Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finally new N95 firmware!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

This is only available if you have a non branded N95. Hopefully O2 release it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

Finally thank god. thank you OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

Henne220 wrote: »
    Hi, just to let all the n95 owners out there know that a new firmware has been released, V20.0.015. :D

Can somebody confirm (or deny) if the upgrade kills the "start tracking" feature in the maps, like what happens if you upgrade the maps separately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

matrim wrote: »
    This is only available if you have a non branded N95. Hopefully O2 release it soon.

You could always de-brand it..?! ;) its not hard to do but it voids warranties.!

I can not say for sure but i'm 99% sure that it does remove the tracking feature, but it gives you 3 days full navigation for free.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

off i go to get this tommorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

If Carlsberg did upgrades, this would be the one.
    With the advantage of removable memory up to 8 GB with this, I cannot imagine why you'd need a N95 8GB over this.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Certainly an improvement on the speed of the camera and a general tidy-up of menus.

I can report that the backup/restore function of PC Suite works like a charm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Hi, just to let all the n95 owners out there know that a new firmware has been released, V20.0.015. :D

-It fixes the keypress bug
    -Increases usable ram
    -Speeds up camera and the phone in general
    -Adds more functionality and re-orders the menu.

Regards,
    Owen

more: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/6308_The_N95_classic_hits_v20_firmw.php

is there an RSS reader in the N95? what apps are standard with firmware 20.xxxx?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

nazoil wrote: »
    If Carlsberg did upgrades, this would be the one.
    With the advantage of removable memory up to 8 GB with this, I cannot imagine why you'd need a N95 8GB over this.

you can buy 8gig cards??? i dont think the new firmware allows 8gig removable,, ....but i maybe wrong..

clansman wrote: »
    you can buy 8gig cards??? i dont think the new firmware allows 8gig removable,, ....but i maybe wrong..

compatibility with 8 GB microSDHC cards since version 12.0.013
    I've seen one in action

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 flibz

Some software called Nemesis Service Suite:-
    http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/software.htm

and a Euro1 product code (0536062 is the Euro 1 Plum code).

Plug your phone in via USB cable amd hit the search icon in NSS. Go to the "phone info" tab and hit "scan" (i think). You'll see the current product code over at the right hand side.

Enter the new product code in the box, tick the "enable" box next to it, and click the "write" button below.

Restart the phone, and run the update software again.

Voila, no branding.

Obviously the fw update will delete all settings & contacts. You might want to sync contacts (using ZYB or something) rather than running the nokia backup - it's been a bit flaky for some people.

F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Hmm odd, when I go to update it shows me the older one (013) not 015.. Any ideas?

Phone is not branded and is unlocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

god's toy wrote: »
    Hmm odd, when I go to update it shows me the older one (013) not 015.. Any ideas?

Phone is not branded and is unlocked.

what is the product code of your phone? where did you buy?
    you can find the product code under the battery..

nokia are well known for releasing firmware, in a scattered fashion ( they dont normally release fw for all n95 models at once)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Hi,
    It's product code 0547686, I was looking around and it looks like none of the 054's have been updated yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I tried changing the product code and upgrading and it was very easy and worked for me.

So this has been a good week, new firmware that makes my N95 better and O2 have finally launched a 10GB data addon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 flibz

Incidentally the upgrade also apparently increases battery life by 10-20% which is a right result.

I've certainly noticed an improvement with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Just to say I changed my product code, and upgraded and changed my product code back. Worked perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

How do i go about upgrading my n95 please tell me step by step:):):) (me am stupid man)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I updated the software, and it does seem quicker and better overall, but now when i open the music player its loads for ages searching for songs and podcast i think

anyone else having the same experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I updated my Three N95 to v20 but still am having nothing but problems.

1. Messnger client refuses to download from planet three (invalid jar file)
    2. Wifi seems to vanish from my access points at random even though I've disabled power saving.
    3. Fring only works over Wifi and not over 3G / GRPS - won't connect.

These problems existed too on v12 firmware though.I've only had the phone a few days but I'm sure there's lots of other stuff that doesn't work and am not happy with Three.

I'm on the 250mb internet package but nothing seems to work on it. :mad:

p.s. Isn't messenger free to use for all three customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭massivemagumbos

can't download the update! software updater says i'm missing vital components when i hit update! any ideas??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

AndrewMc wrote: »
    Can somebody confirm (or deny) if the upgrade kills the "start tracking" feature in the maps, like what happens if you upgrade the maps separately?

Yes, it does:mad:. The 20.x firmware has Maps 1.0 bundled with it. I've tried the free 3 day licence to turn it into a proper GPS, and it works properly (car pointing to the top of the screen with the map rotating around it etc). I might even spring for the full 3 year licence, but I'd have been happy to stick with the tracking feature that I had before.

