never made cuz this is where it all boomed from, goddamit!! Idiotic morons behind a wheel thinking they have the blood of a F1 elite driver, or they think they have the mechanical engineering brain of a Japanese car engine designer genius like Kenichi Nagahiro, designer of the VTEC engine.

"Oh, I'll buy a 2nd / 3rd hand Mitsubishi Evo / Golf, put some terribly cheap material on the body and chasis, drill a hole in the exhaust, drive the shíte out of the already banjaxed engine and then drive around as if it was designed for pro racing!"

Puh-lease!! A true vehicle entusiast tries to reach a pinnacle / surpass the limit of a chosen car's potential in terms of mechanical engineering, etc. Not to destroy the clutch, crack the radiator, break the axels, crack the alloys, destroying the threads on their tyres from pretty pathetic take-offs, or simply try & kill themselves or others by proving they can handle doing 100mph down a dangerous by-road, idiots!!

And for Christ sake, what is it with the neccisity for dance music??? I've no quiffs with the genre in genral (A lot of it is monotonous daftness but sets up a good night when you're on a night out) It's like some bad math formula or something.

2nd hand car + expensive body kit to make it look flashy, fast, and hand built by the best engineers in the world + drill hole in exhaust for crummy loudness + air filter, cuz it's oh-so-cool + incredibly fast and stupid dance music = Boy Racer!

or in other words: 2HR + €BK + EHOLE + AF + FDANCE = BR (An asshole in laments terms)

ooh i Agree. they do my head in. i dont hide the disgust on my face when i see them beside me either. Losers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah, I overheard someone talking about that bloody Cotton Eye Joe song that was out a few years ago and now can't get it out of me head! Bloody hell! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Thanks for sharing that with the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd-a been married long time ago
    Where did you come from where did you go
    Where did you come from Cotton-Eye Joe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I'm content :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭- bo -

I switched on my mp3 player (30gb Zen Vision:M) about an hour ago and the screen is in bits, its like ink is spilled all inside, cant see anything. I have nothing but bad luck with mp3 players :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Ruu wrote:
    Ah, I overheard someone talking about that bloody Cotton Eye Joe song that was out a few years ago and now can't get it out of me head! Bloody hell! :(

NNNOOOOOOOO!!

I wish to God I hadn't come across that post. Now the blasted thing is rattling around my skull as well.

GGrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

- bo - wrote:
    I switched on my mp3 player (30gb Zen Vision:M) about an hour ago and the screen is in bits, its like ink is spilled all inside, cant see anything. I have nothing but bad luck with mp3 players :mad:
    That sucks, it happened to me aswell. And to make it worse it seems to be very difficult to get it fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I slept with yore ma !

- bo - wrote:
    Aaahhh....lol....I dont know you....i dont even know if you're a boy or a girl but that post made me want to give you a Hug. ......god I'm a big squishey loser... lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

MooseJam wrote:
    I slept with yore ma !
    Hi Da.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Niamho! wrote:
    Having Boring ****ers for mates!!

Ya know the kinda friends (Excluding a couple) who you only really see when theres a Birthday. You dont need a REASON to go out Godammit!! god forbid we meet up more often.....:mad:

god....what is that about!? some people actually enjoy being Boring!! lol.....
    i really shouldnt get started coz ill go off on a major Rant!! :mad:

Oh I know the feeling, its bloody annoying. I was supposed to go out tonight with a lot of them, told 'em about it a couple of weeks ago. Guess what? none of em are going now, all booking holidays/broke/lazy... :(

I'm also pissed off at people with umbrella's, if you have one and are in town today and its raining (i havent looked out yet, still in bed :D ) you better watch out, I've started to hit people who poke me with the f**kin' umbrella's. :mad: :mad:

Go to a boards beers.
    Plenty of outgoing folks there.

Sys > Events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭Johnny Meagher

Every time I hear a siren, every time, the theme music of The Bill starting playing in my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Come monday i am going to have to fire someone, i know it has to be done, but i hate having to do it.

