Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

scrappage scheme

Options
  • 26-11-2007 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any dealers that still give you some money for your banger? I have a 00 Vectra which is in good condition but not going cos the injector is gone in it. I wondering if I would get anything for it in a trade in??? any ideas anyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

any "scrappage deals" are simply discounts of crap cars that don't sell. Discounts you'd get anyway if you asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

No scrappage scheme any more but you will get a trade in price (not much as its not even going) but it depends on what your buying -

Nissan will give you up to 3grand of a new car at rrp but this would depend on what car you were buying (probably a 30,000 car) - you could probably save 5 grand on the same car paying cash exspecialy this time of year.

I would get rid of the vectra for whatever I could get for it and look for a nearly new low mileage car at a good discount, once you drive a new motor off a forecourt it has already depreciated in value, why not let someone else take the hit, I saved 5 grand on an 07 by doing this.

Advertisement