The speed / memory / battery life upgrades are very good, but, it was a pretty sneaky thing of Nokia to knobble the functionality like that, but I've no one to blame for myself for not doing my homework properly before upgrading.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

im getting a lot of errors from the new software tbh, not responding to opening programs, freezing etc.. gonna have to format the entire bugger now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

V20 puts my battery life back to the way it was with the original firmware. V12 improved it no end but now I'm back to charging at work and at night.

I've ironed out a lot of the problems now and am very happy with the phone now.Using the v20 firmware I got from 8am until 11:30pm from the battery (was at one bar at this stage).I used the GPS , Web numerous times , Gmail App , Podcasting for an hour or so, made and received a good few calls and downloaded apps using the phone.

The messenger issue was down to me unbranding the phone so I've got to wait until Three role out their v20 before I can get that working.

P.S. I'm still having the wifi issue of the connection vanishing from the access point lists when I run a net aware application - very fustrating! I use my PSP on the same wireless router (CNET) playing a 16 way online game of Minna No Golf Portable 2 without any issues so I'm thinking the N95 (or my one) has poor WIFI? Power saving is disabled for WIFI on the phone and I've used all 3 settings for power ... i.e. 4mW 10mW & 100mW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Yakuza wrote: »
    Yes, it does:mad:. The 20.x firmware has Maps 1.0 bundled with it. I've tried the free 3 day licence to turn it into a proper GPS, and it works properly (car pointing to the top of the screen with the map rotating around it etc). I might even spring for the full 3 year licence, but I'd have been happy to stick with the tracking feature that I had before.

The speed / memory / battery life upgrades are very good, but, it was a pretty sneaky thing of Nokia to knobble the functionality like that, but I've no one to blame for myself for not doing my homework properly before upgrading.

Sorry stupid question....whats the "start tracking" feature?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

This ain't coming up on my software updater...anywhere else to get it?!

Sorry stupid question....whats the "start tracking" feature?

When you planned a route it allows (well, allowed :() you to track / update your position on the map relative to the route. It was a poor man's GPS function (both the 2D (top down) and 3D (isometric) views of the map always had North at the top, rather than the map revolving around whatever direction you were travelling), but it worked well enough and most importantly it was "free" (well, free apart from the €700 I shelled out to get an unbranded phone :rolleyes:).

There's no doubt in my mind Nokia deliberately removed it from Maps 1.0 and the 20.x firmware to force folks to buy the licence for full-blown GPS functionality.

• Advertisement

Yakuza wrote: »
    When you planned a route it allows (well, allowed :() you to track / update your position on the map relative to the route. It was a poor man's GPS function (both the 2D (top down) and 3D (isometric) views of the map always had North at the top, rather than the map revolving around whatever direction you were travelling), but it worked well enough and most importantly it was "free" (well, free apart from the €700 I shelled out to get an unbranded phone :rolleyes:).

There's no doubt in my mind Nokia deliberately removed it from Maps 1.0 and the 20.x firmware to force folks to buy the licence for full-blown GPS functionality.

so is that different then to the route from to function?
    Options > Use this place > Route From / Route To / Navigate to, etc with the option to face map north

nazoil wrote: »
    so is that different then to the route from to function?
    Options > Use this place > Route From / Route To / Navigate to, etc with the option to face map north

You can still plot your routes (and see them on the map) but the only options you have now are "start navigation" where you have to either use your 3-day trial license or buy a full one or "start simulation".

If I choose "Show on map" all I get is a static picture of the route in the top down view. It doesn't change even if you're moving, whereas before, Start Tracking would have shown the same map but with your current position plotted on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I bought an unlocked but 3 branded N95 from ebay. I went ot update the firmware and it tell me it is up to date but it is only v12. Can anyone tell me how to getr v20 on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I read that it no longer stores your password for wifi access to your network - have to type in each time - anyone confirm???

richieg wrote: »
    I bought an unlocked but 3 branded N95 from ebay. I went ot update the firmware and it tell me it is up to date but it is only v12. Can anyone tell me how to getr v20 on it?

you need to change the product code with nsu (i think it is) quick google will show you
    I read that it no longer stores your password for wifi access to your network - have to type in each time - anyone confirm???

works ok for me.

damn bumping i thought there was new firmware out :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

This is not true. My n95 stores the wifi key perfectly. In fact i think the update really made this phone much better in every way.

This is not true. My n95 stores the wifi key perfectly. In fact i think the update really made this phone much better in every way.

100% agree, still cant wait till i get an n82 or n96 (depending on n96 release date)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Only prob I noticed on mine was when you close the camera with the shutter it sometimes goes back into camera mode. Other than that Ive had it updated since November and the camera is more nippy, menu better organised and atleast the media menu doesnt pop on if you accidently push the cover to show the media buttons

Advertisement