Maybe i should just take away his PC and chair, and pretend he doesn't exist and maybe he'll just go away and never come back.....

Damn responsibility.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Maybe i should just take away his PC and chair, and pretend he doesn't exist

Forget about firing someone, for sheer enterainment value, that would be quality :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

joe robot wrote:
    I'm also pissed off at people with umbrella's, if you have one and are in town today and its raining (i havent looked out yet, still in bed :D ) you better watch out, I've started to hit people who poke me with the f**kin' umbrella's. :mad: :mad:

I nearly got blinded by two girls walking up grafton street today and it was hardly raining. They should have to undergo some sort of umbrella usage course before been allowed out in publin with them.

Every time I hear a siren, every time, the theme music of The Bill starting playing in my head.
    LMAO.....hehehehehe....now im trying to remember the music off the Bill....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭- bo -

Niamho! wrote:
    Aaahhh....lol....I dont know you....i dont even know if you're a boy or a girl but that post made me want to give you a Hug. ......god I'm a big squishey loser... lol

Yup, you sure are a loser :D Ill give myself a hug for you then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

What bothers me more than anything is ladies that dress to show flesh and then try to cover up when they see me looking at them.
    If a dress is designed to show off boobage and/or legage it just dosn't look right if you grab both sides and pull them together, especialy if you're wearing a sheepdog bra.l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bolliwoodi

AH IM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

i was out tonight with my sisters- we had a few at home- went to a few pubs and then to a club. We were in the beer garden and i saw 3 girls who i know for a FACT are 15 years old throwing micky finns back their necks(i know der 15 cos they are in my sisters class and they hang around with her)- i made a mental note to mention it to the bouncers when i was leaving cos 15 year olds in a nightclub is some joke!

Anyway i went to the bathroom and one of them was behind me- she was on her phone and i heard her say "Ya sure come in he wont check you for ID he didnt check me just act like ur in here all the time" I turned around and said "I know u ya are in school with my sister"- and she goes "Oh ya i am hi"

After chattin 2 her i found out that the bouncers didnt ask her for id and just let her in- now this girl looks 15 even done up and i got mad. I went outside and asked the bouncers if they were checking ID- they said yes they had asked everyone for ID that night seen as it was Saturday(and i was never asked for id) I mentioned this to them and they said"Oh we must have missed u"

So i said "Well there are three 15 years olds in there and i know they are 15 cos i know them- and i also heard them discussing on the phone with other friends how to get in here with no id"

The bouncer then proceeded to call me a liar said "we ask every1 for id" and i said " no u bloody dont cos as i just brought to ur attention that u never asked me or my sis for it so dont bloody lie" At this stage a few more people came out and said to the bouncers"Theres kids in there who can hardly stand are ya not asking for ID or summat" and 1 of them pulled out a phone and said "Im calling the bloody cops this is some joke theres kids in there who havnt even gone through puberty yet and they are drinking"

At this stage i left- but i plan on going down to the manager tomorrow- Not just cos of the underage thing-Cos of the way that bouncer spoke to me and calling me a liar when he wasnt doin his job prop. Sum joke u cant even have a night out without seeing kids ya used to babysit BLOODY HELL!!!!!!!!!

rant over!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Underage at nightclubs/pubs is nothing new tbh. Fair play to ya for wanting to see the manager, I would have done the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Fake IDs are a piece of cake to obtain in So Cal, and drinking age here is 21. There was a news special on this not too long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

bolliwoodi wrote:
    AH IM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!
    OOOOOH! I like a angry bird, bring it on.
    bolliwoodi wrote:
    i was out tonight with my sisters- we had a few at home- went to a few pubs and then to a club. We were in the beer garden and i saw 3 girls who i know for a FACT are 15 years
    Tasty.

bolliwoodi wrote:
    (i know der 15 cos they are in my sisters class and they hang around with her)
    So, these girls are in yer sisters class yeah? How old are/is yer sister/s, and why are you ranting? A fifteen year old in yer sister's class can only mean yer sis is no more than sixteen.

