Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPS collecting 360's, are they always this bad!?!

• 26-11-2007 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

I got my first 3 red rings a few days ago. I sorted out the box and the label last night and I rang UPS first thing this morning. Surprisingly enough, they told me they will collect it this afternoon! But then they tell me someone has to be home between 12 and 5 for whenever they come. Now thats a fairly long time for someone to have to stay at home to meet them but at least they were able to come today.

The day came and went without any sign of them. At 5.30 I rang them again to ask them what the deal was. They told the driver is probably still doing collections around the area and he should be out there any minute. The rep. said she would ring the driver to make sure they don't forget but if they did she'd ring me.

An hour later and nothing. No collection. No phone call. So I rang them back and surprise surprise, their lines are now closed!!! :mad::mad: Better yet, nobody will be here for tomorrow so thats another day gone, decreasing my hope even more of getting my 360 back for Christmas.

Now I've never used UPS but they've treated me fairly poorly today. Are they going to give me the runaround the next day too?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

deise59 wrote: »
    I got my first 3 red rings a few days ago. I sorted out the box and the label last night and I rang UPS first thing this morning. Surprisingly enough, they told me they will collect it this afternoon! But then they tell me someone has to be home between 12 and 5 for whenever they come. Now thats a fairly long time for someone to have to stay at home to meet them but at least they were able to come today.

The day came and went without any sign of them. At 5.30 I rang them again to ask them what the deal was. They told the driver is probably still doing collections around the area and he should be out there any minute. The rep. said she would ring the driver to make sure they don't forget but if they did she'd ring me.

An hour later and nothing. No collection. No phone call. So I rang them back and surprise surprise, their lines are now closed!!! :mad::mad: Better yet, nobody will be here for tomorrow so thats another day gone, decreasing my hope even more of getting my 360 back for Christmas.

Now I've never used UPS but they've treated me fairly poorly today. Are they going to give me the runaround the next day too?

Pfft! Thats nothing. Its one bloody day, relax and wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

drop it into there depot, is there one near you.
    Can you bring it to work - get them to collect it there, thats what i did

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

same thing happened me. ring wednesday 2 weeks ago to sort out a thursday collection between 9 & 2 pick up fine no probs. 2 comes & gos ring them up "oh the driver is stuck in traffic he'll be there by 5" same again no one comes. ring back given the usual oh sorry bull told i'm now a priority pick up & someone will be with me before 7. same again lines closed. ring on friday told someone had called to the door [absolute bull] & try arrange pick up between 9-12 told no can do as no driver would be in the area. arrange pick up for monday so i could be home. get bus to college pass a ups truck barely 5mins from my house. ring them back "sorry we have no contact with our drivers once they leave the depot" yet more bull add extra complaint to one i'd already filed that morning. seens they couldn't reroute anyone to my address for friday. 2 hours later supervisor rings my house. pick arranged for friday driver arrives 30 mins later. morale of the story u won't something done right with ups speak to no-one bar a supervisor.
    btw supervisor left me his name & directed me to ring & ask for him by name for when console is ready to be returned, so fair play to him for that at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,913 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They actually came to my house within an hour of me calling them!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

what do you expect with a pic of jesus in your profile :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,913 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

*note to self, remove Jesus pic* :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Mmmmmm... I'm waiting for the UPS shipping doc from Microsoft at the moment.

How have you packaged it up? What sort of box are ye using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

quad_red wrote: »
    Mmmmmm... I'm waiting for the UPS shipping doc from Microsoft at the moment.

How have you packaged it up? What sort of box are ye using?

how long have you been waiting ? i was waiting for 3 days for the email and when i got back onto them about it they had taken my email details down wrong , even though it was spelt out letter by letter :rolleyes: . so don't wait to long for it .

Clover wrote: »
    how long have you been waiting ? i was waiting for 3 days for the email and when i got back onto them about it they had taken my email details down wrong , even though it was spelt out letter by letter :rolleyes: . so don't wait to long for it .

Well, I called it in on Sunday. Nothing in post today. Which is fair enough I suppose. You wouldn't expect them to process it (although how much processing goes into sending a shipping doc out?).

If there's nothing in tomorrow's post I'll call them again.

How did you pack yours up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Well, I called it in on Sunday. Nothing in post today. Which is fair enough I suppose. You wouldn't expect them to process it (although how much processing goes into sending a shipping doc out?).

bought a box for €2 in easons, perfect fit . why are you waiting on the post ? they not email it to you and you print it off ? .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Why didn't you get them to e-mail it??

anyway I just picked a random brown box at work packed it with foam protection stuff and taped the box shut

both times mine has broke UPS have collected it the very next day, no complaints here but they have obviously treated you guys like crap. I work in an industrial estate though so they are probably here a lot anyway so collection is no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

do they have to collect and drop it off from you home (or where the xbox is registered to) or could i get them to collect and drop it back to where i work, seeing as its the only place i can guarantee i'll be from 9-5 ?

Scruff wrote: »
    do they have to collect and drop it off from you home (or where the xbox is registered to) or could i get them to collect and drop it back to where i work, seeing as its the only place i can guarantee i'll be from 9-5 ?

they'll pick it up from anywhere you ask them, just make sure they are sending it back to your home address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Think it usually takes 3 weeks to get ur brand new 360 from the day they collect.

Microsoft don't fix consoles, they replace them.

armour87 wrote: »
    Think it usually takes 3 weeks to get ur brand new 360 from the day they collect.

Microsoft don't fix consoles, they replace them.

Ammm that's not true, mine broke and I got the same one back. By same one I mean I forgot to detach the hard drive (well the lady on the phone said to leave it on actually) and i got the same console back, serial number on the back was same and hard drive was still attached

Now they could have put brand new everything into the old case but it was not a brand new console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Apologies, this is the first case of its kind ive heard off.

I no when they do return a console they give it the same serial number again though.

How long did yours take?

Clover wrote: »
    they not email it to you and you print it off ? .

Oh FFS!!:mad:

They never told me they could do that. And they have my goddamn email address. And he asked me to confirm it over the phone and never mentioned the fact that they could just email the doc to me.

Arrrghhhhh

Advertisement