Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do with your old PC games?

Options
  • 26-11-2007 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

What do people do with their old PC games?

I've a load of PC games from the last five or six years which I never play anymore. I had a look on adverts.ie, but selling PC games doesn't seem popular.

What have people on boards done with their old PC games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Vengeance

silvine wrote: »

I've a load of PC games from the last five or six years which I never play anymore. I had a look on adverts.ie, but selling PC games doesn't seem popular.

I have an old system which plays the older games...so i just play em all again. You probably won't get much for them tbh though, the problem is that someone can easily copy their games onto their hard drive and sell em all. Its all piracy unfortunately....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well if they have a good story and I manage to fall in love with them I hang on to them and induct them to my game hall of fame ;-D,but if there crap :mad: I throw them in a box or give them to a friend :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Throw them into a box and stick that inside my cupboard.
    I used to sell my newish games, but even then there's usually feck all money in it and you're better off just holding on to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i dont understand selling old games, you bought it for a reason right? because you liked it? i cant count the amount of times ive played road rash/ streets of rage/ desert/jungle/urban strike on the sega or the orginal cnc on the pc or goldeneye on n64 or raptor for the pc, dont forget doom 1 & 2 FAR FAR better than doom 3 which was so boring i didnt even finish it.

Why sell such amazing games when you can play them again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CaptainCharisma

Keep them. You never know when you'll want to dig out a gem like AVP2 or the older Age of Empires games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

they go in a pile. then every few years i throw all the useless and broken cd's away and wonder why i keep buying crap games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

silvine wrote: »

why don't you donate them to your local charity shop ??

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

throw out the boxes, keep the cds in a drawer....for ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

If anyone has a copy of Aliens vs. Predator 2 they don't want I have some storage room in the disc drive of my PC ;)

Advertisement