Hypocrite much?
    bolliwoodi wrote:
    Anyway i went to the bathroom and one of them was behind me- she was on her phone and i heard her say "Ya sure come in he wont check you for ID he didnt check me just act like ur in here all the time" I turned around and said "I know u ya are in school with my sister"- and she goes "Oh ya i am hi"
    At this stage of the rant, you should have taken your sister out of that den of iniquity, never to return.

bolliwoodi wrote:
    So i said "Well there are three 15 years olds in there and i know they are 15 cos i know them- and i also heard them discussing on the phone with other friends how to get in here with no id"
    Is your sister one of these three?

bolliwoodi wrote:
    The bouncer then proceeded to call me a liar said "we ask every1 for id" and i said " no u bloody dont cos as i just brought to ur attention that u never asked me or my sis for it so dont bloody lie" At this stage a few more people came out and said to the bouncers"Theres kids in there who can hardly stand are ya not asking for ID or summat" and 1 of them pulled out a phone and said "Im calling the bloody cops this is some joke theres kids in there who havnt even gone through puberty yet and they are drinking"
    Was your sister one of them?
    bolliwoodi wrote:
    At this stage i left
    Awh, was your nite ruined?

bolliwoodi wrote:
    rant over!!!!!!!
    Phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bolliwoodi

seansouth wrote:

So, these girls are in yer sisters class yeah? How old are/is yer sister/s, and why are you ranting? A fifteen year old in yer sister's class can only mean yer sis is no more than sixteen.

Hypocrite much?

At this stage of the rant, you should have taken your sister out of that den of iniquity, never to return.

My little sister wasnt out with us and you know that im hardly gonna bring a child into a nightclub use ur head i have 6 sisters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I think you should mind your own business, it'll be the nightclub that get fined etc if the underage people are caught. Get over it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

My friend dropped her phone in a taxi last night. Immediate attempts to ring it failed and today someone is answering and hanging up quickly whenever we call. There's apparently no way to have this traced/the phone located even when they're keeping it on, so the best my friend can hope for is to get her brand new phone blocked from the networks so the scumbag asshole can't use it.

People suck.

Ever think the driver might have the phone beside his bed, where he is sleeping because he was working until about 6am?

They're hanging up the phone repeatedly, as i just said and now, are diverting calls to my phone... so, in short, no. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It never ever stops raining here. :k

Tar.Aldarion It never ever stops raining here. :k

Yeah... the weather in quadrature phase is horrific :P.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Since I am 90 degrees out of phase with you I can only assume you are all enjoying sun with brief spells of rais, so lucky. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Ok, so my Nanny is almost 83 years old, and she's not very well.
    On Wednesday night the priest came and gave her the last rights, and the whole family went over to her house to be with her.
    But she didn't die, and at 3.30am I came home, cos I had to go to work the next(Same) day.

Anyhow, At 5pm yesterday I legged it out of work to get home, get changed, and go over to her.
    Hopped on the bike, saw that I hadn't much petrol, but reckoned I'd have enough to get me home.
    Driving along as fast as I can, get onto the east link, and I am just coming toward the toll when the bike breaks down.
    There is no where to pull in, and cars are zooming past me on both sides.
    My indicator was still working, so I indicated left, got off the bike, and dodged cars whilst pulling my bike as close to the side as I could.
    I then had to walk my bike the length of the road, through the toll, and eventually, just before the bridge, there is a little opening in the wall that cyclists use, and I pulled my bike up there.

Now bear in mind, not only am I freaking about my poor auld ASBO granny(Just to explain, my nanny is a total Nutter and she always says things she probably shouldn't say, so we call her the ASBO Gran), I'm also freaking about the fact that I have no petrol and I've nearly been run over about 10 times... AND I had no cash on me, so even if some kind stranger had offered to go get me petrol, I wouldn't have been able to pay him.
    So I am pissed off, upset, cursing everyone I have ever met, and also panicking about how the fcuk I am going to get home, and if my Nanny will still be alive when I get there.

So I decide to leave the bike where I have parked it, EVEN though I had no lock with me and I had parked it opposite some mad flats. Then I have to walk 20mins back to the petrol station I passed in my rush to get home.

So I ring my Mam, to see how my nanny is, and explain why I am going to be late.
    Before I get a chance to say anything she says

MAM: "Ah, your Nanny's looking well, she's sitting up talking and she's after having a bowl of soup"
    ME: "Are you for real?"
    MAM: "Yeah, yeah, she looks much better then she did last night"
    ME: "Well tell I am going to kill her when I see her, because of her I rushed out of work and never got petrol and broke down on the east link and had to walk in the road, and was nearly killed, and then I had to park my bike by some dodgy flats and now I am walking for miles to a poxy petrol station to get some poxy petrol for my poxy bike!!!!!"
    MAM: "Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Mrs_Doyle wrote:

MAM: "Ah, your Nanny's looking well, she's sitting up talking and she's after having a bowl of soup"
    ME: "Well tell I am going to kill her when I see her, because of her I rushed out of work and never got petrol and broke down on the east link and had to walk in the road, and was nearly killed, and then I had to park my bike by some dodgy flats and now I am walking for miles to a poxy petrol station to get some poxy petrol for my poxy bike!!!!!"

I shouldn't laugh but...... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I shouldn't laugh but...... :D

Agreed.......:D

That's typical life for ya!

• Advertisement

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    Ok, so my Nanny is almost 83 years old, and she's not very well.
    On Wednesday night the priest came and gave her the last rights, and the whole family went over to her house to be with her.
    But she didn't die, and at 3.30am I came home, cos I had to go to work the next(Same) day.

Anyhow, At 5pm yesterday I legged it out of work to get home, get changed, and go over to her.
    Hopped on the bike, saw that I hadn't much petrol, but reckoned I'd have enough to get me home.
    Driving along as fast as I can, get onto the east link, and I am just coming toward the toll when the bike breaks down.
    There is no where to pull in, and cars are zooming past me on both sides.
    My indicator was still working, so I indicated left, got off the bike, and dodged cars whilst pulling my bike as close to the side as I could.
    I then had to walk my bike the length of the road, through the toll, and eventually, just before the bridge, there is a little opening in the wall that cyclists use, and I pulled my bike up there.

Now bear in mind, not only am I freaking about my poor auld ASBO granny(Just to explain, my nanny is a total Nutter and she always says things she probably shouldn't say, so we call her the ASBO Gran), I'm also freaking about the fact that I have no petrol and I've nearly been run over about 10 times... AND I had no cash on me, so even if some kind stranger had offered to go get me petrol, I wouldn't have been able to pay him.
    So I am pissed off, upset, cursing everyone I have ever met, and also panicking about how the fcuk I am going to get home, and if my Nanny will still be alive when I get there.

So I decide to leave the bike where I have parked it, EVEN though I had no lock with me and I had parked it opposite some mad flats. Then I have to walk 20mins back to the petrol station I passed in my rush to get home.

So I ring my Mam, to see how my nanny is, and explain why I am going to be late.

I echo your mothers response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Shower of Feckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    ...rant...

if only your bike had been stolen, that would have been the icing on the cake ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

People who stand at the traffic lights and repeatedly press the button again and again and again and again and press it really roughly. It DOESN'T make it work any quicker just because your impatient.
    I was waiting to cross the road a few minutes ago and an auld lad was hammering away on the opposite side of the road. Ooohh I wanted to shout at him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

eo980 wrote:
    People who stand at the traffic lights and repeatedly press the button again and again and again and again and press it really roughly. It DOESN'T make it work any quicker just because your impatient.
    I was waiting to cross the road a few minutes ago and an auld lad was hammering away on the opposite side of the road. Ooohh I wanted to shout at him!

Replace lifts with traffic lights and ditto !

just spent several days cutting expanded metal (& hands) and screwing it onto the outside of the house in readiness for plastering. 100m2 at this stage.

First plasterer comes around, says that it's too loose, :(

OK do it tighter butted edges, (more cuts to metal & hands) next guy says he prefers it to overlap, right I do the mext couple of walls with an overlap...(raging at this stage keyboard is being hammered!!!!)

third guy says he wants a GAP AAAARRRGHHH!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Now I have a complete sense of humour (ps spoelchecker sucks) failure, as all the batteries in my two drills have ALL failed making the job even F*&king longer.

Believe it or not I DO feel better after that rant.

Another Uiske bretrha or tri and I shan't care.

slán

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

Having spent the last week driving from one end of the country to the other in a few different directions, I'm not even going to start about the general quality of driving on our roads. I'm just going to single out two categories of offender that just really, really irritate me.

1. Zoolanders

What is it with those muppets that can't make a simple left turn with something approaching competence? WTF? Every single time I'm just left seething at the utter moronic stupidity of these people. They approach a left turn without indicating, slam on the brakes at the very last second, and then proceed to cautiously inch their way round this strange and worrying new manoeuvre the likes of which they have never before encountered, causing 15 cars to pile up behind them as they take a full minute to get out of the damn way. Grrrr. People like this simply shouldn't be behind the wheel of a ton of fast-moving impending death.

2. Gaggles

A gaggle is that wondrous phenomenon, whereby 2 or 3 crap drivers manage to meet out on the open road. They then proceed to tailgate one another at 50kph. For the next 20 miles. Blissfully oblivious to the fact that they are holding up another 30 cars behind them, because nobody can get past them safely. And because they are all just rubbish drivers, none of them have the wit to leave a good safe distance from the crap driver immediately in front of them - if they even had this amount of cop-on, then those of us wishing to go about our lawful business could get past them eventually by playing leapfrog on the straights. But no, we can't be having any of that. No, your gaggle will drive up one another's arses creating an obstacle in the way longer than many buses or trucks, will refuse to pull over, will start accelerating when someone does try to get past them, will flash the lights and shake their heads disapprovingly once you are clear, and generally manage to add hugely to the anger and frustration on our roads.

i know its been said a million times but feck it....

Doormen. alot of them are great but ya get the odd one dont ya?
    Complete Wa**er on the Door last night, was a mates Birthday and as i was standing outside trying to ring my mate to see where she was i saw 3 girls gettin tured away. one ofthem had a horrible tacky lookin dress on so iwouldnt have let her in anyway, lol
    so i walk up and he says "Regulars only...are you part of a function in here?" i said i wasnt but that it wasa friends birthday and they wer e all already in there and i told him they weren't regulars.... P***K!!!! :mad:
    my throat was killing me i felt pretty crap and i wasn't even gonna bother goin but i did...only for this Fooker to turn me away. got a taxi straight home. i hadnt been to that particular place in a bout a ywar and i never had a problem before that. was a bloke i never saw before though. wanted to strangle him!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

:mad:I had my handbag stolen from under my chair in a sh1tty kip of a nightclub in Kildare on Saturday night.. Bye bye phone, bank cards, makeup, money :o I didn't even wanna go out in the first place.. Had my arm twisted.. Why oh why..

Pain in my ar*e :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

xzanti wrote: »
    :mad:I had my handbag stolen from under my chair in a sh1tty kip of a nightclub in Kildare on Saturday night.. Bye bye phone, bank cards, makeup, money :o I didn't even wanna go out in the first place.. Had my arm twisted.. Why oh why..

Pain in my ar*e :(

Pockets ftw :o

I have to work for 12 hours today. :(

Oh and I'd to deal with a South Soyid debs on Friday night. Holy crap but these kids are the scum of the earth.

An actual conversation from the end of the night..

Kid: Excuse me Mr Doorman - if that is your name roysh. Can you call us a cab like?
    Me: There's a rank over there /points
    Kid: Like do you even know who I am? My father practically owns this place!
    Me: Well then you should put a letter of complaint to your father in the morning regarding my behaviour.
    Kid: You'll be hearing from my solicitor!
    Me: /Cries

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

connundrum wrote: »
    Pockets ftw :o

They'd wanna be some pockets to fit all my junk in lol.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement